• Auckland City Compass protest ride

NO WAY NICK

NOTE Times have changed slightly

Auckland City Compass

Protest Ride

Saturday May 1st

Start 10:30am

Yes folks, the time has come to kickstart our protest campaign off once again.
    We did warn Minister Myth we would not go away.

This is the first of a series of protest rides that are being organised by the Auckland Action Group - make sure you tell 10 friends etc.

The ride comes from all points of the compass and enters the City from the North/South/East/West

***Please bring a Gold Coin Donation
    We are raising funds for Rape Crisis on this ride***

Assembly Points: Please be there by 10:00am for a 10:30am Departure

: North : Maha/MadDuck/Mom....Leaving From Oteha Valley Rd Mobil

: South : Caseye.......Leaving From BP Papakura (Autobahn)

: East : Fatt Max/Phantasm...Leaving From BP Ti Rakau Drive

: West : Bodir.....Leaving From Shell Westgate

: Be at your chosen leaving point by 9am

: Co-ordinated departure times to arrive at Auckland Domain at 10am, for noise making and speeches

: Depart the Domain enmass at 12am and ride up Queen St creating maximum noise

: Lunch at Mission Bay. One bike per park as before

Calander events will be loaded, please indicate your attendance below.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...y=2010-5-1&c=0
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland City Compass protest ride started by Maha View original post
    Comments 305 Comments
      Clean_up -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      We should have that logo available for transfer to teeshirts, please post up here if you would like one. At this stage it will be a you buy your own T-shirt and send for the logo to be affixed with a return pre-paid envelope. The cost is yet to be determined, but wont be exhorbitant. So, who wants one?
      I'll have one
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean_up View Post
      I'll have one
      Coolies - Top man, stand by for details, the organisers dont have them yet
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean_up View Post
      I'll have one
      I have a couple of shirts to send down also....
      Do you just want the Logo or a shirt to be done?
      Fatt Max -
      Yep, I'll have a t shirt fecking big time, glad I have some left over material from the Mt Smart Super Top after I made a pair of undies out of it.
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Yep, I'll have a t shirt fecking big time, glad I have some left over material from the Mt Smart Super Top after I made a pair of undies out of it.
      Oh I never thought of getting some of that fabric, it would be water proof too

Big question here though. Do we have the logo on the front of the shirt or the back. I am going front.
      chasio -
      Cool - I'm in for a t-shirt. I'll go front printed as well. My "Easy Target" t-shirt is printed on the back, which is no use when I wear it under my jacket!
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
      Cool - I'm in for a t-shirt. I'll go front printed as well. My "Easy Target" t-shirt is printed on the back, which is no use when I wear it under my jacket!
      Yeah, I am thinking front for me too, my thinking is we are coming into winter and we wont be standing around in t-shirts for much longer. We will be wearing jackets and only the fronts on t-shirts will be visable. I want to get another fluro jacket done too

Imagine that. I am actually opposed to the wearing of fluro on a bike and here I am wanting a second one
      ejc -
      Do people now about another planned protest march on Queen Street for May 1st?

http://dontunderminenz.org/#TakeAction
      Spazman727 -
      Im keen for a shirt or hi viz.
      Lucyloo -
      My partner and I will be there.

Would Fatt Max or Phantasm please confirm which BP on Ti Rakau Drive - the one on the corner of Chapel Rd or the one on the corner of Harris Road?

May be interested in a t-shirt transfer - could put it on the front of my original ACC protect T-shirt.

Cheers
      Luce.
      raftn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucyloo View Post

Would Fatt Max or Phantasm please confirm which BP on Ti Rakau Drive - the one on the corner of Chapel Rd or the one on the corner of Harris Road?

May be interested in a t-shirt transfer - could put it on the front of my original ACC protect T-shirt.

Cheers
      Luce.
      Was just thinking the same thing!
      Mom -
      There may be a time change in light of the Greenpeace March up Queen Street on the same day.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
      I'll go front printed, reckon that is the way to have 'em
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucyloo View Post

Cheers
      Luce.
      Sorry mate,

Its the BP on the corner of Ti Rakau and Harris Road, just up from Heading Home and that curry house that made my arse look like a Japanese flag the next day after a chook vindy.....
      Lucyloo -
      Thanks Max - if I'm to be riding behind you on the 1st - please don't go to that curry house the night before! ;-)
      caseye -
      Ha! bloody ha. Hows the A R S E there me ol mate?
      Yes pelase mom put me down for one of those wonderful Logo jobies.
      Time change is no big deal.
      Lets go people, this is the first of many scheduled ( yes I said scheduled as in already planned and in the pipeline) for this year.
      Nick and his boss are going ahead, yes, but we don't have to roll over and take it lying down do we?
      So lets get as many of us , our friends , their freinds and anyone else who rides anything with two wheels and a motor to rock up and ride with us to show the Govt that the Bikers are not going away and will continue to protest thier disfavour of their Govt's handling of our ACC.
      Allowing for time changes my group will be riding from the BP autobahn Papakura off the southern motorway just past the Papakura off ramp, naturally thats heading South.
      We plan to leave at the appointed time , to ride down to the Drury off ramp, to circle under the motorway and head north, using only the slow lane and sticking to an approximate speed of 70 K's per hour all the way into town.
      We will have one or two people who will look out for the riders and endeavour to keep cars from entering our group.
      We want as big a group of riders as we can get, travelling at a safe speed and distance from one an other taking up a single lane and travelling as a block, No cars!
      Getting off at Kyhber Pass, turning right into Khyber pass road, then left into Park road and up and over into the domain to meet up with the other groups heading in from all points of the compass.

Hence the ride name . ACC Ride = Auckland City Compass ride.

So please go and tell eveyone you know, lets get lots or bikes and riders to this ride and have a bit of fun on the way to the Domain.Where we will hear from the inimitable Mom, Fatt Max. I beleive, The Rape Crisis group and one or two others.
      Be prepared to go from there again en mass to points mentioned as above for lunch and a park up.

No law breaking just good old fashioned safe riding and getting a message to the people of Auckland and the Govt.

"No Way
      Nick"

Chhers and lets be having you.
      Fatt Max -
      Weather permitting I will be shouldering the geetar, otherwise I am happy to speak if anyone wants to write something for me.

I did the 100km Trailwalk at the weekend which proved to me that when you have a common goal and a common belief, you can achieve anything. This is how I see our protest and our actions, a belief and a goal...

So lets have it, as Rick Barker said in Wellington in Feb, he's never known a biker to back down. As we say in the UK, No Surrender...!!!
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      No law breaking just good old fashioned safe riding and getting a message to the people of Auckland and the Govt.
      Nothing stopping us from making a shit load of noise while we are riding around the place though eh Remebering the last ride we did up Queen Street, even plod was grinning at the uproar we were making. This time we will have 4 wheeled back guard contributing a little bit of their own noise

So lets have it, as Rick Barker said in Wellington in Feb, he's never known a biker to back down. As we say in the UK, No Surrender...!!!
      Well we did say we would not go away

All rested and raring to go. I cant actually wait for the International event we have planned
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      I cant actually wait for the International event we have planned
      That's not the 'All English Ride Naked' Run is it....?

Mind you, could be a go-er, GOONR, you keen bro?
      Hanne -
      That's not the 'All English Ride Naked' Run is it....?

Mind you, could be a go-er, GOONR, you keen bro?
      Just watch out for hot exhaust pipes! ><