• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: diesel pig Today, 11:51 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: pritch Today, 13:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Today, 15:20 Go to last post
  • 2010 BEARS Sound of Thunder

Yep its just about that time of year again! My favourite event of the year bar none. Heaven for BEARS racers

Attachment 195316

Where: POWERBUILT Raceway at Ruapuna Park, 107 Hasketts Rd, Christchurch

When:
    -Friday 26th February- free practice.
    -Saturday 27th February- practice/racing.
    -Sunday 28th February- racing

Entry forms and further details available from the BEARS website

I have a feeling certain 'dark horse' 675 rider might just take home the silverware this year in F1....
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2010 BEARS Sound of Thunder started by TonyB View original post
    Comments 47 Comments
      flame -
      Quote Originally Posted by helenoftroy View Post
      Really looking fotward to this too!!
      Same.....had an absoulute blast there last year . Hope to make this one!
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
      Yeah could do, Go Daniel
      from what I hear Dans got some serious competition
      helenoftroy -
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
      from what I hear Dans got some serious competition
      Yeah!heard that too.....

Bring it on guys!!
      JayRacer37 -
      Well, who is it then?
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
      Well, who is it then?
      Someone stepping down from the Premier class (Buckets) for the weekend
      JayRacer37 -
      Someone stepping down from the Premier class (Buckets) for the weekend
      Yeah baby. He has been cranking on that thing!
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
      Yeah baby. He has been cranking on that thing!
      Must be the new paint job I reckon
      JayRacer37 -
      Must be the new paint job I reckon
      Could be the pie eating training plan I have him on
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
      Same.....had an absoulute blast there last year . Hope to make this one!
      Hope to make?? Come on, ya can't win B-Bracket one year and not show up the next
      Rob Taylor -
      Naturally my money is on Paul Dobbs on our 999 & Vicki Striefler on our 749r
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
      Naturally my money is on Paul Dobbs on our 999 & Sam Smith on our 749r
      Mines on a couple of locals on 675 Triumphs
      helenoftroy -
      Mines on a couple of locals on 675 Triumphs
      Too right!!
      flame -
      Hope to make?? Come on, ya can't win B-Bracket one year and not show up the next
      Yep..... Im coming back
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
      Yep..... Im coming back
      Good stuff. Wotcha riding?
      cynna -
      caught one of the riders coming off at last years meet on video. was going to send him the footage but lost his contact details so if anyone know who #944 is telll him here it is

Rob Taylor -
      Paul Dobbs & Vicki Striefler will be piloting our Ducati's at the SOT this year.See you guys done there on Friday...Yeehaa
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
      caught one of the riders coming off at last years meet on video. was going to send him the footage but lost his contact details so if anyone know who #944 is telll him here it is
      HA! I was watching that last night. Poor bugger.

You didn't get any footage of #159 going off at Pothole did you?
      cynna -
      HA! I was watching that last night. Poor bugger.

You didn't get any footage of #159 going off at Pothole did you?
      not that i recall will have a quick look thru. what day and what type of bike (..... and where abouts is pothole)

got footage of 2 bikes on the ground one is #31 that happened just after i filmed the other one a bit further round the track. also 198 and 2 going off the track before the main straight (think that was on the sunday). and some real shakey footage of 38(or maybe 36) picking up his bike - that could be pothole as it has a large pothole people sign
      TonyB -
      Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
      not that i recall will have a quick look thru. what day and what type of bike (..... and where abouts is pothole)

got footage of 2 bikes on the ground one is #31 that happened just after i filmed the other one a bit further round the track. also 198 and 2 going off the track before the main straight (think that was on the sunday). and some real shakey footage of 38(or maybe 36) picking up his bike - that could be pothole as it has a large pothole people sign
      It was one of the first races on the Saturday. Bike is a Ducati Monster red tank/ black seat and number boards. I was wearing black leather. Pothole is the one before the hairpin- you are correct it has the big Pothole People sign behind it.
      cynna -
      It was one of the first races on the Saturday. Bike is a Ducati Monster red tank/ black seat and number boards. I was wearing black leather. Pothole is the one before the hairpin- you are correct it has the big Pothole People sign behind it.
      hope you managed to race again later that day and on the sunday. looks like i might have you after you have came off not sure if it is you not the best camera work ...... a bike went down just before #38 (or 36). will upload it soon