• We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

We're not happy. You're gouging money from bikers. Where's it going ?

Just what are we getting for our massively increased levies?

We've been told that a bunch of grumpy bikers are planning to turn out to demand some answers : to remind Mr Smith that we're not happy. And that we're watching him.

And to show him exactly what he can do with his A.C.C.

When ? Sunday 27th June.

Where . Central Auckland. Can't tell you exactly where just yet. because if we do, we might be able to have it there. And we're having it there, permissions or not.

We'll update you with exact location , and game plan nearer the day. Sufficiently nearer that it's too late for TPTB to stop it.

And some extra grumpy people may ride on to other places afterward. Not that we know anything about that. . (less than 20km, easy riding, and very legal., No speed limits will be brioken. Quite the reverse. )

Be aware that getting into the location may be difficult for trikes or sidecars . Anyone planning on bringing one, PM me.

Be aware also that we may probably be breaking some rules of some sort.. This meeting may not be totally respectfull. Or polite. So anyone that has major issues with keeping squeaky clean and rule compliant may want to flag this one.

Some folk may want tp wear a mask. or balaclava. Or skull mask . We're encouraging masks and balaclavas. After all, it'll probably be cold.

Probably be wet too. So if you're a wimp, you probably want to flag this one.

Otherwise, if you're not afraid of getting wet, and don't like bending over and taking it (there's a hint there for you) , be there. Disrespectfully, and noisily.

Central Auckland. Somewhere. 27th June 11am.

Anyone that can lead a group from the outskirts, (West gate, Autobahn, Dairy Flat ? ,) please post up , so groups can get organised.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010 started by BRONZ View original post
    Comments 113 Comments
      dpex -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
      BRONZ represents motorcyclists the way greenpeace represents whales. Motorcycling not motorcyclists.

242 is a good increase from 40 a year ago!.

BTW, it costs about $500 - $1000 a year to be on the BRONZ committee - stuff that you pay for , travel costs etc.

Anyone is welcome to start an alternative, y'know.
      Ixion, you have to sit back and consider the nature of terrorism. The power of terrorism is contained in the threat, the possibility. And so one tells the media that such and such will happen, either, here, or there, or there. The result will be this, that, or the other.

For example, tell the media that 10,000 bikers are going to infest a Westfield carpark and deny the entire mall of parking spaces for a day, gets their interest; as history demonstrated.

The trick is to name several malls to then infest all the mall owners with the worry of thousands of bikers turning up to deny parking spaces to shoppers.

Then you contact the media, as a mall shop owner and complain. 'They're coming here! They will destroy my business!' Then you do it again, as a mall shop owner from another mall.

I won't take long for the story-starved media to pick up on it. Do it well and they will do the beat-up for you.

But, at the end of the day you have to deliver a lot of bikers to a place which will cause the media to follow it up.

You can tell the media anything. They're such dicks that the bigger the claim the more they hope a thousand bikers will turn up with shotguns and rotten eggs.

So the trick is; get media interest then make sure you turn up to a specific site, upset a whole bunch of folk, then tell the media why you're there.

Then repeat it again, every other weekend until someone finally says enough is enough.

Remember, most bikers have sucked on the ACC increase. Your task is to reignite their rage.

Good luck.

But for the record....I'll join the 27th protest if I know where to go.
      BRONZ -
      Viaduct in downtown Auckland. Actually on Queens Wharf. See Post #1 . 11am.
      Mr Merde -
      From todays NZ Herald

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10654221

"Dr Smith told Parliament's transport and industrial relations committee the corporation was expected to report about a $2 billion surplus this year, mainly due to a huge turnaround in investment markets, a $35 million reduction in administration costs and, most significantly, a stabilisation in the rate of increase of its long-term liabilities."

Thank you all for your generous assistance in making ACC profitable again
      MSTRS:Me -
      That's the spin version of...
      The recession is easing. All levies are up. We've sacked a shitload of case managers and other paper shufflers. We've massively increased the number of claims denied. We've cancelled payments on existing claims.
      jafar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
      From todays NZ Herald

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10654221

"Dr Smith told Parliament's transport and industrial relations committee the corporation was expected to report about a $2 billion surplus this year, mainly due to a huge turnaround in investment markets, a $35 million reduction in administration costs and, most significantly, a stabilisation in the rate of increase of its long-term liabilities."

Thank you all for your generous assistance in making ACC profitable again
      That sits well with the claim that ACC is broke & we have to put up all vehicle registrations to cover the shortfall.
      Wonder which one is the lie?
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by dpex View Post
      I'll join the 27th protest if I know where to go.
      You should have received an email from BRONZ, well 2 emails actually, giving details.
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      You should have received an email from BRONZ, well 2 emails actually, giving details.
      I got 1. My frst since joining back in November..... Doesnt resemble anything like the post that is on here though. Maybe I will get email number 2 on Monday.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      I got 1. My frst since joining back in November..... Doesnt resemble anything like the post that is on here though. Maybe I will get email number 2 on Monday.
      Far canal, I have not received a SINGLE email from them......is it cos I is fat...??

I'm going along on Sunday, I'll be in teh cage with mini Max but I want to see what the jackanory is on the day.

BRONZ dont like fat people, eh.......
      NONONO -
      No one likes fat people, unless they are Maradonna,,,,no no, I was right the first time...
      See you Sunday, and hopefully Monday after the 5 - nil destruction of the Bosh!
      Ixion -
      I is fat, and i gets emails. If you're not getting them and you want them, pm hanne, she maintains the list. Bear in mind that by law you must opt in if ypu havent specifically given BRONZ approval to email you they cant do it
      Ixion -
      Oh, and it may be an idea to check your spam folder or your isp's spam settings. A lot of spam filters regard anything sent to a lot of recipients as spam . You may need to add BRONZ to your white list
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
      Oh, and it may be an idea to check your spam folder or your isp's spam settings. A lot of spam filters regard anything sent to a lot of recipients as spam . You may need to add BRONZ to your white list
      Oh silly me. I should have known to log into KB to find out why I am not getting emails or any sort of communicaion from BRONZ since I gave them my hard earned cash.

I know better now
      Reckless -
      Actually I haven't got any emails from Bronze either???
      NONONO -
      Love the "Tags for this Thread" heading....Plot lost.
      jamfig -
      where are we starting from "WESTGATE" for westies what time when are we leaving anyone going or is this so secret that not only ACC/GOVERNMENT dont know but someone forgot to tell those who wanna protest too ???????????????????????????????????????????????? clocks ticking someone wanna enlighten us all or shall we just do something else
      Ixion -
      BRONZ hasn't organised anything for outlying points. Meeting place is Viaduct / Queens wharf. If people want to gather at Westgate and ride together thats fine, but over to them to meet up.
      Captian soup -
      10am for westgate is what i have been told by a couple of seniors....mind u u cant trust these ol ppl... always up to somthing... HAHAHHA jokes.

Il be there and im too ugly for balaklavas, takes the shock factor away.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Captian soup View Post
      Il be there and im too ugly for balaklavas, takes the shock factor away.
      I dont have a balaclava. Mind you, I will wear my Bra-laclava to show off my ample flabby beer tits, that will frighten the crapola out of anyone....
      Phreak -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      I dont have a balaclava. Mind you, I will wear my Bra-laclava to show off my ample flabby beer tits, that will frighten the crapola out of anyone....
      Haha not sure if I wanna come now! Kidding, I'll be there. Interested just to see what will happen.........
      Phreak -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Haha not sure if I wanna come now! Kidding, I'll be there. Interested just to see what will happen.........