• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: Berries Today, 12:36 Go to last post
  • 1KC - 1,000km Cruise

This event is coming to you from The NZ Distance Riders and is a rebranded and expanded event from what was the C1KC (Capital 1,000Km Cruise). We have a website here: http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/ and Facebook page: NZ Distance Riders.

We are now introducing a northern event out of Hamilton on the same day and that has freed us up to set routes that are more focused on the enjoying the roads on offer in either the Upper Middle or Lower Nth Island, so this year, like all good hobbits from Middle Earth, we are venturing back into the east. (More on that in the thread below)

The 1KC is an informal ride for all riders from hardened endurance riding veterans to those barely off restricted. For North Islanders that thought the North Island 1600 might be fun but want something a bit easier first, or the Iron Butts that just want a decent daylight ride....and it's all for a good cause, Muscular Dystrophy.

We try to choose flowy routes that are a blend of easy riding with some of our favourite wee fangs. This year's offerings should provide another pleasant wee pootle, hopefully with maybe a couple of new roads to some.

The $20 is required at time of registration please and we have to order the badges, so these can’t be guaranteed for entries received after 20/10/14. Account details will be supplied on application.

As per previous years, Ride Instructions and a Briefing will be emailed the week before the event.

PS: The money raised for the MDA goes towards a fund that is used to buy presents for children with muscular dystrophy. Many thanks to all those riders that have tried the ride, and if you don’t want to ride, feel free to donate anyway.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 1KC - 1,000km Cruise started by KoroJ View original post
    Comments 335 Comments
      awa355 -
      Re the lights, The ride kicks off about 7am. With daylight saving, it will still be pretty much daylight at 7-8pm when the ride will be centre'd around the Waikato / Oto region so I can not see much in the way of night riding out in the boondocks, unless someone is still pushing his bike into the next fuel stop.
      FJRider -
      Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
      I did a few longer rides at the beginning of the year - which changed what/how/when and who i ride with.
      This does take a bit to get your head around ... But do what suits YOUR riding preferences ... even as they (may) change.
      eldog -
      Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
      Re the lights, The ride kicks off about 7am. With daylight saving, it will still be pretty much daylight at 7-8pm when the ride will be centre'd around the Waikato / Oto region so I can not see much in the way of night riding out in the boondocks, unless someone is still pushing his bike into the next fuel stop.
      nah just towing yours

I would hate to push mine. Its a Rolls Canardly type of boike.
      The rider is just s l o w.
      FJRider -
      sheep do you want me to keep them for you?
      I dont carry gumboots.
      E.mail J.A.W. as to their location ... he (being an aussie) ... will probably be interested.
      FJRider -
      I was referring to the 1600 km rides ... anything less is just a big day out ...
      awa355 -
      nah just towing yours

I would hate to push mine. Its a Rolls Canardly type of boike.
      The rider is just s l o w.
      I'll have an A frame fitted to the front and bring my own tow rope.
      eldog -
      Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
      This does take a bit to get your head around ... But do what suits YOUR riding preferences ... even as they (may) change.
      After my accident last year, it was a period when I really discovered - self responsibility.

Taking responsibility for my own actions. If I dont agree or want to try different things, I reasearch them and give it a go. I am trying to do/figure things by myself rather than rely on others except for advice (like yours).

Recently I have been doing all sorts of things with much more self confidence than before.
      like the 1000k previously I would have done this after another 5 years of riding. Now I am ready to give it a go. Even if I dont succeed I gave it a go.
      eldog -
      I'll have an A frame fitted to the front and bring my own tow rope.
      we could tie the bikes together, yours could be the side car.

More likely your experience will help you on your travels
      My INexperience will hold me back. I am quite happy to travel behind.
      FJRider -
      Taking responsibility for my own actions. If I dont agree or want to try different things, I reasearch them and give it a go. I am trying to do/figure things by myself rather than rely on others except for advice (like yours).
      Advice is good ... but how that will affect how you prefer to do stuff is the critical bit. Do what you feel comfortable doing.

Everybody is different ... can't and won't have entirly different meanings.

Recently I have been doing all sorts of things with much more self confidence than before.
      like the 1000k previously I would have done this after another 5 years of riding. Now I am ready to give it a go. Even if I dont succeed I gave it a go.
      Confidence is the key .. ability just helps.

BUT ... when things start going bad ... RETHINK your intentions ... and LIVE to ride another day.
      eldog -
      E.mail J.A.W. as to their location ... he (being an aussie) ... will probably be interested.
      I dont support the overseas shipment of NZ livestock or DNA etc.
      FJRider -
      I dont support the overseas shipment of NZ livestock or DNA etc.
      He's an aussie ... for a cheap and easy fuck ... he'll come over ...
      eldog -
      Quote Originally Posted by fjrider View Post
      advice is good ... But how that will affect how you prefer to do stuff is the critical bit.
      Do what you feel comfortable doing.
      Everybody is different ... can't and won't have entirly different meanings.
      Confidence is the key .. Ability just helps.
      But ... When things start going bad ... Rethink your intentions ... And live to ride another day.
      yyyyeeeessss
      eldog -
      He's an aussie ... for a cheap and easy fuck ... he'll come over ...
      there are good true blue aussies out there.
      They used to own a large proportion of little old NZ
      FJRider -
      there are good true blue aussies out there.
      There ARE ... ??

Fuck ... you learn something NEW every day ...
      eldog -
      There ARE ... ??

Fuck ... you learn something NEW every day ...
      I wonder what aussies think is a 'day ride'

Going for a long training ride this weekend, bike all ready and fuelled TCLOCKS done, just waiting for riding partner to decide path, destination already set.
      awa355 -
      we could tie the bikes together, yours could be the side car.

More likely your experience will help you on your travels
      My INexperience will hold me back. I am quite happy to travel behind.
      awa's break down service. Does that look like a GN on the back?

eldog -
      awa's break down service. Does that look like a GN on the back?

choice, a free breakdown service. Does look like my bike though.
      nzspokes -
      I doubt there will be any dark riding.
      eldog -
      Re the lights, The ride kicks off about 7am. With daylight saving, it will still be pretty much daylight at 7-8pm when the ride will be centre'd around the Waikato / Oto region so I can not see much in the way of night riding out in the boondocks
      having lights is a legal requirement.
      i still have to get the bike to the start, i will need lights to ride it to the start.. unless i ship it.
      awa355 -
      having lights is a legal requirement.
      i still have to get the bike to the start, i will need lights to ride it to the start.. unless i ship it.
      I'm quite aware of the light requirements on bikes. I was referring to the adding of additional lights for this ride.
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)