• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: lohring Today, 01:32 Go to last post
    husaberg

Oddball engines and prototypes

Thread Starter: husaberg

As the title says........

Last Post By: Pursang Today, 00:20 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Yesterday, 17:04 Go to last post
    jellywrestler

Moto GP Moto 2 and moto 3 2024 race times in NZ

Thread Starter: jellywrestler

Thought i'd start a thread wih the actual race times on it, so some don't have to sieve through the other thread. I started watching the COTA round but fell asleep and missed the start of the Moto GP, I would rather have known the exact start time and set altm for that. Next round is Jerez...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Yesterday, 14:14 Go to last post
  • MAG-NZ Launches in New Zealand

It is with great pleasure we announce the arrival of MAG-NZ to the biker scene in New Zealand. While our official launch date is October 3rd 2010 we have launched our website today and invite you to come in and find out a bit more about us.

www.mag-nz.org

Motorcycle Action Group of New Zealand (MAG-NZ) has been formed by bikers, for bikers and promises a new era of meaningful and purposeful representation for bikers in New Zealand.

As the name suggests MAG-NZ is about Action.

As an organisation we are committed to upholding bikers freedoms, and resisting imposed restrictions and laws which impede those freedoms.

We will do so actively, we will not passively accept the eroding of our legal right to ride. MAG-NZ believes that bikers themselves understand, and are responsible for, the actions that are required to ensure their freedoms. We will not wait for others to do our job for us.

MAG-NZ believes there are 3 levels of action required;

• Personal;
    • Local;
    • National.

As an organisation MAG-NZ is committed to all three.

We also see the sense in belonging to an international group, committed to similar ideas. MAG-NZ has the support and backing of MAG-UK and will use the resources this affiliation brings to ensure we achieve our goals.

So, do not ask what MAG-NZ can do for you, rather, what can you do for your fellow bikers?

Membership of MAG-NZ is open to anyone regardless of what they ride. You don't even have to be a motorcycle owner - if you simply have "an interest" in motorcycles or things motorcycling we welcome your membership.
    Join us today!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MAG-NZ Launches in New Zealand started by Mom View original post
    Comments 275 Comments
      Smifffy -
      It all sounds good. I like the
      MAG-NZ believes there are 3 levels of action required;

* Personal;
      * Local;
      * National.
      So other than stumping up $20, what do recommend as a personal action in the next month or two, for those of us interested?

I'm keen to know what actions are being advocated at all levels, rather than a vague "we need to do something"

Good luck with it, I can't wait to see some action.
      MSTRS:Me -
      Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
      LONG LIVE KIWIBIKER.CO.NZ!!! ......the site that truly unites & informs KiwiBikers
      KB is very important to a lot of people. But it is NOT a club, or lobby group, or national body that speaks for the collective or anything really - other than a website where people with an interest in bikes can yak to each other, organise get-togethers, and such like.
      Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
      So do I but I haven't heard fuck all about their position on ACC levies, never mind what action they've taken.

As for being "ill informed". Go to the MNZ website and you could be forgiven for thinking the organisation was all about competition.
      I wasn't going to do the us'n'them thing, but since you mention MNZ in those terms, I must agree...MNZ - who? The people that dictate to clubs who can stage race meetings? And who have a rep at every meeting to change the rules in their own handbook, if that's what suits on the day.
      Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
      Go MAG I say. Although I too think they should advocate better training and would be better off not mentioning the 2007 wire rope barrier incident.
      And why not? Freak it may have been. But as WRB's form more and more of NZ's barrier system, this kind of outcome for motorcyclists will become 'common'. We don't want that to happen. Try as we, or anyone else, may, motorcyclists are going to fall off their bikes for any number of reasons. Where they fall off in relation to roadside hazards or safety systems will be instrumental in how serious their injuries are.
      NZTA continue to remove trees (for instance) that are close to road edges, because they kill the occupants of cars that hit them. Motorcyclists should be afforded the same consideration as regards the things that hurt us.
      N'est pas?
      The training thing will become a reality in short order. But I don't see it being run by MAG-NZ. I see currently operating concerns being promoted on the website, with information on what to expect and where to find it. Etc...
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
      +1 The terms 'biker' and 'cager' are two that if removed from our collective vocabulary would do much to imrpove our public image IMO.
      It is funny how different people have different ideas about that. I am 50 years of age and I call myself a biker - always have done, but I detest the term cage or cager.

MAG-NZ will most likely use both the term Motorcyclist and the term biker to describe who we are, our members use different terms to refer to themselves too.
      NONONO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post

So other than stumping up $20, what do recommend as a personal action in the next month or two, for those of us interested?

I'm keen to know what actions are being advocated at all levels, rather than a vague "we need to do something"

Well me old cock sparrow, judging from your avatar (which you just changed lol) and sig it would seem that you would be well acquainted with action, both personal, local and national. Apply similar principles..
      In a nutshell, don't "wait to SEE some action", rather, take some action.
      Mom -

Personally you could make sure your bike is well maintained and is up to WOF standard. You could take a bit of time next time you go out for a ride to test out your emergency braking technique deliberately, NOT because you have to. You could spend time concentrating on developing a strong "spidey"sense, and ride your bike with a wise head.

Peronally you could make sure you have signed the WRB petition (if you support it of course), and be observant about road hazards you encounter on your rides. If you do find something that poses a hazard, get onto your local council - there is a list of them on a link on the MAG-NZ website for convienience. Get on www.mag-nz.org and let us know what hazards you have encountered if they are not remedied quickly.

