• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: pirkka1 Yesterday, 06:38 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: SaferRides Yesterday, 23:50 Go to last post
    R650R

A bright idea

Thread Starter: R650R

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13264235/Ministers-launch-review-drivers-dazzled-headlights-survey-reveals-nearly-nine-ten-think-bright.html

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:04 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Kickstart Your Motorbike Journey in Motorcycle Awareness Month

Thread Starter: rastuscat

22 September at the Air Force Museum, Wigram. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A free-entry expo of the newest LAMS bikes from all the brands. And how to progress from no Class 6, to a 6L, then a 6R, and finally to the 6F. The trainers and testers will be on site to answer every question you can dream up,...

Last Post By: rastuscat Yesterday, 22:32 Go to last post
  • MAG-NZ Official Launch Ride (Sun 3 Oct)

MAG-NZ

Official Launch Compass Ride

Sunday October 3rd.
    Drury Performance Tyres
    Great South Road Drury.

*Spot Prizes and B-B-Q*
    Two Helmets/Boots/Leather Jacket/Gloves/125 discount vouchers up to 20%

Come and meet Andrew Stroud and Patrick Mally

This is the first of a series of events that are being organised by MAG-NZ - make sure you tell 10 friends.

The ride comes from all points of the compass North/South/East/West

Assembly Points: Please be there by 10:00am for a 10:30am Departure

: North : Maha/MadDuck/Mom....Leaving From Hooten Park Reserve Oteha Valley Rd

: South : Caseye.......Leaving From BP Papakura (Autobahn)

: East : Fatt Max/Phantasm...Leaving From SHELL Ti Rakau Drive

: West : Bodir.....Leaving From Shell Westgate

: Be at your chosen leaving point by 10am

: Co-ordinated departure times to arrive at Drury Performance Tyres at 11am.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MAG-NZ Official Launch Ride (Sun 3 Oct) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
      Virago -
      Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus View Post
      Why is this not on the front page of KB?
      'Tis now...
      Crazy Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      The spot prizes alone would drag me out bed on a Sunday morning.

Two Helmets/Boots/Leather Jacket/Gloves/125 discount vouchers up to 20%, could even be an extra 100 added depending on the turnout. So everyone stands a real good chance of picking up something.
      Every badge purchase and or paid membership goes into the draw.
      Draw will be done by Andrew Stroud.
      Who is Andrew Stroud ? Does he ride bikes ?

Crazy Steve.
      caseye -
      Many THANKS Virago, this is something that all MAG-NZ members and future supporters should be aware of.We have had help getting this Launch day off the ground.
      In the first instance KB has assisted us imeasurably with front page coverage and by helping us reach all of Kb's many and varied motorcyclists.
      Now we have other organisations assisting us and not just for the next five minutes.
      So come one, come all, have a bit of fun, hear what we are going to be about and how YOU can help MAG-NZ to gow and become a force to be reckoned with.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Steve View Post
      Who is Andrew Stroud ? Does he ride bikes ?

Crazy Steve.
      He rides a KLX450R like you wouldn't beleive!....with a complete set of panniers and heated grips...
      Crazy Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
      Many THANKS Virago, this is something that all MAG-NZ members and future supporters should be aware of.We have had help getting this Launch day off the ground.
      In the first instance KB has assisted us imeasurably with front page coverage and by helping us reach all of Kb's many and varied motorcyclists.
      Now we have other organisations assisting us and not just for the next five minutes.
      So come one, come all, have a bit of fun, hear what we are going to be about and how YOU can help MAG-NZ to gow and become a force to be reckoned with.
      Your riding from BP Papakura to the Drury turn off.........

You south Auckland riders are certainly some hardcore peeps a total of 900mtrs in one ride...

WOWERS ! !

