• Most Active Threads

onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: Grumph Today, 11:33 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Michelin tyre shortage

Thread Starter: SaferRides

If you've tried to buy Michelin Road 5 or 6 tyres recently, you probably know that there is a shortage and some sizes are unavailable. I have heard that it could be months before another shipment arrives, so if you might need a new Michelin soon, it could be worth buying one now. Sent from my...

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 09:40 Go to last post
    roogazza

GSX 1400 Chainguard

Thread Starter: roogazza

Just had the rear mount break on my chain guard. It appears on a couple of Forums this is a common fault ? Easy fix (no welding !!!), is what I'm copying at the mo. Pics for your info : The Guard is alloy, but I've got some Stainless together with stainless bolts/nuts etc....

Last Post By: BMWST? Yesterday, 23:07 Go to last post
  • Nelson Port Racing - 2nd Jan

NRRA calls all riders

Come & join in a great family fun day of Street Racing!!!

Sat 2nd Jan 2010

Around the port area in Nelson.

$100 entry fee (covers as many classes as you want to race in)

Classes being run

F1, F2, F3, Classics, Post Classics, Super Motards (S1), Super Motards (S2-S3), B.E.A.R.S, Buckets

Contact details:

NRRA
    P O Box 972
    Nelson
    email: am.watson@xtra.co.nz

Bank account for entry deposits:
    Nelson Road Racing Association
    03 0703 0379600 00

Permit number: 11731

Stay tuned for more info

UPDATE:

Entries are still being accepted & no late entry fee! (however, the programme is now closed, so no more names can be added to it)

REMINDER: NO scruitineering on the day, unless by special arrangement, & this is for out of towners only!! ($50 late fee)

Accommodation available at:

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=42970

http://www.tahunabeachholidaypark.co.nz/

NEWSFLASH!!!!

NRRA are very excited to announce that our very own local (ish) .....

JOSH COPPINS

will be racing in the Super-Motards S1 & S2/3 classes!!!!!!

Josh will be riding a Suzuki RMZ 450. Bike #6

Tis gunna be one hell of a day!!!!!!!!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Nelson Port Racing - 2nd Jan started by MyGSXF View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      TonyB -
      Wahoooo, what a day!! Without a doubt this was the best street race I have ever attended. Despite heavy rain just before practice and light rain during practice, despite the odd crash, and despite classics dropping long oil slicks around 3 or 4 turns TWICE, we still got a full 3 rounds in, a 10 lap King of Port, and finished on time. Awesome stuff!

I got in 2 practices and nine races, and while my results were poor, I had a fantastic time. A would just like to give a big thanks to the comittee, volunteers, flaggies, fire, ambo's, and everyone else that made today possible. Best Port Races ever!
      Genie -
      That was one awesome afternoon...big thanks to the organisers, stewards and of the course the contestants.
      Thank you.
      Bren_chch -
      great videos!
      puddytat -
      I too had an awesome day & was stoked to have a ball & not crash...it was Choice!!
      Spent the evening before camped up in the pits with 2 characters from Wellington, barby going ,beautiful evening with a fat moon rising over the yachts in the harbour..was way cool.
      The morning looked completely different, with the rain & all ,but which washed the crap off the streets all nicely away.
      Great track I thought & had some good dicing here & there. I learnt one important thing which was to make sure that the bike is in gear when the flag is dropped....

Big thanks to the "CREW" who got it all together,then took it all down at the end of the day. It was really well run you folk & it was the best day of 2010 for me !!
      Bren_chch -
      who was fighting in the pits? lol
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
      The morning looked completely different, with the rain & all ,but which washed the crap off the streets all nicely away.
      Yeah I think most of said crap ended up on the bike I had spent hours cleaning....
      Her_C4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
      Yeah I think most of said crap ended up on the bike I had spent hours cleaning....
      Hmmm didn't look too bad to me!!
      ukusa -
      A great day of racing, loved it (& a good piss-up afterwards).
      steve74 -
      Awesome days racing, It was my first time at nelson as a spectator, I would have rather been racing for sure, Its pretty hard watching from the sideline. Seemed to be well run from a spectator point of view. Hats off to the organization committee and crews, nothing like rain on race day morning to get the butterflies going i bet. I was Very impressed with Coppins, I thought he'd be like a duck out of water but he didn't disappoint!
      TonyB -
      Just found this on youtube
      lostinflyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve74 View Post
      Awesome days racing, It was my first time at nelson as a spectator, I would have rather been racing for sure, Its pretty hard watching from the sideline. Seemed to be well run from a spectator point of view. Hats off to the organization committee and crews, nothing like rain on race day morning to get the butterflies going i bet. I was Very impressed with Coppins, I thought he'd be like a duck out of water but he didn't disappoint!
      haha steve, hogging your birdman impressions all for greymouth are ya????
      Genie -
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
      It was a super day's racing...thanks to that man!!!!
      steve74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by lostinflyz View Post
      haha steve, hogging your birdman impressions all for greymouth are ya????
      Na, i thought id let someone else bask in youtube glory this time. I prefer to crash closer to home anyway.
      TonyB -
      Sportzfotoz have got some great shots up on their web site. including Coppins backing it in, pretty impressive stuff
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 14)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 6)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)