I could go on, but you get the idea.
      Smifffy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
      Well me old cock sparrow, judging from your avatar and sig it would seem that you would be well acquainted with action, both personal, local and national. Apply similar principles..
      In a nutshell, don't "wait to SEE some action", rather, take some action.
      Oh I'm quite happy to take action, I was just inquiring as to whether there was a recommended course of action, in order to present a consistent, common message.

Some people might think that "action" is popping wheelies in front of the media on a protest ride, or doing a burn out on the front steps of an electorate office.

To continue your analysis of my own actions, I identified something simple that I could do in response to an issue that concerns me, and then advocated that action to others in as simple terms as possible.

In my limited experience, when someone goes to a website regarding social issues they are looking for, amongst other things, the answer to a simple question: "What can I do?"

I'm just asking for 1 example, and if it lies within my abilities I'll implement it from tomorrow.

Without such an example, I'd have to think this is still more about words than actions.
      Squiggles -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      I am sorry you feel that way Steven, the events that are on the MAG-NZ website were all organised by AAG (Auckland Action Group) in fact if you read on there it clearly states we had a different name when we first started out. Is there something in particular on the website that you are not happy with, have we named you or posted a pic of you? If so, please let one of us know and we will take down the offending item immediately. We have not set out to upset anyone.
      Nothing on the website, its only in the media and its more of a concern on what the future might hold for MAG-NZ (Thus the questions on how?)
      Katman -
      I think one of the greatest things we could do on a personal level is, if you believe in the concept of riding in a responsible manner, be vocal about it.

All too often motorcyclists turn a blind eye to displays of stupidity on bikes because they think it's not cool to say anything.

The more vocal we become about responsible riding, the more seriously we're likely to be taken when we have a grievance to air.
      NONONO -
      All good..
      Have you written to your local MP re the continued existence of cheese cutters?. Asked him his/her stance on ACC levies?
      These may not be issues for you personally but they would be personal lvl actions.
      zeocen -
      I signed up last night but can't seem to login?
      Berries -
      Perhaps committee members could have a specific KB avatar. It is a bit hard telling who is who with all new yellow squares appearing. I know from the website that Mom and Fatt Max are on the committee, no idea who the others are so it is all starting to get a bit confusing.
      oldrider -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      If this can be a more workable or better option than BRONZ model I wish it well. I'm sure we all will.

At the moment what I see is it making the situation worse by further fragmenting the numbers represented.

The Ulysses club is the most quoted motorcycling advocate/spokesperson because they have the biggest membership.

We don't need 'another' action group - we need one strong one. I don't really care which one it is - but the answer isn't in duplication.
      Who ever pledges to drive "Nick Smith" out of office and parliament all together will get my support!

Destroy "Nick Smith" (personally) the way he has dealt a death blow to some of us motorcyclists and caused unwarranted financial pressure on the rest!

Get rid of Nick Smith!

Get rid of Nick Smith!

Get rid of Nick Smith!

Get rid of Nick Smith!

Get rid of Nick Smith!

Who?

That arse wipe, Nick Smith!

Get rid of the bastard!

Run Nick Smith out of town!
      Smifffy -
      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/m...cheesecutters/

Please sign

I posted the same to facebook for my 500 followers lol

For all the good it will do, when was the last time the voice of the people meant anything in this country?

Ride responsibly & keep the WOF up to scratch. Got it.

Thanks for the advice
      NONONO -
      Oh, you were looking for advice? Sorry, that's the other shop...
      You have followers?
      All good...

Nice rant there John....
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
      Perhaps committee members could have a specific KB avatar. It is a bit hard telling who is who with all new yellow squares appearing. I know from the website that Mom and Fatt Max are on the committee, no idea who the others are so it is all starting to get a bit confusing.
      Thats why I chose a different avatar, my name is Mark James and I am MAG's Ride and Events coordinator, Anne (Mom) is my wife and Fatt Max is just a bouncy castle.
      Smifffy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
      Oh, you were looking for advice? Sorry, that's the other shop...
      You have followers?
      All good...

Nice rant there John....
      Yeah, I was, and I think so will many more of your potential members.

By "the other shop" do you mean BRONZ, or MNZ?

I thought y'all were serious about this.

Riding responsibly & keeping the wof up to date, were both pieces of advice, that were to be frank somewhat patronising, if I weren't interested in those things why would I even consider agitating for improved road safety for motorcyclists?

As I said before, if there was some meaningful action that was recommended, I'd start tomorrow, or even now in the case of the petition, which I have signed and since posted online here & facebook for more signatures, which is more than you have done with it.

Now I will wait to see if there's any meaningful action from this group before investing further.
      fliplid -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Fatt Max is just a bouncy castle.
      You forgot to list his other accomplishments, such as dedicated musician, ardent devourer of pies...
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by fliplid View Post
      You forgot to list his other accomplishments, such as dedicated musician, ardent devourer of pies...
      I feel he an berries would get on just fine.....
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Thats why I chose a different avatar, my name is Mark James and I am MAG's Ride and Events coordinator, Anne (Mom) is my wife and Fatt Max is just a bouncy castle.
      Just, Just, JUST.......s'pose you are right there mate.
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by fliplid View Post
      .....and president of the Oceania Leather Thong Owners Association
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)