• ACC Levies. BRONZ meeting

Next BRONZ (Auckland) meeting is 21st Oct.

7:30 pm . Rockridge Road, Penrose. Place is called the Danish House. Parking out front.

Major agenda item will , of course, be ACC levies, and possible responses to them. It'd be nice to see a few more than the half dozen stalwarts there. But I'm not holding my breath.

If there is a good attendance, the Chairman will be enforcing rather more of a formal meeting process than usual, just to stop things getting out of hands.

A few ground rules for said meeting may as well be played through now:

1. We all know it's evil and unfair. No point preaching to the choir. So, no speeches along those lines. (Just because of time constraints)
    2. We all know that bike accidents are caused by cagers. Or not. So unless you have evidence none of us know about, again, no preaching to the choir.
    3. Personally, I'm receptive to direct action. But some degree of realism is required. So no explosives etc
    4. What IS required is reasons WHY we shouldn't pay what ACC *claim* we cost. Factual. Specific. So if you know something, or you are good at crunching statistics, that might be useful.
    5. If it does come to something formal, only financial paid up BRONZ members get to vote (though I wouldn't expect such formality).
    6. We aren't going to convince the Government to abolish ACC, or totally change the way it operates. Politics is the art of the possible. So the chairman will cut short any discussions along such lines. Which includes philosophical debate on whether ACC should be privatised or not.

The chairman (I'm told) is a grumpy old cunt. Try not to rile him too much.

BRONZ (Wellington) does not exist . So if anyone can volunteer to coordinate matters in the capital, that might be good.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ACC Levies. BRONZ meeting started by Ixion View original post