• Auckland MAG-NZ Charity Ride for Aria - Sunday 20th February 2011

Charity Ride for Aria.

Your $20.00 per person attending the ride, will give Aria more much needed funds. It will also get you in a draw for a Pukekohe Track Day Experience. as well as lunch in The Beer Garden at the Bay View Hotel in Kaiaua.

Sunday 20th Feb 2011

Gathering at Compass Point venues across Auckland, at 10.30am for an 11.00am ride off down the motorways to DPC in Drury, approximate arrival time 12 O'clock.

Hooten Park Reserve - Othea Valley Road for the Northerners;
    Shell Westgate for the West;
    Shell Tirakau Drive for the East;
    Last but not least The Autobahn Cafe BP Service Centre Southern Motorway Papakura for the Souths (go the South).

Leave DPC by 12.30 after handing over our collected money for Aria. Then on to the Bay View Hotel in Kaiaua for our beer garden lunch and a gathering of the MAG-NZ faithful and new members.

This is not a protest ride in any way shape or form, it is an opportunity to repay a kindness and a reason for gathering as many MAG-NZ members and newbies from the regions as we can together for some simple fun and recreation.

Yes we know this event is on the same day as the Paeroa Street races, there are already 12-15 riders heading up from Hamilton, there could well be a lot more coming from there, as well as confirmed numbers from all over the Auckland area.

This is for a little girl and her family, and for us as riders to simply get out and enjoy each other's company, any level of skills will be accommodated - no racing, no showing off, just pure simple riding pleasure.

Go here for further details and to sign on as a rider/contributor:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-2-20&c=all

Please check this out and put your name on the bottom if attending.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Auckland MAG-NZ Charity Ride for Aria - Sunday 20th February 2011 started by caseye View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      PrincessBandit -
      Was a great ride and a perfect day for it. Enjoyed a cool drink and lunch at the pub in the shade, then headed back to home.

I've never been a fan of the bendy bits around Cashmores bridge(s) coming into Kawakawa Bay, but doing it for the first time in a clockwise direction - heading to Kaiaua - was a lot more enjoyable.

I believe we had 28 bikes including 14 from Waikato and while it would have been nice to have more of us, it was a nice sized group.

Will leave it up to others to fill in more, I'm sure caseye will do the honours!
      caseye -
      Well, WHAT A FLAM'N RIPPER OF A DAY!
      The Far Southeians of Hamilton arrived with the Waikato MAg-NZ and the LOR group and many thanks to Milan and his helpers for making sure such a good sized group attended.
      As for the Dorkland group,well we just made enough members that I didn't have to eat my hat. It was a draw to be fair, actual numbers ended up as 14 each, though I could have pulled the ol , yeah but two guys went home from the start point.
      Weather, Check.
      Numbers, Check.
      Enough raffle books, Check.
      A raffle drawer, in the form of Alan Wright of Drury tyres, Check and thanks again Alan.
      A Winner for the Pukekohe Track day Experience, Check. our very own Ripper roo, well done that man.Thanks again also to Anthony Wright of Drury Tyres and Drury Performance Centre for the prize.
      A faultless(well) ride to The bay View Hotel, through some of the best twisty roads the East has to offer.
      Lunch(Schnapper, chips, fresh bread,tartare sauce and train smash) what more could a starving biker ask for.Yeah I know a cold beer, Check.
      Some good yarns spun around the many tables that we occupied, sitting there in the shade of some beautiful trees and umberellas alongside our bikes for those of us who took them around the back.
      The bay View Hotel is an awesome establishment and have looked after MAG-NZ exceptionally well today, many thanks to Christine and her staff for their hospitality and the great food and cold drinks, enjoyed by all.
      While today of all days was rather quiet in regards to numbers of riders showing up for the Aria Charity Ride.
      It proved once again that a bunch of riders can make things happen for others and that they are as generous as any other member of society , more so if you ask me.
      I was pleased with the attitude and the incredible friendliness of all of those attending, we had LOR's of Hamilton.
      MAG-NZ's Hamilton Contingent.
      The MAG-NZ (09)'ers, Auckland MAG.
      Hamilton Ulysses.
      Auck;land Ulysses.
      I believe at least one HOG rider.
      As well as many individuals who know of Aria and who simply came along to day and gave their money and their time to helping her out.
      We had many dofferent typoes of bikes today, including a very special SPYDER, this machine is going to be going from cape reianga to bluff later in the year and is presently sponsored by a number of small to medium businesses and individuals, all monies raised are going to kids, so once again a worthy ideal.
      I'd like MAG-NZ (09) and all the others to have their names on this machine before she takes off, so lets see what we can do about getting them some serious sponsorship.
      Trumpies, including a Rocket 3 a Thunderbird, a Bonnie or two.
      A very nice Victory.
      No Harleys? humm, no wonder there was all this waving going on aye.
      Plenty of the usual suspects, Kwaka's, Spewsuki's Jam jars and Nonda's.
      All in all a great day, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who came along today, you guys and girls made me proud to be able to give Aria a significant amount of money today and to have ridden with you all.
      I look forward to the next MAG-NZ ride and to seeing you all there along with many more new faces.
      I'd also like to thank the boys here at KB for allwoing MAG-NZ to have the thread in almost it's entieriety up on the home page for the last few of weeks, without your continued support MAG-NZ would still be a long way from the size it is already and from having the many wonderful people that have been attracted to us through your bloody fantastic web site.
      Hope I haven't forgotten anyone and thanks again to you all for making this a fantastic day.

