• Next BIG Protest with StoneY and the Unions

    Ok everyone
    I have had a few people mention there is no defined thread for the NEXT PROTEST

    I have sevreal Unions on board for a big march on Parliament, and the wheels are starting to roll
    Dates set for 16th February, at this point its a logical date as the Corrections Union are having a march the week before, and some other group have one the week after so we get a finite window of oppotunity to pull this off.

    I have requested permission from the Speaker to enter the grounds en-masse on 16th February.

    This is about more than just Bikers but we want to have a strong presence there.

    I need about 3-400 bikers to attend on the day and make a visible presence at the front of the house, but this time speakers will all be Unionists and Academics and other disafeccted groups (is that the right term?)

    Its gonna take some work to pull it off again, and I am hoping we get the same support we got last time for the BIKEOI, but wont hold my breath.

    Anyone keen to help, PM me
    And I aint talking about handing out fliers, I mean WORK and responsibility for some of the organisation...(nearly killed myself the last time with exhaustion.)

    This iwll be along the same lines as the BIKEOI, peacefull but a strong message
    Want loads of signs, banners, and a good chant, one I think we have heard before, LOL

    StoneY
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Next BIG Protest with StoneY and the Unions started by StoneY View original post
    Comments 382 Comments
    1. MSTRS's Avatar
      MSTRS:Me -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      I hope this is printed in the DomPost. I just sent it off.
      HBToday printed it today...
      Got a reply from them...they say - I am keen to use your letter, but it needs to be 200 words or fewer. Are you able to shorten it?
      So I managed to drop off about 70 words...with this comment - I have managed to trim off 70-odd words without losing context. Can you make an exception? It is a very important subject.
      I hope they go for it.
      Dear sir

      Last year motorcyclists protested levy rises and warned the country "Who's Next?" about other proposals. Since then, some rises have been announced, with barely a whimper heard in response. Will there be a whimper when the rest comes to pass? Already we are seeing cases of people in their 50s, injured at work, being turned down for cover because their 'condition is age-related' according to ACC.

      Still to come...

      Increased up-front charge at doctors.

      Cuts to entitlements. 80% wage compensation will drop to 70%. For 12 months. After that, it will drop to 60%. And after 2 years, it will cease altogether. Unless YOU pay a specialist to re-assess eligibility for continued cover.

      You will have to use sick leave and holiday leave you have accrued, before ACC compensation kicks in.

      But because you are still Ďcoveredí, you have no right to sue to recover the shortfall if someone else caused your injuries.

      The continued interference by successive governments is destroying this unique-in-the-world scheme. The current round of meddling is simply speeding up itís demise. Soon we will be told that weíll be better off if ACC gets privatised. Right! Electricity, anyone?

      So Ė who is happy to pay more and get less for it? In the words of Rhys Darby, "No-one, huh? Typical."

      But itís not too late. Yet. ACC needs to return to itís original (Woodhouse) principles. That is what all Nzers should be calling for. Some will be at Parliament lunchtime on Tuesday 16th doing just that. You can be there, too.
    1. Azi Dahaka's Avatar
      Azi Dahaka -
      i am now quite annoied that i wont be able to attend this as i have to go for a funeral though if i see any bikers on my way up to toupo from wellington ill be sure to save my support of this.
    1. P38's Avatar
      P38 -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      Got a reply from them...they say - I am keen to use your letter, but it needs to be 200 words or fewer. Are you able to shorten it?
      So I managed to drop off about 70 words...with this comment - I have managed to trim off 70-odd words without losing context. Can you make an exception? It is a very important subject.
      I hope they go for it.
      Read your letter in the HBT .... Good on Ya for putting pen to paper.... I know lots I work with read it too as they asked me was this in connection to the pettition I had circulated.
    1. _Shrek_'s Avatar
      _Shrek_ -
      I was going to atend this, but as it's not just for bikers I will wait until it is, & I hope it's before the price rise & not in November,
      my piont is, I can't realy be bothered pushing some one else's barrow when we have a major problem right now & to make sure they hear us we need to show up in our thousand's, filling Wellington bringing it to a stand still,
      sure it's going to piss people off, but what about other groups that march on Parliament, or truckers etc... they all knew it would piss people off but it didn't stop them, why should it stop us?
    1. Fatt Max's Avatar
      Fatt Max -
      I'm going cos as well as being a biker, I am fecking pissed about what is happening.

