• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: Autech Today, 06:03 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
  • 1KC - 1,000km Cruise

This event is coming to you from The NZ Distance Riders and is a rebranded and expanded event from what was the C1KC (Capital 1,000Km Cruise). We have a website here: http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/ and Facebook page: NZ Distance Riders.

We are now introducing a northern event out of Hamilton on the same day and that has freed us up to set routes that are more focused on the enjoying the roads on offer in either the Upper Middle or Lower Nth Island, so this year, like all good hobbits from Middle Earth, we are venturing back into the east. (More on that in the thread below)

The 1KC is an informal ride for all riders from hardened endurance riding veterans to those barely off restricted. For North Islanders that thought the North Island 1600 might be fun but want something a bit easier first, or the Iron Butts that just want a decent daylight ride....and it's all for a good cause, Muscular Dystrophy.

We try to choose flowy routes that are a blend of easy riding with some of our favourite wee fangs. This year's offerings should provide another pleasant wee pootle, hopefully with maybe a couple of new roads to some.

The $20 is required at time of registration please and we have to order the badges, so these can’t be guaranteed for entries received after 20/10/14. Account details will be supplied on application.

As per previous years, Ride Instructions and a Briefing will be emailed the week before the event.

PS: The money raised for the MDA goes towards a fund that is used to buy presents for children with muscular dystrophy. Many thanks to all those riders that have tried the ride, and if you don’t want to ride, feel free to donate anyway.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 1KC - 1,000km Cruise started by KoroJ View original post
    Comments 335 Comments
      FJRider -
      Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
      ... a day i will always treasue.
      Pic's or it didn't happen ..
      eldog -
      Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
      Pic's or it didn't happen ..
      i dont go around taking pictures of myself like all the youngsters of today.
      unless you send $5 and 2 bags of chips
      off to work on the lights on the boike so it can be ready for the cruise.
      due for a major service in the next couple of weeks, want to get that done so i can shake the bike down and make sure its ready for the cruise. Maybe i will need a new set of tyres but i will see
      KoroJ -
      regular sips of 20-50 ml not a problem while underway, got on the supply sorted.

not sure if i need a sports drink, mostly water i guess, sports drink for salt and nutrient loss?
      would a protein/nut bar be better than a Moro or would i get more GO from a Moro
      Here's a recent blog on Endurance Riding that may be of help to you?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/en...the-next-latte
      eldog -
      Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
      Here's a recent blog on Endurance Riding that may be of help to you?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/en...the-next-latte
      great blog KoroJ, good to see I am following your footsteps
      nzspokes -
      We went out and rode to Wellsford and back tonight as a start of training. Turns out my headlight sucks as a headlight.

But a couple of hundred Ks knocked out.
      FJRider -
      Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
      We went out and rode to Wellsford and back tonight as a start of training. Turns out my headlight sucks as a headlight.

But a couple of hundred Ks knocked out.
      You can get bulb upgrades ... or get it wired (with relays) for a higher wattage bulbs ....

Practice on roads you don't know. You'll learn more.
      nzspokes -
      You can get bulb upgrades ... or get it wired (with relays) for a higher wattage bulbs ....

I have all I need to run relays, just not got round to it. Then will try some bulb options. Probably go 90/100 or something.

Not many roads around here I dont know......
      FJRider -
      Not many roads around here I dont know......
      Try them at 4am ... you get a whole new perspective on them.

After completing a 1000 miler ... you realise there isn't anywhere on your island ... you can't get to on (what you'll then consider is) ... an easy day ride.
      FJRider -
      I have all I need to run relays, just not got round to it. Then will try some bulb options. Probably go 90/100 or something.
      Another option some use .... mini spot lights on either side of the headlight (set to come on when high beam is on). Slightly offset outwards from the direction of travel. The idea is ... they show up more of the side of the road as you go through the twisties ...
      eldog -
      Another option some use .... mini spot lights on either side of the headlight (set to come on when high beam is on). Slightly offset outwards from the direction of travel. The idea is ... they show up more of the side of the road as you go through the twisties ...

Already did that 2 years ago worked a treat, filled in the dim areas when cornering.
      removed them last night now installing them on next bike.
      except mine are flood rather than spot.
      eldog -
      Try them at 4am ... you get a whole new perspective on them.

After completing a 1000 miler ... you realise there isn't anywhere on your island ... you can't get to on (what you'll then consider is) ... an easy day ride.
      are you sure....
      NEWS FLASH there is a second island, can you get from there to anywhere in a day?

Saw a FJ today, nice - it was an option i did look at.
      eldog -
      On to it already and in the dead of night - challenging getting to work the next day.
      FJRider -
      On to it already and in the dead of night - challenging getting to work the next day.
      NO DOZE pills do work. But you have to keep taking them ... stop taking them and the lights go out dam smart when the time of their influence ... wears out.
      FJRider -
      are you sure....
      NEWS FLASH there is a second island, can you get from there to anywhere in a day?

Saw a FJ today, nice - it was an option i did look at.
      True ... the "Second" island is one I seldom visit.

You might reside in that second island.

My point was ... wherever you are (on either island) an 800-900 km ride will easily put you a dam long way from home ...
      eldog -
      NO DOZE pills do work. But you have to keep taking them ... stop taking them and the lights go out dam smart when the time of their influence ... wears out.
      Havent needed them yet.
      A workmate had problems growing up going out on the piss all night and had problems working in the morning.
      His father took him to one side, told him he had a choice, party or work.
      If you want to party you have to be able to work to pay for it.
      I have always used this motto.
      FJRider -

Already did that 2 years ago worked a treat, filled in the dim areas when cornering.
      removed them last night now installing them on next bike.
      except mine are flood rather than spot.
      Short range wide beams work best for that ... easier to see the sheep on the side of the road too ...
      FJRider -
      Havent needed them yet.
      A workmate had problems growing up going out on the piss all night and had problems working in the morning.
      His father took him to one side, told him he had a choice, party or work.
      If you want to party you have to be able to work to pay for it.
      I have always used this motto.
      A thermos of double strength coffee works for me.
      eldog -
      True ... the "Second" island is one I seldom visit.

You might reside in that second island.

My point was ... wherever you are (on either island) an 800-900 km ride will easily put you a dam long way from home ...
      I know what your point was.

I did a few longer rides at the beginning of the year - which changed what/how/when and who i ride with.

But I have to do a few 1000k+ rides before I will feel easy doing that(800-900k rides).
      After a couple of 1600k rides, I am sure I will have changed my attitude towards bikes, riding and what i want to achieve in the future. And I may have changed my bike or stopped riding as I will have achieved by the end of the year all I originally planned to do with bikes
      eldog -
      Short range wide beams work best for that ... easier to see the sheep on the side of the road too ...
      Yes all sorted - just sorting out the mounts and wiring interface, its lumen output is multilevel and adjustable on the run. Hopefully all sorted in the next week or 2 - got a few other items being added at the same time

sheep do you want me to keep them for you?
      I dont carry gumboots.
      eldog -
      A thermos of double strength coffee works for me.
      dont want to taint the thermos, hot water add triple shot instant to lid.
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events