• We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010

We're not happy. You're gouging money from bikers. Where's it going ?

Just what are we getting for our massively increased levies?

We've been told that a bunch of grumpy bikers are planning to turn out to demand some answers : to remind Mr Smith that we're not happy. And that we're watching him.

And to show him exactly what he can do with his A.C.C.

When ? Sunday 27th June.

Where . Central Auckland. Can't tell you exactly where just yet. because if we do, we might be able to have it there. And we're having it there, permissions or not.

We'll update you with exact location , and game plan nearer the day. Sufficiently nearer that it's too late for TPTB to stop it.

And some extra grumpy people may ride on to other places afterward. Not that we know anything about that. . (less than 20km, easy riding, and very legal., No speed limits will be brioken. Quite the reverse. )

Be aware that getting into the location may be difficult for trikes or sidecars . Anyone planning on bringing one, PM me.

Be aware also that we may probably be breaking some rules of some sort.. This meeting may not be totally respectfull. Or polite. So anyone that has major issues with keeping squeaky clean and rule compliant may want to flag this one.

Some folk may want tp wear a mask. or balaclava. Or skull mask . We're encouraging masks and balaclavas. After all, it'll probably be cold.

Probably be wet too. So if you're a wimp, you probably want to flag this one.

Otherwise, if you're not afraid of getting wet, and don't like bending over and taking it (there's a hint there for you) , be there. Disrespectfully, and noisily.

Central Auckland. Somewhere. 27th June 11am.

Anyone that can lead a group from the outskirts, (West gate, Autobahn, Dairy Flat ? ,) please post up , so groups can get organised.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: We're watching you, Mr Smith. Protest 27th June 2010 started by BRONZ View original post
    Comments 113 Comments
      RiderInBlack -
      Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn View Post
      If you are unhappy, get of your lazy arse and attend your local BRONZ chapter meetings, it is not rocket science people! With more support and numbers we have more effect and presence! Why the fuck does this need to be said over and over again? People are so very quick to jump up and say we aren't doing anything, or what we are doing is not right, yet they themselves are not prepared to pull their finger out and help!

If you don't like what Les is doing, put yourself in his shoes and stand for president of BRONZ, if you want to help, have a say and contribute, then join a local chapter. But for fucks sake please don't do anything, and then bitch and moan about how we are getting screwed.
      And to show ya how little interest we are showing in that idea just go to
      2010 BRONZ AGM, Wednesday 21 July 2010 . I started that thread so that I might get to know the candidates better (was nothing on the BRONZ web site, not even the date for the AGM on the Event Calender), and to see if anyone was going to the AGM. Only 2 posts and they are both mine. Obviously we don't care enough, and those that will get elected will be chosen from the very few the can make it there.
      bogan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
      You leave it to a handful of us.
      yeh, isn't that how bronz works, theres a bunch of people doing the work? I'm not sure what your point is
      jamov13 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
      ...This whole thing is much more than just bikers, it's about a fundamental change in how we live our lives here.
      Get informed and get active.
      Good luck.
      There's nothing wrong with being a cynical old bastard from time to time!

I couldn't agree more, NZers are far too docile. I was watching the 1080 protests on the news again. I know what it really does to our wildlife and DOC have some answering to do so I support the protesting the coasters are putting up. I'm not sure how we flip the switch on the country but it needs doing (sooner rather than later).

For those who think we're lazy bastards for not holding your hands at BRONZ meetings please bare in mind that this is not the only injustice going on right now. I understand your sentiments completely though. I'm personally involved to my eye balls in organisations that really return little to me and yes it's with sweet FA help from those that should be. Good on BRONZ and all the guys that are putting the effort in.

Unfortunately I don't have the answers about how to get everyone involved - One thing for sure though, abusing anyone in a forum probably isn't going to drum up too much support.
      outlawtorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by jamov13 View Post
      There's nothing wrong with being a cynical old bastard from time to time!

I couldn't agree more, NZers are far too docile. I was watching the 1080 protests on the news again. I know what it really does to our wildlife and DOC have some answering to do so I support the protesting the coasters are putting up. I'm not sure how we flip the switch on the country but it needs doing (sooner rather than later).

For those who think we're lazy bastards for not holding your hands at BRONZ meetings please bare in mind that this is not the only injustice going on right now. I understand your sentiments completely though. I'm personally involved to my eye balls in organisations that really return little to me and yes it's with sweet FA help from those that should be. Good on BRONZ and all the guys that are putting the effort in.

Unfortunately I don't have the answers about how to get everyone involved - One thing for sure though, abusing anyone in a forum probably isn't going to drum up too much support.
      Yeah mate, you are bang on right! My little rant was out of order and I apologise for that, I reckon I am just frustrated at the whole thing. Kinda feels like no matter what we do we are powerless.
      Hitcher -
      Mr Smith is watching us. One suspects he's having a damned good laugh.
      Phreak -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
      Mr Smith is watching us. One suspects he's having a damned good laugh.
      Highly likely.

Has anyone (that went to the BRONZ protest) received any reply for their yellow mailers?
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn View Post
      Maybe it might just be a good idea to not bother with BRONZ at all, and to sit on my lazy fucking arse like most of the bikers out there and bitch like a baby at the levies but be completely prepared to do sweet fuck all about it!
      Lets clear something up here ok? The Auckland protest rides have NOT been organised by BRONZ Auckland and in fact they distanced themselves from the rides. Although they did send out notice to their members (well the lucky ones anyway)....thats all they have done since November. These rides have been organised by a group of bikers using KB as a means to get the message out.

YES some of us got off our arses at huge cost in time, energy and money.......and done something and will continue to do so.
      Drogen Omen -
      seems our efforts to stop acc levies going ahead have failed...

they got introduced on 1st July...

running all 3 of my bikes with no rego... haven't been pulled over yet...
      Katman -
      Quote Originally Posted by Drogen Omen View Post
      Fuck, did they? We should protest.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Lets clear something up here ok? The Auckland protest rides have NOT been organised by BRONZ Auckland and in fact they distanced themselves from the rides. Although they did send out notice to their members (well the lucky ones anyway)....thats all they have done since November. These rides have been organised by a group of bikers using KB as a means to get the message out.

YES some of us got off our arses at huge cost in time, energy and money.......and done something and will continue to do so.
      Clear and concise message there MD.....
      Quote Originally Posted by Drogen Omen View Post

running all 3 of my bikes with no rego... haven't been pulled over yet...
      Dont think the thought of stopping the incease all together was ever on the agenda.
      mashman -
      Maybe we're going to get a discount after all... just saw on the news that businesses can get up to 50% off... Agent Smith was there... we must be due a discount too
      Katman -
      Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
      Maybe we're going to get a discount after all... just saw on the news that businesses can get up to 50% off... Agent Smith was there... we must be due a discount too
      Well that's gotta be an incentive to start cleaning up our own back yard.
      Baldy -
      wot does it mean, less riding time, registering yr bike every 3months instead of 12 hey rsole ive got 650cc i now have to pay $515 inclusive 2 lots of acc baldy