• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: wobbly Yesterday, 09:01 Go to last post
    roogazza

Wsb 2024

Thread Starter: roogazza

If you are hanging out for a Motogp Fix, WSB Assen 2024 this weekend. It's on SKY too. http://www.worldsbk.com/en

Last Post By: roogazza Yesterday, 16:37 Go to last post
  • MAG-NZ Launches in New Zealand

It is with great pleasure we announce the arrival of MAG-NZ to the biker scene in New Zealand. While our official launch date is October 3rd 2010 we have launched our website today and invite you to come in and find out a bit more about us.

www.mag-nz.org

Motorcycle Action Group of New Zealand (MAG-NZ) has been formed by bikers, for bikers and promises a new era of meaningful and purposeful representation for bikers in New Zealand.

As the name suggests MAG-NZ is about Action.

As an organisation we are committed to upholding bikers freedoms, and resisting imposed restrictions and laws which impede those freedoms.

We will do so actively, we will not passively accept the eroding of our legal right to ride. MAG-NZ believes that bikers themselves understand, and are responsible for, the actions that are required to ensure their freedoms. We will not wait for others to do our job for us.

MAG-NZ believes there are 3 levels of action required;

• Personal;
    • Local;
    • National.

As an organisation MAG-NZ is committed to all three.

We also see the sense in belonging to an international group, committed to similar ideas. MAG-NZ has the support and backing of MAG-UK and will use the resources this affiliation brings to ensure we achieve our goals.

So, do not ask what MAG-NZ can do for you, rather, what can you do for your fellow bikers?

Membership of MAG-NZ is open to anyone regardless of what they ride. You don't even have to be a motorcycle owner - if you simply have "an interest" in motorcycles or things motorcycling we welcome your membership.
    Join us today!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MAG-NZ Launches in New Zealand started by Mom View original post
    Comments 275 Comments
      rustyrobot -
      Surely SOMEONE took some photos?
      You know you really might as well post them up and rub it in for us poor folk who had to work on such a beautiful, eventful day.
      Bikemad -
      all good caseye............was just an observation......not intended as a criticism..........
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
      Surely SOMEONE took some photos?
      You know you really might as well post them up and rub it in for us poor folk who had to work on such a beautiful, eventful day.
      Yes heaps of piccys, let me go find a link.
      Bikemad -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      Apologies for editing your post. I need to say it was not a protest ride though, you will know when it is a protest, it will be slower

Seriously though, taking a big bunch of bikes in a group needs to be managed to ensure safety. Frankly 85kph is probably too fast in a HUGE group. Still, we launched without misshap. 350 bikes arriving at one venue more or less at the same time is a great achievement. Can not wait for our next run.
      Hi Mom...........no real problem with the 85ks...........please no slower tho or i might have to downsize for the real protest ride
      was more the choice of lane we occupied
      Been riding a long time and have to say being in the left half of the fast lane,found it a little unnerving having cars and at one point a bloody great B Train undertake us as we tootled along...........
      overall a great day and big ups to you guys for gettin things happenin.......cheers.
      PeteJ -
      You know about the previous MAG Action? Do you know anyone involved in it? I remember attending protests back in the '70s, I always thought they were BRONZ ones.
      Yeah, at the core were the Dobson brothers and me. Our initial AGMs were at the Cold Kiwi.

Motorcycle Action training schools grew out of it - named so for obvious reasons - and the advanced one kept going from 1978 until about 1990.

The ACC never actually funded one single brass razoo.

