• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: lohring Today, 01:32 Go to last post
    husaberg

Oddball engines and prototypes

Thread Starter: husaberg

As the title says........

Last Post By: Pursang Today, 00:20 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Yesterday, 17:04 Go to last post
    jellywrestler

Moto GP Moto 2 and moto 3 2024 race times in NZ

Thread Starter: jellywrestler

Thought i'd start a thread wih the actual race times on it, so some don't have to sieve through the other thread. I started watching the COTA round but fell asleep and missed the start of the Moto GP, I would rather have known the exact start time and set altm for that. Next round is Jerez...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Yesterday, 14:14 Go to last post
  • Daniel Mettam Fundrasing for Red Bull Rookies!

From Daniel's Dad:

This e-mail is to let you know that Daniel Mettam has been fortunate enough to be selected (along with appx 40 other kids from around the world) to a two day trial in 3 weeks time in Spain, for the Red Bull Rookies Cup Championship for 2011 - A few lucky Riders from this trial will be chosen to ride in Europe in 2011 in the Red Bull Rookies Cup (13-17 yr olds) as the curtain raiser to the (European rnds) of MotoGP events - We have only just received confirmation of this 3 days ago & accordingly are trying to raise sufficient funds over the next 9 days to help get him there...

We are looking for donations either personally or through your work/business or associations ranging from $20 to $500 - We have set up an account in Daniel's name to accept these donations being: - 03 0252 0457330 25 (D K B Mettam) - If you could put your name as a reference against the D/credit so we can thank you in due course & we will also keep you posted over the next 9 days as to how we go with our fundraising goal. If necessary chq's (made out to Daniel Mettam) can be posted to my P.O Box

This is a massive opportunity for a Kiwi kid & we are very excited for him & no matter what we know he will go there & give it his best attempt. He has worked so hard in this sport over the past 15 months & was accepted as one of the final riders from his overall application
    Some background for you

Daniel Mettam - DOB 27/02/96 - aged 14
    First rode motorbike aged 4 yrs old. Raced motocross till aged 13 when by chance he got a scholarship with the Vic Motorcycle Club to ride a Streetstock Bike in their Winter Series in 2009 - Finished last in his first ever race on tarseal at Taupo A1 track in May 2009 - By July 2010 had won around 17 races in the last 9 mths in different classes of road racing including 125GP bike - Broke Taupo lap record 3 times in streetstock class in March/April 2010 - Holder of Hampton Downs lap record in Streetstock class....
    July 2010 - Starts racing a 125GP bike with Wolf Pack Racing after a few mths testing August 2010 - Accepted as final trialist at Red Bull Rookies Cup trial in Spain for Sept 2010

If you are able to help us in any manner it would be greatly appreciated -
    As you know i'm happy to answer any queries around this - (contact details below) For info on the cup trial see http://www.redbullrookiescup.com/con...hp?page=s_info - From here you can click on the bike they will trial on etc etc ....

We really hope Daniel can get the job done on the day & make a whole lot more people as proud of him as we are....

Glenn Mettam
    Ph 09-818-4342
    Mobile 021-902-849
    P.O Box 20-281,
    Glen Eden 0641
    Auckland
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Daniel Mettam Fundrasing for Red Bull Rookies! started by prettybillie View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
      ajturbo -
      holy shit Dan..

Well done...

this brings back a lot of memories of when Luke and I went to to the try-out...

some money will be in your account asap...!!!!!!!!!

AJ

Err.. just remember to NOT put your foot down.. hahahahah
      Billy -
      Good on Daniel for making the effort to get there,

Regretfuuly I have waaay too much money invested in the streetstock scene to ba able to help financially,However,I do have a minilite 250 that is surplus to our needs,If it sells in time I will donate $500.00 towards Daniels trip,Details below,

Honda CBR250RR,MC22,Just been dynotuned to suit its newly fitted race muffler (43rwhp),New oil and filter,Spark plugs and just had the valve clearances done and carbs cleaned,New Dunlop GPRA10s.57tooth aluminium rear sprocket,Wheels just newly powdercoated,Resplendent in glorious flat black,Race prepped and ready to go

Spares included,Wheels and discs for wets,Engine and electrics.

$3500.00,
      prettybillie -
      Hundy deposited! Awesome work Daniel - we're all really proud of yoU!!! Just to be selected tp trial is an amazing achievement!

Billy - hope you're going to be at the AMCC round on 17 October!!!!
      Billy -
      Quote Originally Posted by prettybillie View Post

Billy - hope you're going to be at the AMCC round on 17 October!!!!
      Yip,Plan to be,Not sure how many riders will be with us though,Hopefully 3 at this stage plus me at this stage
      Kiwi Graham:Me -
      Well done young man, enjoy the experience. Glad to help.
      Her_C4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Good on Daniel for making the effort to get there,

Regretfuuly I have waaay too much money invested in the streetstock scene to ba able to help financially,However,I do have a minilite 250 that is surplus to our needs,If it sells in time I will donate $500.00 towards Daniels trip,Details below,

Honda CBR250RR,MC22,Just been dynotuned to suit its newly fitted race muffler (43rwhp),New oil and filter,Spark plugs and just had the valve clearances done and carbs cleaned,New Dunlop GPRA10s.57tooth aluminium rear sprocket,Wheels just newly powdercoated,Resplendent in glorious flat black,Race prepped and ready to go

Spares included,Wheels and discs for wets,Engine and electrics.

$3500.00,
      Where is it? Any pic's?
      avgas -
      How about doing a sticker run (I do recall someone here doing stickers).
      Or a shirt run.

In regards if you can't find anyone to help you with either I can help set you up with something on cafepress. Chuck me a PM. I am not the best - but I can get you started at least.

Likewise if we find a better solution from someone - chuck me a PM, will buy tshirt, sticker whatever I can to help.
      Would rather be a supporter than a donate'or
      Billy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Her_B4 View Post
      Where is it? Any pic's?
      Mount Maunganui,Will try to get some pics up tomorrow
      Lane -
      Big congrats, Daniel.

Have popped a small amount in youraccount.
      Good luck and have fun!!

Lane

Billy -
      Attachment 216989
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Mount Maunganui,Will try to get some pics up tomorrow
      This is all I had time for today
      Marknz -
      Good on you Glenn and Dan, there are some notes digitally transferring their way to you now.

Enjoy the experience, and good luck!

Cheers
      Mark
      Str8 Jacket -
      Dan is off to Spain today (according to his facebook status)!!

Good luck to both Dan and Jake. Go hard boys!!!!
      Cheshire Cat -
      Woohoo!!! good luck to them how godlike is that
      Biggles08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      Woohoo!!! good luck to them how godlike is that
      lol...ummm....he's back Cheshire
      gatch -
      How did the little bastid do then ?
      Biggles08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
      How did the little bastid do then ?
      As I understand it he made it to the second callup...not sure what that means but I guess he made it to the second stage of a ????? stage process
      Cheshire Cat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
      lol...ummm....he's back Cheshire
      yeah its the thought that counts tho eh
      gatch -
      Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
      As I understand it he made it to the second callup...not sure what that means but I guess he made it to the second stage of a ????? stage process
      Primo, that's most gratuitous news indeed !

Good work young bold soldier.
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)