• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: pritch Yesterday, 21:25 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Unopened brake fluid shelf life?

Thread Starter: SaferRides

Pretty much what the thread title says. There is a variety of opinions for opened containers, but little info on how long you should keep unopened fluid. I have some that was made in 10/2017 and am hesitant to use it.

Last Post By: SaferRides Yesterday, 06:31 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Greymouth Street Races - Labour Weekend 2013

Entry form to download if required.

Cheers
    Muzza
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Greymouth Street Races - Labour Weekend 2013 started by Muzzab View original post
    Comments 79 Comments
      Drew -
      Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
      OK Steve - a question. I'm told there's nothing in the supp regs relating to the recent rule changes - 22.6 and 22.8.

Rumour has it that street meetings are the same as nationals in that 22.8 applies - this would mean "shark fin" extra lock wiring etc as well as a tail light if you wish to race in the rain. It would be as well to clear this up early if only to aid the classic guys....

Thanks.
      Ohhh, don't forget the three MNZ meetings in your chosen class in the twelve months prior to competing.
      Muzzab -
      Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
      Ohhh, don't forget the three MNZ meetings in your chosen class in the twelve months prior to competing.
      Thanks for that, I've highlighted that on what i have printed off from MNZ for Section 22 as well.
      kiwi cowboy -
      Come to the Barry Sheene at Hampton downs on that weekend then.
      Yer was thinking about that earlier but decided to get dept paid off this year and if going that far would like to have a bit of time to look around a little.

The other problem is the time of year with lambing finishing and tailing starting were pretty busy so might look at the barry sheen next year after seeing how taking a couple of extra days off this year goes with the boss
      Danger Dave -
      Here is a copy of the rule taken from MNZ website, it does not state "in your chosen class"

Rule 22.8.15
      Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class, a rider must have competed in at least 3 lower level Road Race circuit events with in the 12 months immediately prior, or be observed by a recognised senior competitor or suitably trained MNZ official, clearance for which must be obtained from the Road Race Commissioner, proof of this will be from entries in the logbook or of observed, written clearance from the Road Race Commissioner, only senior Championship licence holders may compete on the streets.
      Drew -
      Quote Originally Posted by Danger Dave View Post
      Here is a copy of the rule taken from MNZ website, it does not state "in your chosen class"

Rule 22.8.15
      Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class, a rider must have competed in at least 3 lower level Road Race circuit events with in the 12 months immediately prior, or be observed by a recognised senior competitor or suitably trained MNZ official, clearance for which must be obtained from the Road Race Commissioner, proof of this will be from entries in the logbook or of observed, written clearance from the Road Race Commissioner, only senior Championship licence holders may compete on the streets.
      Oh, true dat. My mistake, as it was dicussed originally that it was in your class. I figured that's how the rule had presented in finished form.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.
      Danger Dave -
      Oh, true dat. My mistake, as it was dicussed originally that it was in your class. I figured that's how the rule had presented in finished form.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.
      I only know that because i keeped an eye on it, as you well know with sidecars how the hell are we going to get 3 races in our class without them being strret or nationals unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.
      Drew -
      I only know that because i keeped an eye on it, as you well know with sidecars how the hell are we going to get 3 races in our class without them being strret or nationals unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.
      Barry Sheene, Tri series rounds one and two, and you're good to go mate.
      Billy -
      Yip I identified that and rang Scrivy and we came up with the altered rule as you have posted,Much to somes disgust I might add
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
      Not sure I want to get mixed up in the f3 class and be a moving shicane lol.
      Harden up Princess
      unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.
      You could do 2 in the next two weekends down here? dont you guys get any club rounds through the year ?
      kiwi cowboy -
      [QUOTE=Kickaha;1130609415]Harden up Princess

Who the feck are you calling princessfuck off back to the sidecar thread where you belong.

Looking at accommodation as we speak
      kiwi cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
      OK Steve - a question. I'm told there's nothing in the supp regs relating to the recent rule changes - 22.6 and 22.8.

Rumour has it that street meetings are the same as nationals in that 22.8 applies - this would mean "shark fin" extra lock wiring etc as well as a tail light if you wish to race in the rain. It would be as well to clear this up early if only to aid the classic guys....

