• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: Frits Overmars Today, 18:19 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: roogazza Today, 16:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Today, 15:20 Go to last post
  • NZSBK 2018 Round 1

Round 1 of NZSBK starts at Ruapuna this weekend

Live Timing
    Live Video
    This article was originally published in forum thread: nzsbk starts tommorow started by jellywrestler View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      jellywrestler -
      ruapuna this weekend http://www.ctaslive.co.nz/
      levels next weekend http://www.ctaslive.co.nz/
      AllanB -
      Well the track will be well washed in Christchurch today ........ pack ya wets.
      EJK -
      Going to be very interesting. Will be hanging around the pits with a camera.
      WALRUS -
      Does it get streamed or broadcast anywhere?
      onearmedbandit -
      Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
      Does it get streamed or broadcast anywhere?
      Check the links in the first post, they've done live video streaming in the past.
      WALRUS -
      Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
      Check the links in the first post, they've done live video streaming in the past.
      Cool beans, I'll keep an eye on it!
      Racing Dave -
      Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
      And indeed they are doing live coverage this weekend - I'm watching it now...
      nzspokes -
      Many protests yet?
      Grumph -
      Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
      Many protests yet?
      Well, in a walk around on Friday, I think the only legal size numbers I saw were on sidecars....
      EJK -
      Weather got better for the race in the afternoon, although it was still a bit windy. Great race to watch.

More photos here:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/RidersOf...00202330153598
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
      Many protests yet?
      Some technical infringements in one new class which were apparently sorted before they went out on track

Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
      Well, in a walk around on Friday, I think the only legal size numbers I saw were on sidecars....
      That's because we're a class that always sticks to the rules
      jellywrestler -
      great racing in all classes, they'll be banging fairings this weekend at levels timaru
      ellipsis -
      Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
      great racing in all classes,
      ...except the sidecars, which were even better than the rest...
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
      ...except the sidecars, which were even better than the rest...
      You're welcome
      jellywrestler -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
      You're welcome
      you even led a race last year kick at ruapuna
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
      you even led a race last year kick at ruapuna
      I didn't quite make 1 lap in the lead, Pirate got me with a few metres to go so Drew is currently one up on that score
      ellipsis -
      ...wow...what a start to the Nationals...fucking fantastic racing...well done to all who made the spectacle...The Jake and James Show and the Sidecars were the cream though...woohoo...I hope it ends as it started...Drew and Alan, what a consistent show you put on...fantastic...
      merv -
      Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
      Drew and Alan, what a consistent show you put on...fantastic...
      Indeed, but they got off on the grass at that last start but the CTAS coverage wasn't close enough to show us exactly what happened, and they had a good comeback from that - well done boys .
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
      Indeed, but you got off on the grass at that last start but the CTAS coverage wasn't close enough to show us exactly what happened, and you had a good comeback from that - well done boys .
      Scrivy gave him one from behind
      merv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
      Scrivy gave him one from behind
      His favourite action? What about you Kick were you happy with the weekend?

I watched a bit of the CTAS coverage and that was pretty good compared to previous efforts including the post race interviews.