BRONZ was way, way later than 1977, IIRC. By the time they arrived, I'd run out of energy.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
      Hi Mom...........no real problem with the 85ks...........please no slower tho or i might have to downsize for the real protest ride
      was more the choice of lane we occupied
      Been riding a long time and have to say i found it a little unnerving having cars and at one point a bloody great B Train undertake us as we tootled along...........
      overall a great day and big ups to you guys for gettin things happenin.......cheers.
      The choice of lane is a saftey thing for me as ride organiser.
      The fast lane becomes lane 4 on the bridge and no real need to lane change until we exit.
      Thats why I choose the fast lane, which is a misnomer really aint it, you can go any quicker than 100 kph.
      The Rolling Protest Ride we did last year, we kept the speed at no more than 70kph in the ''fast lane'' and turned out to be to fast for some.
      Once again the Fuzz (police) have no issue at all with our speed. Theres enough lanes for everyone, especially on a Sunday morning.
      Bikemad -
      cheers Maha............get where ya comin from...........at times felt like a sittin duck is all......found myself constantly checkin my left mirror.....when i should really be watchin stuff ahead........curious if anyone else in the left row of bikes experienced the same..........next time will start in the right row......
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
      cheers Maha............get where ya comin from...........at times felt like a sittin duck is all......found myself constantly checkin my left mirror.....when i should really be watchin stuff ahead........curious if anyone else in the left row of bikes experienced the same..........next time will start in the right row......
      It can be difficult at times for sure, and I am the one the finger gets wagged at and thats all good .
      We had a LTNZ approved riding instructor with us on the way in, I spoke to her before we left and at Drury, she didnt mention anything about the ride in but I would more than happy to get her account on what she thought of it, and how things could be improved on if needed.
      Bikemad -
      no worries..........just thinking out loud...........no finger wagging intended.......
      lookin forward to the next action
      Maha -

Photos are in these links.
      Thanks Chap.
      NUTBAR -
      I hate it when that happens. If it is who I I think you are talking about, he would be horrified to think he did not give a good impression. He is a great guy, so I'm sorry if you got a different impression, he was probably just a bit distracted.

I would hate to think of the number of people I have given the flick to today, unintentionally, just because I was so busy and distracted. I guess this has to serve as my apology to them. Sorry guys.

Thank you for coming along to support us. Are you signed up as a member of MAG-NZ? Come along to the next event we hold that you can attend. Come and make the time to introduce yourself to me. Not all of us are KB members, infact there are more than a few members of MAG-NZ I know of that have not even attempted a log on to KB, they either dont want to, or have never heard of this forum...

I know it is easy to think that KB is the only place bikers meet, but the reality is many more bikers are not members of KB than are members.

Sorry you felt out of place. Like I said earlier, we got some stuff wrong, and there are lessons we have learned from today.
      i have met you before, a while ago, you looked realy busy so didnt want to interupt you, said hello to mark though, will definatly catch up with you on way down to taupo on the 5th of november though.,
      Maha -
      You know you have made it when you get a mention in the Motorcycle trader Mag
      Page 94 sees a write up about the Launch and the photograph features Mully/Goonr/Fatt Max/Donor/Tricia/Jafar amoung others but best of all.....
      Motorcycle Trader are subsidising subscriptions by 50% to all members who join MAG-NZ until the end of the year...
      DEVVIL -
      MAG rides to Hamilton GET INVOLVED!!!

28 November · 09:00 - 13:30
      Location12:30pm on Sunday 28th November 2010 REPCO Hamilton (Corner of Angelsea and Rostrevor Streets)Created by:MAG-NZ

MAG New Zealand Incorporated GET INVOLVED
      12:30pm on Sunday 28th November 2010
      REPCO Hamilton
      (Corner of Angelsea and Rostrevor Streets)
      Ride in from:
      BP Autobahn Papakura, Roll out time 9am.
      To The Common Cambridge Town Centre
      Meet at 11am - leave at Midday
      Come along and get involved
      at grass roots level with our
      newest regional branch
      MAG-NZ WAIKATO

MAG-NZ is a 100% voluntary, not for profit organization formed to preserve and protect motorcycling in New
      Zealand. MAG-NZ is a politically neutral organization with no affiliation to any political party or movement.
      We are about the heart and soul of biking, and no matter whether you call yourself a motorcyclist or a biker or
      a supporter, no matter what you ride, on road or off, MAG-NZ welcomes you to our group.
      MAG-NZ is simply pro-biker and stands for anyone's right to enjoy their choice without unfair and unjust laws
      which interfere with that freedom.
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)