• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: diesel pig Today, 20:37 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: roogazza Today, 16:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Today, 19:08 Go to last post
  • Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club Official Launch / Lunch - NEW DATE - SUNDAY 6TH FEB 2011

THE DATE FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CHANGED TO SUNDAY 6TH FEBRUARY 2011

You are cordially invited to join us as we celebrate the official launch of the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club…..so people, lets do a lunch launch..!!

This will be a gastronomic event of voluptuous proportions based on a traditional meal that has been handed down from fat bastard to fat bastard over the centuries and now resurrected to lick start your waistline for 2011 and beyond.

But first, a little history.

In 1875, a small group of settlers decided that it was time to ditch the bland and unsavory fare of the day and go looking for new and exciting food. Their quest led them to the ancient tomb of King Farquar Crispin, leader of the Colsaunders Tribe, a mysterious race of people who specialized in blending herbs and spices. Deep in the bowels of the tomb they found a fossilized manuscript entitled Potsannagravy which, when interpreted, was in fact a secret recipe for the main diet of the Colsaunders people. This was hastily recreated and scoffed down.

However, the settlers longed for more, and it was almost 200 years later that they discovered a further tribe called the Macdees. Originally form Scotland, the Macdees had a fearsome reputation. Their leader Ron Macdee, was renowned for squashing whole cows into a round shape that was then placed on the ceremonial grill and served to his faithful warriors. Again, the settlers resurrected the ancient recipe and called it ‘The Pounder’ after Ron Macdee’s squashing activities. The settlers realized that a full cow was far too much to eat in one sitting so they divided it into quarters and threw in some cheese to keep the flies away.

These discoveries led to the famous meal of King Farquar Crispin’s Potsannagravy (KFC Potatoes and Gravy) followed by the divided Pounder of the Macdees tribe (Macdonalds Quarter Pounder).

So people, we will be launching the FBMC with a 3 course traditional lunch starting with Potatoes and Gravy (with spicy chips) at KFC followed by a trip to MacDonalds for a Quarter Pounder and finishing up with a desert pie on the beach (or where ever)

These are the details for the Auckland event:

Meet at KFC Quay Street at 11.00am for a scoff down at 11.30.

Then ride (but I suppose we should walk, they are next to each other) to McDonalds Quay Street for a quarter pounder.
    Then ride (no walking this time) to Mission Bay via a loop of Quay Street / Beach Road / The Strand / Tamaki Drive to Mission Bay where we have our desert pie, talk some bollocks and what ever else.

This is a national event and the idea is for those all around this great country to get on board and do the same. You can find your local KFC and McD’s on these links:

http://www.kfc.co.nz/index.cfm?contentNodeID=433

http://mcdonalds.co.nz/find-us/restaurant

Remember to bring your bike, a camera and your choice of desert pie

That’s that. Hope you can make it. See you for lunch…
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club Official Launch / Lunch Event - Saturday 29th January 2011 started by Fatt Max View original post
    Comments 78 Comments
      Fatt Max -
      IMPORTANT NEWS

There has been a bit of feedback surrounding this event along the lines of "Well, you know, I'm not really a Fat Biker, so....."

Help is at hand people, simply get yourselves one of these:

http://www.allfancydress.com/Fancy-D...r-Costume.aspx

.....and problem solved......
      FJRider -
      and you may get the overwhelming urge whilst wearing it ... to start singing Y.M.C.A. ...
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
      and you may get the overwhelming urge whilst wearing it ... to start singing Y.M.C.A. ...
      No costume is required for this to happen......trust me on that one
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      No costume is required for this to happen......trust me on that one
      Aha, know you would get it my lovely....

Be great to see if anyone turns up with one though eh.....eh...eh....
      skinman -
      bad news max, i have to go to the Galaxy of Cars at Motat that day. No pies for me.
      Pogo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Oooh I say, my tiddly bits are twitching with excitement over this one.

Has anyone had a thought about what desert pie they are going to bring? I'm not too sure myself so am after some decent ideas on this one.

Either that or a piece of nice cake......ooohhhhh
      Custard pies.. not the yellow jelly shit ones. The real vanilla custard ones are the way to go. Found a bakery in Gled Eden that sells the old fashioned type.

Pure heaven. Shit now I'll have to go a buy some tomorrow!!
      Ratti -
      Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
      You'll be glad to hear I am doing a special world cup pork pie run for the England fans in Dunedin when they play Bosnia or whoever it is. If you can't make it down maybe I will send some up to the clubrooms ?