Cheers you lot yer awesome.
      Caseye.
      PS special thanks to my ride Leader Nevville, te he he na it's DEVVIL, really and to ourwonderful Hamilton Ulysseian young Jim for taking TEC, between them the boys made sure we was all corralled and branded good.
      NONONO -
      Good on yer Cas...
      Bloody bendy bits,scared the shit out of me and the Rocket...as for Devills comment about the gravel and sand, "well it wasn't there last time I rode this way"...........all I can say is NEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
      DEVVIL -
      Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
      Good on yer Cas...
      Bloody bendy bits,scared the shit out of me and the Rocket...as for Devills comment about the gravel and sand, "well it wasn't there last time I rode this way"...........all I can say is NEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Townie on a Remuera Tractor
      Will have to do again, NONONO you can lead next time
      Sis -
      I popped in at Kaiaua from south as I was doing a previous engagement thingy but you weren't there yet so I headed on home. That was me going in the opposite direction
      Shame . I could've raised the Auckland numbers by another one
      caseye -
      Saw Ya! right at the Kawakawa bay turn off from the Lost valley. Knew it was you straight away, that nonda is very distinctive.
      had a great day Sis, pity we wern't quite there yet. when you were.
      Be seeing you on Wednesday I'd imagine.
      Hmmm -
      We enjoyed the run guys and the company and food were good too. However, (call me naive) I was disapointed to hear some figures indicating little Aria only got about $100 or so??? I don't believe any money should have gone to MAG NZ and I would have been happy to buy my lunch as well so that the full $20 could have gone to the little girl. How many of you who attended realized the money collected was being split in this way.
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
      We enjoyed the run guys and the company and food were good too. However, (call me naive) I was disapointed to hear some figures indicating little Aria only got about $100 or so??? I don't believe any money should have gone to MAG NZ and I would have been happy to buy my lunch as well so that the full $20 could have gone to the little girl. How many of you who attended realized the money collected was being split in this way.
      Serious question:
      Was that not pointed out at any time?
      Mom -
      I am the President of MAG-NZ.org. I am surprised that it was not made clear how the money paid on the day was to be distributed, to the people taking part in the ride. Personally, I was unaware of the breakdown of money raised on this ride, and how it was to be distributed. I will be looking into it in a bit more detail though. Given the amount raised in total, I would hope that I can influence a decision to waive the money intended to go to MAG by the organisers, so it goes to Aria instead.

Obviously communication is something that needs to be worked on.

Sorry you were not aware of what was happening.
      Nasty -
      I would have thought the normal thing would be what other rides do - take out the costs - e.g. badges and the rest going to the charity. I am sure that Mom will sort this out as she has indicated.
      PrincessBandit -
      Brave little Aria has lost her battle. My daughter rang me late morning to tell me the sad news.

For a little girl of 5 years she touched so many people and I know Hamish and Anita (her mum and dad) have been so humbled by the thousands of people who have followed their blog and supported their family in countless ways.

The last few entries in her blog at www.aria.org have indicated that Aria's health was on the decline but it was still incredibly sad to read the entry today that she simply had no more fight left in her wee body.

Kind people here on kiwibiker have also shown their kindness and support to the MacDonald family and I know they have appreciated every loving act of family, friends and strangers in their hurculean fight for their daughter's life.
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
      Brave little Aria has lost her battle. My daughter rang me late morning to tell me the sad news.

For a little girl of 5 years she touched so many people and I know Hamish and Anita (her mum and dad) have been so humbled by the thousands of people who have followed their blog and supported their family in countless ways.

The last few entries in her blog at www.aria.org have indicated that Aria's health was on the decline but it was still incredibly sad to read the entry today that she simply had no more fight left in her wee body.

Kind people here on kiwibiker have also shown their kindness and support to the MacDonald family and I know they have appreciated every loving act of family, friends and strangers in their hurculean fight for their daughter's life.
      Poor little buggar I saw it on the news, she had it rough, at least there is no more suffering for her and for her parents (who had to watch her suffer).
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)