• Auckland City Compass protest ride

NO WAY NICK

NOTE Times have changed slightly

Auckland City Compass

Protest Ride

Saturday May 1st

Start 10:30am

Yes folks, the time has come to kickstart our protest campaign off once again.
    We did warn Minister Myth we would not go away.

This is the first of a series of protest rides that are being organised by the Auckland Action Group - make sure you tell 10 friends etc.

The ride comes from all points of the compass and enters the City from the North/South/East/West

***Please bring a Gold Coin Donation
    We are raising funds for Rape Crisis on this ride***

Assembly Points: Please be there by 10:00am for a 10:30am Departure

: North : Maha/MadDuck/Mom....Leaving From Oteha Valley Rd Mobil

: South : Caseye.......Leaving From BP Papakura (Autobahn)

: East : Fatt Max/Phantasm...Leaving From BP Ti Rakau Drive

: West : Bodir.....Leaving From Shell Westgate

: Be at your chosen leaving point by 9am

: Co-ordinated departure times to arrive at Auckland Domain at 10am, for noise making and speeches

: Depart the Domain enmass at 12am and ride up Queen St creating maximum noise

: Lunch at Mission Bay. One bike per park as before

Calander events will be loaded, please indicate your attendance below.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...y=2010-5-1&c=0
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland City Compass protest ride started by Maha View original post
    Comments 305 Comments
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      Yep, you could do that. Print the image in reverse in that special paper and then press with an iron.
      My process is similar, but I'm actually applying high heat and heavy, even pressure using a press, to a special vinyl to fuse it onto the fabric.
      I have to cut a white triangle, with the words cut out of it (one reason for the black shirt)...press that onto the shirt, and then cut the red part, with the ACC in the corners, and then fuse that on top of the white bit. It's quite time consuming BUT very effective and lasts 'for ever'.
      Anyone seen the Bitches shirts? Same process.
      Far superior process for sure, nothing beats a good hot press
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      Far superior process for sure, nothing beats a good hot press
      Lord knows I've tried.....
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      .... bikes at walking pace? not going to happen.
      Unless you ride a Harley

And Nick thought we would just go away huh? I dont think so
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Unless you ride a Harley

There should enough there to push if you show any signs of faultering.....
      Mom -
      Yeah, I really think he did...

Sucker
      Bodir -
      Oh come on! Be nice to the guy! Pleeeeeeease!

If we are getting mean again, he is not allowed by his mum to play with us. And he will throw his toys. And guess who is paying for the clean up and repair bill. That'll be the whole non fault but bikers pay again thing.

So behave!
      Nick from the nick -
      Just an idea how about if we all buy 5xl t shirts that'll fit over the top of ur normal bike gear then you can wear them and ride so they can be seen
      chasio -
      T-shirt on its way. I'm looking forward to seeing it after its transformation from mild-mannered menswear to activist apparel!

Cheers - Chasio
      caseye -
      A Hot Fatt Max, Press fit ! I'm Inn.
      OK so here we all are and the numbers are rolling in.I remember last time Mom when we did the Mission bay jaunt,we only had about 20 names and we got hundreds turn up, that being any sort of yard stick we can expect thousands and thousands this time!
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      OK so here we all are and the numbers are rolling in.I remember last time Mom when we did the Mission bay jaunt,we only had about 20 names and we got hundreds turn up, that being any sort of yard stick we can expect thousands and thousands this time!
      Hundreds of thousands even

Yepper, should be a good one for a first one back.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      The thread has had 849 veiws to date, so at the very least, that many know about it on here.
      chasio -
      Is that 849 unique users having viewed it, or 849 page impressions? I must have looked at it a dozen times by now, f'rinstance, so multiple counts per user would drop the audience number down (if you know what I mean... not sure I do actually

Mind you you'll probably be right. I wonder how many bikes it'll take to gridlock the Mobil on Oteha Valley Road for starters!

Cheers - Chasio
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
      Is that 849 unique users having viewed it, or 849 page impressions? I must have looked at it a dozen times by now, f'rinstance, so multiple counts per user would drop the audience number down (if you know what I mean... not sure I do actually

Mind you you'll probably be right. I wonder how many bikes it'll take to gridlock the Mobil on Oteha Valley Road for starters!

Cheers - Chasio
      I have always thought that once you have viewed a thread its counted as such (ie: just the one)
      Doesn't matter how many time each individual member looks.
      Test the theory, but im sure thats how it works.
      Even if we get 10% of that number first up, it will be a great start.
      caseye -
      It would be a great stART BUT i'M GOING FOR ME HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS THEORY, getting excited just thinking about that Hot Press fit .
      Maha -
      Hundreds and Thousands?....no one told me there was going to be a Lollie scramble!
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post

Cheers - Chasio
      OK, theory tested, when I posted, it was on 900 veiws, I have posted, caseye has posted since and I am posting again after vewing several times since, its still on 900 as im posting this reply.
      Mom -
      OK, theory tested, when I posted, it was on 900 veiws, I have posted, caseye has posted since and I am posting again after vewing several times since, its still on 900 as im posting this reply.
      The site only refreshes every few mins. Each time you look at the thread the view count will go up by one. Call me Virago He is answering site questions really well today.

Hey and you guys, this ride has gone out to all BRONZ members out of Auckland. I have just had a call from someone wanting to clarify the times.

SO, assemble at leaving points at 10am for a 10:30am departure to the domain.

Bodir, that is one more for your west ride confirmed
      MadDuck -
      Hundreds and Thousands?....
      Dont Hundreds and Thousands go on IceCream?
      Mom -
      Yes, in some families they are called "sprinkles" Hey I see a theme here
      caseye -
      Bow now, dont go giving the game away too soon.Ice cream Pft Snow fezze Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!