Crazy Steve.
      Hawk -
      have a safe day guys
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      have a safe day guys
      And same to you guys down there. I hope your weatheris as craking great as we have up here. Bit of a chill in the air, and clear blue skies. I have been practising my speech, you lot will enjoy it later on today. Ride safe!
      fliplid -
      Quote Originally Posted by GOONR View Post
      Even the weather is playing nice, should be a goodun
      If the weather keeps up like this, I might have to take off one of me vests!
      Cleaned tinted visor- check...
      Genie -
      Hi all, have an absolutely fantastic Launching Day
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
      Hi all, have an absolutely fantastic Launching Day
      Thank you. There are some very excited people around the place this morning

We have an absolutely stunning day.
      Owl -
      Have a great launch ride Mom!

I'll try to remember to raise a glass of Coke while we're having lunch at Porangahau
      NUTBAR -
      well done mom & maha, great day at the launch,
      however i think kb has changed some what, i must explain, kb used to be a great place to meet people on line as well as at events, i can now understand why new kbers say that they find it hard to meet more kbrs.
      i went to shell west gate to meet up with kbrs to head to the mag launch, i aproched a group of people & asked if they were kbrs at all, yip was all i got,??
      no introductions at all, no attempt to even introduce them selves or any of the other group, so my question is, has kb realy changed or is it just a certain group of kbrs that like keep thems selves secret??
      MSTRS:Me -
      It's always been that way. Prolly 90% of people are not so keen to ID themselves in meatspace...
      Genie -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      It's always been that way. Prolly 90% of people are not so keen to ID themselves in meatspace...
      It's that way in all groups....people are wary, lack of confidence, who's this stranger, lack of trust, personal issues. In some it's just plain rudeness.

Whatever it is, it is rather off putting.
      Owl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
      It's that way in all groups....people are wary, lack of confidence, who's this stranger, lack of trust, personal issues. In some it's just plain rudeness.
      Have we met?.............

I know what you're saying and it's a common issue in Palmy. Fortunately, the Manawatu KB crew are bloody awesome and very friendly toward strangers.
      RiderInBlack -
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
      Had My ID written all over me. Had my KB ACC T-Shirt with RiderInBlack in big letters on the front So if anyone from KB didn't say hi ta me, then that was their problem.
      Well done team MAG-NZ. Now let's see what happens from here.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
      Have we met?.............

I know what you're saying and it's a common issue in Palmy. Fortunately, the Manawatu KB crew are bloody awesome and very friendly toward strangers.
      They certainly are, even though Palmy was voted the most dull place to live in NZ!
      Now, I was born in Palmy and lived there till I was 14 and being back there a few times over the last couple of years, I for one like the place, would I move back there to live? naaaaa, the locals couldn't handle that. But if you're a biker, the social scene is the best you could possibly find to be honest, in fact, you could say they are all psuedo Honda riders...
      Toaster -
      Quote Originally Posted by NUTBAR View Post
      well done mom & maha, great day at the launch,
      however i think kb has changed some what, i must explain, kb used to be a great place to meet people on line as well as at events, i can now understand why new kbers say that they find it hard to meet more kbrs.
      i went to shell west gate to meet up with kbrs to head to the mag launch, i aproched a group of people & asked if they were kbrs at all, yip was all i got,??
      no introductions at all, no attempt to even introduce them selves or any of the other group, so my question is, has kb realy changed or is it just a certain group of kbrs that like keep thems selves secret??
      Quite simple. Dont wait for others to do it. To make friends you need to be friendly. Make the effort, get stuck in, be involved and organise rides etc. Those that matter are those that respond in kind. Those that don't... don't matter.
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Had My ID written all over me. Had my KB ACC T-Shirt with RiderInBlack in big letters on the front So if anyone from KB didn't say hi ta me, then that was their problem.
      Well done team MAG-NZ. Now let's see what happens from here.
      I didn't see you, otherwise I would have gone up to you and said something about your avatar tattoo etc.... and you would have said who are you? lol
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
      Quite simple. Dont wait for others to do it. To make friends you need to be friendly. Make the effort, get stuck in, be involved and organise rides etc. Those that matter are those that respond in kind. Those that don't... don't matter.
      Some people (like me) are very shy and it can come across as rudeness.... I said hi to Mom and got a hug! I met Antonio as well but he knew who I was by my pink jacket. Otherwise I felt shy but that was my fault for not putting myself out there
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 12)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 1)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)