      I'm sick of the lies that are being spun, I'm sick of the attutide that those in charge have towards normal hard working kiwi's, and I'm sick of the backstabbing that appears to be the norm.

      Yes, it started with the bikers and didnt we make a noise. HUGE respect to everyone, and I mean everyone who organised, marshalled, supervised and attended the BIKEOI last year. I had the pleasure and privaledge of attending the Auckland events and felt such a sway of emotion and solidarity through those that attended.

      The 16th brings in a new perspective, it brings on other groups that the changes to ACC will have a detrimetal effect on. But bottom line is that its Kiwis standing up for something that is inherantly Kiwii. Doesnt matter if you ride a bike, a unicycle or your neighbours missus, this is all about something unique to us.

      am a pommie, emigrated here 12 years ago. The ONLY thing I do not like about NZ is the amount of pommies over here who moan about the place. Feck off back then and leave us alone. I have learnt so much about the ACC scheme over the last few years and this education has not come from books, seminars or presentations. It has come from the people of this great country, and all I have seen and heard is true blue angst over what is happening to ACC.

      So, I wiill be there. I would like to ride down but I cannot do that so I am flying down. I will have my guitar with me and I will tell them to Jam It Up Ther A.R.S.E, and I will be proud and humbled to do so because I will be with people who care about something that is uniquly ours.

      That, for what it is worth, is my angle

      See you on the 16th, I will be the fat bastard with the guitar

      FM
      I
    1. StoneY's Avatar
      StoneY -
      Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
      I was going to atend this, but as it's not just for bikers I will wait until it is, & I hope it's before the price rise & not in November,
      my piont is, I can't realy be bothered pushing some one else's barrow when we have a major problem right now & to make sure they hear us we need to show up in our thousand's, filling Wellington bringing it to a stand still,
      sure it's going to piss people off, but what about other groups that march on Parliament, or truckers etc... they all knew it would piss people off but it didn't stop them, why should it stop us?
      And here lies the root of the problem "I wont do anything unless its about ME ME ME"
      Thats what them cunts in the government are doing, suiting themselves and we need to show up on Tuesday to show them its not only unpopular but will get them voted out

      This one is about: BIKERS, FIREMEN, POLICEMEN, WELDERS, ARCHITECHTS, SCHOOL KIDS, ELDERLY, HOSPITAL STAFF, IT GEEK's....EVRYFUCKINGBODY.......get it yet?

      Your apathy is pathetic and belittles the work people like Fat MAx, Cheery B, Ms Piggy, Riffer, Foxzee, Bald Eagle and a hanfdfull of others have done to make this one happen. I just make the noise and call the people to come along, the efforts of MANY bikers from members of Ulysses and WIMA down to us here at Kiwibiker, and a dozen unions is wasted on selfish shit like this

      "I WAS gonna come but its not about ME anymore....' DAMN FUCKIN RIGHT it aint about YOU
      Its about EVRYONE and this is the LAST chance to show we have a voice to holler with

      Pathetic

      Edit: Kikaha you can red bling me all you like I dont care what you think.
      I dont expect anyone to kiss my ass I just expect them to stand up for the rights of every Kiwi and show this government they cant mess with ACC

