• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Today, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: pritch Today, 21:25 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Today, 15:59 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Unopened brake fluid shelf life?

Thread Starter: SaferRides

Pretty much what the thread title says. There is a variety of opinions for opened containers, but little info on how long you should keep unopened fluid. I have some that was made in 10/2017 and am hesitant to use it.

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 06:31 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 20:31 Go to last post
  • North Island 1,600 -- 11 & 12 October 2014

North Island 1,600 - 11 & 12 October 2014

Are you a rider who enjoys riding long distances? Do you love riding through the night? Would you like to see some of the North Island's more obscure sealed by-ways? Enjoy the company of others afflicted by the same disease?

The you should open your calendars and mark 11 & 12 October 2014.

The North Island 1,600 is on its way!

It's not a race. It's an endurance ride, intended to capture the spirit of previous similar North Island events. Yet it's also all new, and will have it's own personality and way of getting things done.

There's more information about this event on the website www.distanceriders.org.nz

We'll need a capable non-riding team for this event to make sure everything runs smoothly, so volunteers for those roles will be highly valued.

There's a lot of work going on getting this organised.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: North Island 1,600 -- 11 & 12 October 2014 started by Hitcher View original post
    Comments 68 Comments
      Hitcher -
      Arrangements for this year's North Island 1,600 event are well underway.

NZ Distance Riders' March newsletter sets out the details. http://bit.ly/1nXTcOp

Download a registration form off the website and make sure you're at Turangi on Saturday 11 October ready to roll. You know you want to! http://bit.ly/1ijO1a6
      cafe -
      Fantastic ! Well done guys, hope it all comes together. Nothing compares with a Grandy !

Already in Calendar, see you there !
      nonie -
      I'm there
      Hitcher -
      It's getting closer to 11-12 October. If you're keen to join up with some elite riders on a distance event, then you'll need to register!

http://bit.ly/1kFpJoy
      roy.nz -
      Sounds fantastic. I am in.
      Wiki Drifter -
      Sweet....will register once I get my leave confirmed.

Will there be 5 checkpoints like the GC?
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wiki Drifter View Post
      Will there be 5 checkpoints like the GC?
      7:00pm on Friday 10 October will reveal all. Remember that the North Island 1,600 isn't a Grand Challenge. It will develop its own "traditions".
      MarkH -
      Hmmm, this event is something that I'll consider!
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
      Hmmm, this event is something that I'll consider!
      What's to consider? Fill out an online form or download one from www.distanceriders.org.nz and make it happen!
      Zapf -
      I'll be there!
      Hitcher -
      The Distance Riders' latest newsletter is just out! Read a copy at this link.

http://bit.ly/1tFzR5H

Spread the word and get your riding mates excited. Get yourself excited too -- aroused enough to complete and send in an Entry Form!
      Ulsterkiwi -
      disappointed I cannot take part as I am on my restricted, riding through the night clearly presents a problem .....duhhhh......
      Graelin -
      I used to love riding through the night in NZ.

I will be riding around Australia 26July to 26 August 14,500 kilometres Black Dog Around Australia Ride raising awareness of depression and suicide prevention.
      Hitcher -
      Check out our latest newsletter. http://bit.ly/1pP5byd

Remember that we're not only looking for lots of keen riders for October, but also a bunch of keen volunteers prepared to work behind the scenes to make sure this is an outstanding event!
      shafty -
      Great to see this event/organisation happening and I'd be either entering or volunteering, if I wasn't still in the US til November

All the best with this
      Hitcher -
      NZ Distance Riders latest newsletter is out!

Time to get entered people! Or to volunteer for our Support Crew!

http://bit.ly/1rD9sGN
      awa355 -
      Have applied to get the time off work. Cant get leave okayed untill August. Will help out as a support person if the leave is granted.
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
      Will help out as a support person if the leave is granted.
      Send Distance Riders an email or use the feedback form on the Contact Us page at www.distanceriders.org.nz if you'd like more details about the support crew roles we're looking for.
      GrayWolf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
      NZ Distance Riders latest newsletter is out!

Time to get entered people! Or to volunteer for our Support Crew!

http://bit.ly/1rD9sGN
      I'm waiting to see if they csn get some local garages open along the route... I cant achieve the long leg spoken of, and will not carry petrol in soft panniers (my only option)
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
      I'm waiting to see if they csn get some local garages open along the route... I cant achieve the long leg spoken of, and will not carry petrol in soft panniers (my only option)
      Read the newsletter. The gas gap has been closed from 240km to 165km. We're now expecting your entry...