• Auckland City Compass protest ride

NO WAY NICK

NOTE Times have changed slightly

Auckland City Compass

Protest Ride

Saturday May 1st

Start 10:30am

Yes folks, the time has come to kickstart our protest campaign off once again.
    We did warn Minister Myth we would not go away.

This is the first of a series of protest rides that are being organised by the Auckland Action Group - make sure you tell 10 friends etc.

The ride comes from all points of the compass and enters the City from the North/South/East/West

***Please bring a Gold Coin Donation
    We are raising funds for Rape Crisis on this ride***

Assembly Points: Please be there by 10:00am for a 10:30am Departure

: North : Maha/MadDuck/Mom....Leaving From Oteha Valley Rd Mobil

: South : Caseye.......Leaving From BP Papakura (Autobahn)

: East : Fatt Max/Phantasm...Leaving From BP Ti Rakau Drive

: West : Bodir.....Leaving From Shell Westgate

: Be at your chosen leaving point by 9am

: Co-ordinated departure times to arrive at Auckland Domain at 10am, for noise making and speeches

: Depart the Domain enmass at 12am and ride up Queen St creating maximum noise

: Lunch at Mission Bay. One bike per park as before

Calander events will be loaded, please indicate your attendance below.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...y=2010-5-1&c=0
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland City Compass protest ride started by Maha View original post
    Comments 305 Comments
      Bodir -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      You can always hug a Tractor instead
      Be careful, he might hug yours. And who is cleaning up the mess afterwords?

See ya all tomorrow
      Mom -
      Morning all. Imagine how impressed I was at 4am this morning to wake to the sound of rain absolutely pelting down Went on for a bit too. Very relieved to get up to clear skies just now.

Road safety warning from Mom for the day. Take it easy if the roads are wet for your trip this morning, it has been so long since we have had rain they will be as greasy as a greasy thing.

See you soon
      caseye -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      Morning all. Imagine how impressed I was at 4am this morning to wake to the sound of rain absolutely pelting down Went on for a bit too. Very relieved to get up to clear skies just now.

Road safety warning from Mom for the day. Take it easy if the roads are wet for your trip this morning, it has been so long since we have had rain they will be as greasy as a greasy thing.

See you soon
      " As greasy as a greasy thing" ????? Mom ewe OK? te he I know what you mean though and the Southern riders will have the longet haul so we'll all take extra care so we get to see Mom and the gangPISSING DOWN HERE Right now skys have gone black as, from sunny and clear a few minutes ago.
      About to head out soon.
      terbang -
      Oh groan its pissing down... But not too much so I guess I'll just have to have a bit of a rummage and dust off my old Cagiva from of the depths of my garage.... I'll be at Autobahn 10.00...
      Bodir -
      Had the same thing here, but when you look at the weather radar, its just a couple of showers with lots of sunshine in between. Easing up as well. So, pack your rain gear just in case and meet us out there.
      chasio -
      Weather beautiful here on the shore, although we had rain at 4am as well. Thanks for the warning southsiders: I won't take continued good weather for granted!

I'm off to be an honorary westie in about half an hour... see you all later.

Chasio
      Little Miss Trouble -
      Well I've just woken (posting from bed while te coffee gets made!) to lovely blue skies here, shall see you all soon
      Cayman911 -
      Quite interesting how the sky is crystal clear here and its raining. where is this rain comming from you might ask? well i've no idea....
      NONONO -
      It's looking grey and grim out East..Max must be rain dancing at the meet point.
      Wet or dry..on a high.
      meteor -
      Cleaned the bike in the sun, came in to get a towel, went out and it was raining, WTF, Oh well if I get wet it's for a good cause.... if only I could convince the wife that!
      Antonio -
      Man, i so wanna go with you guys, im deeply hurt and pissed.

Enjoy
      Little Miss Trouble -
      Meteor, I'm blaming the rain on you, you should know not to clean your bike before an event like this!
      meteor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Trouble View Post
      Meteor, I'm blaming the rain on you, you should know not to clean your bike before an event like this!
      Ha ha ha, now what if I said I'm pulling out? but with your 'bike' that would be such a shame!
      Cayman911 -
      Now that's what id call successful . absolutely awesome!!!! Hope you liked it Nick! and that wasnt even all of us

cant wait to see those awesome pics too
      terbang -
      Excellent..!
      Fatt Max -
      Here here,

Brilliant turn out, amazing noise up Queen Street, all in all a brilliant success.

The public loved it, did you see the clapping and waving we got. Not a single negative action

Fantastic.....!!!
      Bodir -
      Oh, damn, I missed the ride. Must have happened behind me. That'll teach me for riding too early I did have a suspicion though as if I was followed by a bunch of 106 bikers.

Great turnout for the weather. Tell your mates, the next one will be even more fun
      caseye -
      Over 100 bikes riders and pillions attended.
      $270 cash dollars donated by those riders and pillions attending, to the Rape Crisis Girls and boys, pity they didn't show up today, would have loved to see their faces when presented with that amount of money by a bunch of hairyarsed bikers.
      4 points of The Compass, what a damnd good idea Maha.Worked a treat, each and every point got over 20 motorcycle riders and pillions.
      Each point arrived at the domain intact with no incidents or acidents.
      A suggestion for our next ride. 80 KPH in the Middle Lane wherever possible I feel would work best, slow lane too much interference by dim witted cage drivers who are so slow they can't even get out of their own way.
      Another suggestion for the next Compass ride.
      Please can we Go Down Q Street from the Domain, all bikes on idle all the way then and no clutch riding or engines overheating holding on hills.
      Apart form those two things I'm very happy with our turn out and the enthusiasm shown by all those diehard souls who braved wind rain, slet and snow to ride with us today.
      Awesome job Mom. as always.
      Bodir well executed mate.
      Looking forward to each and every rider who attended today to reup for the next one and bring another rider with them.
      More advertsiing this time would I think do us wonders in the attendance stakes.
      Brilliant Show troops, hold those heads up high.
      MSTRS and YT the Shirts and Vests STOOD OUT LIKE PROVERBIAL Dogs bollocks fanbloodytastic effort you two.
      Nasty would have to be our diehardest fan travelling all the way from windy Ol Welly to be with us today, on ya mate.
      Fatt Max, You crooner you, great tunes buddy and so fine to see you back on a bike.
      To the many new faces we saw today,welcome, with your help we can still give this Govt a shake up and let em know we are not going away.
      Amazing effort today I'm proud to have helped out.
      yungatart -
      Awesome report Caseye!
      Well done all of you, and especially to those who organised it...bloody fantastic!!!
      Maybe it will motivate those further South to keep the pressure on and let this govt we are still here and still pissed off and we are not going away!
      Maha -
      Cheers caseye, today was very successful due to all the people you mentioned and to everyone that turned up.
      We had a fantastic day out, parking at Missson Bay was not a problem. That road down to the beach had plenty of room.
      The Auckland Action Group will be onto thier next project very soon.
      Big thanks to those in the AAG that made this happen, from the very first idea through to lunch today.
      Special thanks to Bodir for leading the way and to Chasio for the rear command, job well done lads.
      Note to self: Must not use wood as a flag pole!......