      Score to date: 2 red blings from Kikaha, 15 greens from the rest of the members here, case dismissed
    1. Pedrostt500's Avatar
      Pedrostt500 -
      Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
      I was going to atend this, but as it's not just for bikers I will wait until it is, & I hope it's before the price rise & not in November,
      my piont is, I can't realy be bothered pushing some one else's barrow when we have a major problem right now & to make sure they hear us we need to show up in our thousand's, filling Wellington bringing it to a stand still,
      sure it's going to piss people off, but what about other groups that march on Parliament, or truckers etc... they all knew it would piss people off but it didn't stop them, why should it stop us?
      Ah the Root Attitude of good old Kiwi Apathy, "Nah Fuck All To Do With Me Bro", Go back to sleep New Zealand, Bury your head back in the nice warm sand, and let the Politicians just root you up the arse, at their free will, Yes Sheeple of New Zealand, Barstard Corp Insurance is standing in the wings to shear you of as much of your hard earned, as they can exstract, there is nothing to worry about, it is not about You Personaly, it is happening to your Neighbour, go back to your TV set and Corperate Rugby and Multinational beer.
    1. MSTRS's Avatar
      MSTRS:Me -
      Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
      I was going to atend this, but as it's not just for bikers I will wait until it is, & I hope it's before the price rise & not in November,
      my piont is, I can't realy be bothered pushing some one else's barrow when we have a major problem right now & to make sure they hear us we need to show up in our thousand's, filling Wellington bringing it to a stand still,
      sure it's going to piss people off, but what about other groups that march on Parliament, or truckers etc... they all knew it would piss people off but it didn't stop them, why should it stop us?
      Hmmmm. So - you are only a biker. Nothing else. Only the bike levy rise, and none of the rest of what is planned for ACC, affects you.
      4.5 million NZers would like to be you, I'm sure.
    1. _Shrek_'s Avatar
      _Shrek_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
      Now remember this ones not all about us bikers, we are all welcome but its not expected that the thousands of bikes from last time will be there. A good few hundred- a thousand maybe, but yeah lower N.I. can sure represnt.

      We wont have convoy parks and escorts and the stadium will be a foot gathering spot if were llowed. so the bikes will come to Molesworth st if I can get the council onside again
      And of course thousands of non bikers will be there, trudhing past our machines....we will be more symbolic than the main event this time if you get the drift.

      Be good to have a few slow cruisers that wont overheat lead the footmarch, but do such bikes exist? @ kms of crawl speed in front of a foot march?......
      Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
      Ok everyone
      I have had a few people mention there is no defined thread for the NEXT PROTEST

      I have sevreal Unions on board for a big march on Parliament, and the wheels are starting to roll
      Dates set for 16th February, at this point its a logical date as the Corrections Union are having a march the week before, and some other group have one the week after so we get a finite window of oppotunity to pull this off.

      I have requested permission from the Speaker to enter the grounds en-masse on 16th February.

      This is about more than just Bikers but we want to have a strong presence there.

      I need about 3-400 bikers to attend on the day and make a visible presence at the front of the house, but this time speakers will all be Unionists and Academics and other disafeccted groups (is that the right term?)

      Its gonna take some work to pull it off again, and I am hoping we get the same support we got last time for the BIKEOI, but wont hold my breath.

      Anyone keen to help, PM me
      And I aint talking about handing out fliers, I mean WORK and responsibility for some of the organisation...(nearly killed myself the last time with exhaustion.)

      This iwll be along the same lines as the BIKEOI, peacefull but a strong message
      Want loads of signs, banners, and a good chant, one I think we have heard before, LOL

      StoneY
      Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
      And here lies the root of the problem "I wont do anything unless its about ME ME ME"
      Thats what them cunts in the government are doing, suiting themselves and we need to show up on Tuesday to show them its not only unpopular but will get them voted out

      This one is about: BIKERS, FIREMEN, POLICEMEN, WELDERS, ARCHITECHTS, SCHOOL KIDS, ELDERLY, HOSPITAL STAFF, IT GEEK's....EVRYFUCKINGBODY.......get it yet?