Attachment 227436Attachment 227437Attachment 227438
      One of my customers makes a mean pork pie. WOnder if I can con him into doing us a batch?

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
      Fat girl thin girl tall girl short girl trapped girl out there girl religious girl gutter girl (sigh)

What matters is as long as she "is" a girl!

Love girls (focussed on one special for last 50 years, does it all for me!)

love bikes

love bloody pies (their gluten doesn't love me though! )

Love talking shit! (got all the qualifications for a fat biker then! Hmmmm must reconsider invitation! Thinking, thinking, thinking ....)
      I can do you gluten free pie, #3 son is gluten intolerant and I am an expert GF baker. pm me and I'll send you some recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeousplak View Post
      I have waited for this day on KB..
      however the Waitangi Day I shall be eating pots of pork bone boilups, puha and lots of parkyha's (mmm yummy and I think they taste nicer than bros in brown sugar). Unless I can talk the boss, to give me an honorable Maori Day Off on Monday in honour of Waitangi Day, then I could arrange to be there with thick waist and big hips with pies in saddle bags!
      come down the road to the Welly meet.

I propose starting at Maccas in Mana, over the hill to KFC Avalon, then into town for dessert at a bar or cafe ( open to suggestions on that one )
      Any takers please let me know, otherwise I'll stay home and sulk
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post
      Any takers please let me know, otherwise I'll stay home and sulk
      Now a "True" FBMC member would go and eat for everyone....
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Now a "True" FBMC member would go and eat for everyone....
      Aha, you have been tickled with the FBMC wisdom feather.....
      NighthawkNZ:Me -
      MMMMMMMMmmmmm pie
      Ratti -
      hmmm..

Ok, anyone who wants to come along but cant, register your interest and I'll see what I can do to represent you.

Will I get a medal if I can do the deed?

What we need is teeny tank stickers, a pie with a circle around it and a big slash across the middle, liek the ones you can get to tick off possums you have run over
      Fatt Max -
      hmmm..

Ok, anyone who wants to come along but cant, register your interest and I'll see what I can do to represent you.

Will I get a medal if I can do the deed?

What we need is teeny tank stickers, a pie with a circle around it and a big slash across the middle, liek the ones you can get to tick off possums you have run over
      Loving that idea, although rather than a pie I would sooner have the Jenny Craig logo with a line through it to show how many of their farking annoying reps you have run down....either that or a bowl of salad
      Ratti -
      nooo, leave the salad alone. What would us vegos do without salad?
      allycatz -
      Hey Ratti, having split the arse on me jeans on the way back from Palmy last weekend, I feel I may qualify to join you
      NighthawkNZ:Me -
      nooo, leave the salad alone. What would us vegos do without salad?
      Whats sal-lard... ???
      Stirts -
      A salad is a hamburger without the bun, patty, and all the condiments ..... just plain wrong!!
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
      A salad is a hamburger without the bun, patty, and all the condiments ..... just plain wrong!!
      ...and should be illegal....
      Ratti -
      Stirts is onto it, just think of it as the extra stuff you guys dont want anyway.
      Jack Sprat could eat no fat
      His wife could eat no lean
      and so ( something something something )
      they licked the platter clean.

Now there is another idea...plate licking competitions. Regional reps going forward to a national Plate-Off
      Fatt Max -
      Stirts is onto it, just think of it as the extra stuff you guys dont want anyway.
      Jack Sprat could eat no fat
      His wife could eat no lean
      and so ( something something something )
      they licked the platter clean.

Now there is another idea...plate licking competitions. Regional reps going forward to a national Plate-Off
      In London that has an entirely different meaning which I shall not revisit, we have ladies present....

But, I reckon a similar compo could be Bikers Have Bowls......make a cake and its a "Who Can lick their bowl the fastest" challenge. Us bikers will be settled into a spectator role watching it all go off with a final "LicK Out" to decide the evbetual winner....now that could be an event to cherish::::
      Chaos_Warrior -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      In London that has an entirely different meaning which I shall not revisit, we have ladies present....

But, I reckon a similar compo could be Bikers Have Bowls......make a cake and its a "Who Can lick their bowl the fastest" challenge. Us bikers will be settled into a spectator role watching it all go off with a final "LicK Out" to decide the evbetual winner....now that could be an event to cherish::::
      Alas, I started a sodding diet in November last year, due to, get this, me having to reduce my BMI for immigration purposes and to satisfy their conditional requirements, bastards !!!
      That being the case, me and my partner (Wife) would still like to come along for the ride, (so to speak ) and promise not to over the food, too much.
      Would this be ok please ?
      Regards,
      Chaos.