Thanks.
      The rule 22.8 applies to national championship meetings not street meets.
      From what I'm told (Kevin goddard) a street meet licence is not the same as a champion licence.
      Drew -
      From what I'm told (Kevin goddard) a street meet licence is not the same as a champion licence.
      Now this is interesting. At odds to what I'm being told.

Can't read the rules from my phone fuck it all.
      Muzzab -
      We are getting some clarification on rule 22.8.15 at the moment. Hopefully will have an answer in the morning.

It's interesting, my new licence says "Senior Championship" on it, I didn't see any options for street racing specifically when I applied to renew it.
      kiwi cowboy -
      Now this is interesting. At odds to what I'm being told.

Can't read the rules from my phone fuck it all.

Yes its confusing cos I emailed him and said I needed to buy one for the street race in graymouth in superlights and he said I didn't need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzab View Post
      We are getting some clarification on rule 22.8.15 at the moment. Hopefully will have an answer in the morning.

It's interesting, my new licence says "Senior Championship" on it, I didn't see any options for street racing specifically when I applied to renew it.

Kevin said to give him a ring if you want clarification.
      Drew -
      Hang on. It's always been the rule to have to do three meeting before being able to do streets and Nats both. That has been amended for the meetings to have been inside a one year period. Why would they drop it for streets?

If you can't do three in a year, Billy can approve you to race if he sees fit to do so.
      kiwi cowboy -
      Hang on. It's always been the rule to have to do three meeting before being able to do streets and Nats both. That has been amended for the meetings to have been inside a one year period. Why would they drop it for streets?

If you can't do three in a year, Billy can approve you to race if he sees fit to do so.
      Rule 22.8.15
      Rule 22.8.16
      When the riders have lined up on the grid they are deemed to be under the starters control at the instant the RED FLAG reaches the side of the track.
      Any motorcycle that moves in a forward motion whilst under the starters control shall be deemed a jump start.
      Rule 22.8.19
      Front brake caliper mounting bolts, must be wired or pinned in the tightened position
      Rule 22.8.20
      A front brake lever protector may be fitted
      Rule 22.8.21 -
      A chainguard or sharkfin made of a suitable rigid material MUST be fitted in such a way to prevent trapping between the lower chain run and the final drive sprocket at the rear wheel. All edges must be rounded.
      Rule 22.10.1
      Skunk -
      Yeah, a street meet licence is very different to a champion licence. One thing they do have in common is neither exists.
      A Full Licence covers Street, Island Championship and Nationals meetings.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.
      kiwi cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
      Yeah, a street meet licence is very different to a champion licence. One thing they do have in common is neither exists.
      A Full Licence covers Street, Island Championship and Nationals meetings.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.
      Sorry skunk what I meant by licence is the champion and street EVENT licence the organisers apply for is different.

I get where drew is coming from though with all the changes listed under the one rule appendix.
      Billy -

Kevin said to give him a ring if you want clarification.
      Why would you contact somebody who has NO jurisdiction over the sport to get a clarification he's not qualified to answer,His only reply SHOULD be,Contact the relevant commissioner,Although in this case,If you bothered to actually read the rules,Instead of just parading them on KB,You'd already know that as Drew has pointed out
      kiwi cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Why would you contact somebody who has NO jurisdiction over the sport to get a clarification he's not qualified to answer,His only reply SHOULD be,Contact the relevant commissioner,Although in this case,If you bothered to actually read the rules,Instead of just parading them on KB,You'd already know that as Drew has pointed out
      For fucks sake what do you mean NO jurisdiction?.
      Is keven goddard not the south island road board member as it says on the mnz website?.
      As a road race board member shouldn't he know what hes talking about?.
      Just to be clear I didn't contact him for clarification I contacted him as race supplies to buy a sharkfin as I was wanting to enter the street race and he SUPPLIED the information I tried to post up here.

I also HAVE actually read and posted the rule up on here and got confused with different advise but go ahead and insult me all ya like.

Might go back to plan A and just not go-problem solved