      Your apathy is pathetic and belittles the work people like Fat MAx, Cheery B, Ms Piggy, Riffer, Foxzee, Bald Eagle and a hanfdfull of others have done to make this one happen. I just make the noise and call the people to come along, the efforts of MANY bikers from members of Ulysses and WIMA down to us here at Kiwibiker, and a dozen unions is wasted on selfish shit like this

      "I WAS gonna come but its not about ME anymore....' DAMN FUCKIN RIGHT it aint about YOU
      Its about EVRYONE and this is the LAST chance to show we have a voice to holler with

      Pathetic

      Edit: Kikaha you can red bling me all you like I dont care what you think.
      I dont expect anyone to kiss my ass I just expect them to stand up for the rights of every Kiwi and show this government they cant mess with ACC

      Score to date: 2 red blings from Kikaha, 15 greens from the rest of the members here, case dismissed
      take a look at the bold on your 2 posts, I have to take time off work (no pay, one income, mine)travel from central to wellington at my own expence FOR WHAT to back unions who don't realy give a shit about bikers unless they ride them selfs but they want our suport, because they know that we can get the numbers for their own ends so why don't you say to them suport us & our speakers & we'll put in a word for you,
      & if the best you can do is sling off at me for posting my reason for not going... Knock yourself out
    1. _Shrek_'s Avatar
      _Shrek_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      Hmmmm. So - you are only a biker. Nothing else. Only the bike levy rise, and none of the rest of what is planned for ACC, affects you.
      4.5 million NZers would like to be you, I'm sure.
      Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
      Ah the Root Attitude of good old Kiwi Apathy, "Nah Fuck All To Do With Me Bro", Go back to sleep New Zealand, Bury your head back in the nice warm sand, and let the Politicians just root you up the arse, at their free will, Yes Sheeple of New Zealand, Barstard Corp Insurance is standing in the wings to shear you of as much of your hard earned, as they can exstract, there is nothing to worry about, it is not about You Personaly, it is happening to your Neighbour, go back to your TV set and Corperate Rugby and Multinational beer.
      no I see what ACC is doing & I do give a shit just not when we are being used at my family's expence, I hound the useless mp's & anyone else that i can, but they don't care except for their govt cheque weather they be blue, red, green etc..

      ps head above sand & no tv for the last 25 years
    1. StoneY's Avatar
      StoneY -
      In Shrek's defence its been pointed out to me he lives in Otago and it would be a small fortune to attend

      So maybe it would have been wiser not to have said 'I was GONNA come to this but....'

      Thats what got most of those involved pissed off, is the 'was going to come' statement
      Never mind moving on
    1. Pedrostt500's Avatar
      Pedrostt500 -
      Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
      no I see what ACC is doing & I do give a shit just not when we are being used at my family's expence, I hound the useless mp's & anyone else that i can, but they don't care except for their govt cheque weather they be blue, red, green etc..

      ps head above sand & no tv for the last 25 years
      Yes I was taking a poke at the, "I was Going to", part of your post, There are many who will also be hiding behind that type of sentiment, both living and working with in a half hour ride of Bull Shit Castel, and will cry crocidile tears after June 1st, "Why Didn't Some One Do Some Thing".
    1. MSTRS's Avatar
      MSTRS:Me -
      Yea...came across as 'I won't protest, because the unions are' - when it's not about 'supporting the unions' at all.
      Of course, geographical location and the logistics of attending are also biggies...
    1. CherryB's Avatar
      CherryB -
      The enemy of my enemy is my friend.... This is about us proving to the Government that no matter what they expect (us to have shut up and gone back to apathy) we are going to keep fighting this one until we return to a system of one levy for all. And we are not alone. The rest of NZ is waking up to the fact they are trying to break ACC to set it up as a different (insurance-based) system.

      Although (speaking for myself and I expect most of us) we are happy for ACC to continue to replace our right to sue - if it returns to being a fair and equally balanced system - it is bizarre that Government now want to move from a no fault system to one where the fault falls onto the victim.

      ACC’s logic is that you are not at fault if careless or dangerous if your vehicle is big enough but you are "at fault" if vulnerable...?

