Supporting The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation Pink Ribbon Appeal

Sunday 10 October 2010

Meet: 9.30am Auckland Netball Centre car park
    7 Allison Ferguson Drive
    St Johns
    Auckland

Depart: 10.30am sharp.

End: Western Springs Stadium car park

Please note there is a slight variation to the route this year that does not include the motorway

Badges $10.00 (further donations always welcome)

Raffle tickets, spot prizes, sausage sizzle, coffee van

Enquiries: Ph Julez 021 614 646 or visit www.wima.org.nz
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WIMA Auckland 7th Annual Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride Sunday October 10th 2010 started by Lucyloo View original post
    Comments 37 Comments
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
      my first big ride and I was nervous!!!!! I got to meet some fellow KBers - Nutbar, LucyLoo, Mom and Maha of course. Plus some whose names I forgot - dammit I suck at remembering names! Who is the German MAG-NZ guy? I thumped him for dissing Hondas. Funny how a few people figured out who I was
      Was an awesome day with lots of money raised - yay to WIMA - we rock!!
      His online name is Bodir, we think it means cabbage in German...
      But yeah, fanatstic turn out...about 540 bikes/$18,000 odd raised this year.
      All the lights fazed green the whole way, awesome job by the Police.
      Traffic duties went well, car people weren't bothered at all at my point.
      Had to direct a few of them as well.
      And whats with that REPSOL HONDA fulla, I motioned for him to turn right but did he take any notice? nooooooo
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      .... awesome job by the Police.
      Sure was! And to the WIMA team well done! Great day and a great way to raise awareness of such an awful ailment.

I look forward to next year...it was kind of cool blocking the traffic (under police supervision of course)
      hellokitty -
      And whats with that REPSOL HONDA fulla, I motioned for him to turn right but did he take any notice? nooooooo
      Was that Antonio? He was on a Repsol Honda (i think) - had his gf on the back - kept revving it........
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Sure was! And to the WIMA team well done! Great day and a great way to raise awareness of such an awful ailment.

I look forward to next year...it was kind of cool blocking the traffic (under police supervision of course)
      I look forward to next year too - it was cool to be part of such a fun and worthy fundraiser - the WIMA ladies are awesome! I am proud to be a member
      Mom -
      my first big ride and I was nervous!!!!! I got to meet some fellow KBers - Nutbar, LucyLoo, Mom and Maha of course. Plus some whose names I forgot - dammit I suck at remembering names! Who is the German MAG-NZ guy? I thumped him for dissing Hondas. Funny how a few people figured out who I was
      Was an awesome day with lots of money raised - yay to WIMA - we rock!!
      It really was a fantastic day. I got a badge! Thank you. Dont pay attention to Bodir chances are he was only doing Hondas to get to Maha One of the funniest blokes I have met in ages

Geeze Maha, you deserve everything you get

Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post

Wasn't it a fantastic day? I am so knackered My personal thanks has to go to the Police for today. Not only did they stop traffic and facilitate the ride, most of them were busy when I was attempting to catch the ride Fantastic effort WIMA! You all should be very proud of yourselves, and no doubt you will sleep well tonight.

Bring it on for next year!
      Big Dave -
      Some video uploading now - will park it, with the photo set, here:

http://kiwiridermagazine.blogspot.co...bbon-ride.html

Yeah Ma,
      Ping me image # on mail@davidcohen.co.nz and I'll reply with the hi res.
      Lucyloo -
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!
      What a fabulous day and a tremendous amount raised for The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.
      We couldn't have done it with out you!
      Thank you to everyone who attended and an especially big thank you to the guys and gals from MAG NZ who help us out with marshalling and anything else that needed to be done. You are truly marvellous!
      I am so proud to be a part of such a great biking community!

Cheers
      Lucyloo
      xxx
      Maha -
      Was that Antonio? He was on a Repsol Honda (i think) - had his gf on the back - kept revving it........
      Yes that was he.....is that coolest of bike?....
      Antonio -
      He he

I am happy that I didn't listen God knows what would happen on that right turn of yours. Most probably I would be dead and you riding my Repsol

It was an awesome day, we both enjoyed it. people were cool, specially that happy sunny face Mark (AKA Maha )

you rock buddy.
      Antonio -
      Sorry if I caused any noise pollution , I don't like beeping, I prefer revving it 
      That was my first year with Pink Ribbon, I was confused usually bikers rev it, don’t they?!
      It was all Maha’s fault.
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
      Sorry if I caused any noise pollution , I don't like beeping, I prefer revving it 
      That was my first year with Pink Ribbon, I was confused usually bikers rev it, don’t they?!
      It was all Maha’s fault.
      It is always Mahas fault
      Antonio -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      It really was a fantastic day. I got a badge! Thank you. Dont pay attention to Bodir chances are he was only doing Hondas to get to Maha One of the funniest blokes I have met in ages

Geeze Maha, you deserve everything you get

Originally Posted by Maha
      Bodir has got cruise control on his bike , grew up with Honda's and loves Maha
      I don't know what's is going to happen but I am certainly enjoying that
      Maha -
      It was all Maha’s fault.
      A couple of us at the back had good old time on the rev limiter a few times...
      Some snooty blonde in a car waiting to turn right around the Pt Chev area copped a ear full of HNP just cos I could (she had her window open)

HNP= Honda Noise Polution.
      Antonio -
      A couple of us at the back had good old time on the rev limiter a few times...
      Some snooty blonde in a car waiting to turn right around the Pt Chev area copped a ear full of HNP just cos I could (she had her window open)

HNP= Honda Noise Polution.
      I love to do that to disrespectful drivers, I love the look on thier face which tells they just did a little tiny bit of pee in their pants.
      Antonio -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
      It is always Mahas fault
      Look at him, It's hard not to smile when you look at him even with his helmet on

Maha -
      Look at him, It's hard not to smile when you look at him even with his helmet on

Did you see the pic of you guys at the same corner?
      Antonio -
      Did you see the pic of you guys at the same corner?
      Yes I did, I took some shots from the video as well
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)