• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: pirkka1 Today, 06:38 Go to last post
    Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: dangerous Yesterday, 19:39 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 15:47 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Yesterday, 22:42 Go to last post
    R650R

A bright idea

Thread Starter: R650R

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13264235/Ministers-launch-review-drivers-dazzled-headlights-survey-reveals-nearly-nine-ten-think-bright.html

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 16:28 Go to last post
    Pursang

Cant fall over!

Thread Starter: Pursang

Not sure what to call it...or where to post it...But it is a 2 wheeler!

Last Post By: BMWST? Yesterday, 19:48 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Kickstart Your Motorbike Journey in Motorcycle Awareness Month

Thread Starter: rastuscat

22 September at the Air Force Museum, Wigram. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A free-entry expo of the newest LAMS bikes from all the brands. And how to progress from no Class 6, to a 6L, then a 6R, and finally to the 6F. The trainers and testers will be on site to answer every question you can dream up,...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Yesterday, 23:06 Go to last post
  • North Island 1,600 -- 11 & 12 October 2014

North Island 1,600 - 11 & 12 October 2014

Are you a rider who enjoys riding long distances? Do you love riding through the night? Would you like to see some of the North Island's more obscure sealed by-ways? Enjoy the company of others afflicted by the same disease?

The you should open your calendars and mark 11 & 12 October 2014.

The North Island 1,600 is on its way!

It's not a race. It's an endurance ride, intended to capture the spirit of previous similar North Island events. Yet it's also all new, and will have it's own personality and way of getting things done.

There's more information about this event on the website www.distanceriders.org.nz

We'll need a capable non-riding team for this event to make sure everything runs smoothly, so volunteers for those roles will be highly valued.

There's a lot of work going on getting this organised.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: North Island 1,600 -- 11 & 12 October 2014 started by Hitcher View original post
    Comments 68 Comments
      GrayWolf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
      Read the newsletter. The gas gap has been closed from 240km to 165km. We're now expecting your entry...
      Settle pettle... "We're now expecting your entry.."

I hadnt read the newsletter at that time...... and my entry will be forthcoming!
      whatastoner -
      I'll be coming up for this one. Looking forward to some new roads and maybe a familiar face or two.
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
      I'll be coming up for this one. Looking forward to some new roads and maybe a familiar face or two.
      There will be new roads. You'll have to take your chances with those familiar faces.
      whatastoner -
      Anything north of Bunnythorpe will be new to me.
      whatastoner -
      Out of interest. How many riders have signed up for the event?
      Hitcher -
      Out of interest. How many riders have signed up for the event?
      Currently about 30, with a bunch more loitering with intent.
      KoroJ -
      Currently about 30, with a bunch more loitering with intent.
      With only 3 1/2 weeks to the entry cut-off, you loiterers need to get off your butts and commit. Come on guys....and guyesses?!
      whatastoner -
      Thanks. 30+ is a good sized entry for a first year event. The last time the Chatto Creek 1000 ran, I think there were five of us.
      insomnia01 -
      any thoughts for the future of running a concept similar to the Southern Cross Road Rally ? for bringing the NI1600 to life by the way
      Hitcher -
      Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
      any thoughts for the future of running a concept similar to the Southern Cross Road Rally ? for bringing the NI1600 to life by the way
      Once we get the NI1600 out of the way we'll have some discussions with the Rusty Nuts (now under new management) about the events they wish to continue with, and how we can jointly coordinate to make those happen.
      insomnia01 -
      Once we get the NI1600 out of the way we'll have some discussions with the Rusty Nuts (now under new management) about the events they wish to continue with, and how we can jointly coordinate to make those happen.
      got any contact details for what's remaining of the Rusty's?? they still owe me for finishing the last SCRR & after various emails from Lee I still haven't seen anything
      banditrider -
      Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
      got any contact details for what's remaining of the Rusty's?? they still owe me for finishing the last SCRR & after various emails from Lee I still haven't seen anything
      Be interested to see if they intend to fix people up after past issues. I'm still awaiting a 10 year mug and badge...

Looking forward to the NI1600 though!

If you're after a mini-Southern X, the Manawatu Ulysses 4 points is on starting the weekend after the NI1600. I'll be doing it over about 4-5 days and with the route I've planned (circumnavigation of the NI) I'll end up with nearly 5,300km in 6 days when the NI1600 is added to it (with just a few days off in between).
      whatastoner -
      Those guys seem pretty tight. Rusty by name and nature.
      insomnia01 -
      Those guys seem pretty tight. Rusty by name and nature.
      the " Tight " bunch that are close to Lee got their SCRR badges from my understanding F*%#K everyone else
      Hitcher -
      While it's irksome not to get things that were promised and included in the price of an event, please note that the Rusty's are gearing up to enter a new era under new management, as it were.

They're not interested in organising events like the North Island 1,600 but several of the former Rustys are helping as part of our support crew.

I understand that they are interested in continuing the more "social" events that the Rustys used to organise, like the Southern Cross and the Icons Tours. I guess they'll raise awareness about those when they're ready to deliver. If they do, then the Distance Riders are happy to support them and help to promote those events, just as we do for other distance rides.
      Hitcher -
      It's just over a month until the North Island 1,600's Official Starter waves the field away. It's not too late to get an entry lodged -- but it will be after Friday 26 September. Don't delay, get that entry form away!

http://bit.ly/1rSBoda
      breakaway -
      How strict is the no pillion rule? Would love to bring the mrs along on the back.
      KoroJ -
      Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
      How strict is the no pillion rule? Would love to bring the mrs along on the back.
      Feel free to bring her along for the weekend, but that would be a big No to doing the 1600 with a pillion.
      Hitcher -
      Friday 25 September is the deadline for registrations for this year’s North Island 1,600 that will roll out of Turangi from 1:00pm on Saturday 11 October.

If you’ve been mulling over doing another 1,600km event, or deciding whether to do your first, then your Mulling Machine needs to start shifting gears!

The field currently stands at 30 registered riders from all around the country riding a smorgasbord of machines. Some highly seasoned, others lightly sprinkled. Most of these fine folk are known to the Organising Group, and are a great bunch of elite riders.

So why not join them?

Daylight saving will be running. There will be a full moon up at night. The Christmas Rush season will be fast approaching. Spend some quality time with your bike and see some parts of the North Island you may not have even knew existed. Go on, you know you want to…

Register on our website or download a registration form off the same page.

http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/the...land-1600.html

Twist the arms of some of your like-minded mates.

Turangi is calling…
      Hitcher -
      Plugz 4 Lugz will be on site at Turangi from 9:00am on Saturday 11 October.

Here's a chance to get some custom ear plugs made prior to a big ride.

The Plugz team say this an opportunity to fulfill two things at once - get plugged and do the distance. It will also save riders time and miles if they don't have to swing by Plugz base in Rotorua.

More information about Plugz range of plugs, intercoms and such can be found here: http://www.bike2bike.co.nz/plugz__4_lugz.htm
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 12)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 1)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)