      Kiddies better watch out they might have to pay a helluva lot for riding their tricycles!
    1. blackdog's Avatar
      blackdog -
      can anyone in the hutt valley help with this?

      http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ith-me-pillion

      cheers
    1. riffer's Avatar
      riffer -
      I would suggest to Shrek and others who can't afford (either through money or time) to be here to back us up with letters to the editor, calls to talkback radio, visits to your MPs, etc.

      If you can't be in Welly I totally understand. I wouldn't be able to get to South Island or Auckland either in my current financial position. But please, can we have some support in other ways. Even if its to bitch about how it affects YOU as a biker.

      it all helps...
    1. _Shrek_'s Avatar
      _Shrek_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
      I would suggest to Shrek and others who can't afford (either through money or time) to be here to back us up with letters to the editor, calls to talkback radio, visits to your MPs, etc.

      If you can't be in Welly I totally understand. I wouldn't be able to get to South Island or Auckland either in my current financial position. But please, can we have some support in other ways. Even if its to bitch about how it affects YOU as a biker.

      it all helps...
      have done riffer called & sent stuff to our local Nat Mp, just to get the govet knows what they're doing & still singing the same old song but you're most likely bla bla bla but i have not given up, have to find another way coz they no longer take my calls

      ps I still believe that we as bikers should hit welly again but not as a minority group
    1. riffer's Avatar
      riffer -
      Good man, that's really positive stuff. Well done!
    1. oldrider's Avatar
      oldrider -
      In the matter of "difference" between ACC (Woodhouse) State monopoly and private multi choice "insurance", the latter has always been my personal preference but I have had a good think about it and...........

      Prior to ACC, life for accident victims generally was not good, even though we had the right to sue the party responsible for the accident, that hardly ever occurred to the benefit of the accident victims and their families!

      Free-market insurance was available then and if it was such a good idea then, as it is supposed to be now, why wasn't it working for the benefit of the majority back then?

      National would have us believe that it would be to our benefit if they are allowed to continue down their free-market path of dismantling the current abused and dysfunctional model of ACC and replacing it with free choice competitive accident insurance providers!

      They were not there for our benefit before ACC and they will not be there for our benefit after ACC has been dismantled and discarded either!

      ACC has served New Zealand well, it is politically bent, not broken, as our self serving political leaders would have us believe!

      Since the inception of (Woodhouse) ACC, political groups of every ilk, flag and creed, have tinkered with it to suit their own political ends and as long as we have MMP and it's resulting lucky dip self appointed governments, it will always be the same, unless "we" the people tell them to stop and "return ACC to it's basic (Woodhouse) principals and philosophy" and leave it bloody well alone!

      This is what I believe the heart of the current action is all about, returning ACC to it's original roots in keeping with the principals and philosophy of the Woodhouse model!

      In an ideal world I do not totally disagree with the principals of freedom of choice of private insurance provider, rather than a State controlled monopoly welfare system with it's political tinkering, abuse and high cost but this is not an ideal world situation!

      We (the taxpayers) must tell the politicians once and for all that ACC must return to it's foundation principals and philosophy and that they must leave it alone and cease using it as a political football in the future!

      This National lead coalition (self appointed lucky dip) government have unscrupulously lied, cheated and misrepresented the so called figures and facts to suit their own agenda so blatantly, it can only cause one to conclude that they are playing their pipes to the tune of their financial backers, who must therefore have a financial interest in the outcome of their action!

      MMP (media manipulated procrastination) provides an eventual government coalition dictatorship but who actually do they serve, the people of the nation or the financial providers that pave the way for their ascent to the treasury benches, you be the judge!

      This action is an opportunity to spell out to the current and any other would be pretenders to government, that we the people have had enough and that ACC is just the tip of the iceberg of our discontent!

      March together with confidence, commitment, sincerity and with one very loud voice!

      Good luck, I would like to be there, somebody just might start listening!
    1. yungatart's Avatar
      yungatart -
      I've just been on the phone with my mother-in-law, who lives in Lower Hutt. i took the opportunity to update her on Tuesday's protest, and told her to tell all her friends. Hopefully I have helped to swell the numbers....