• Most Active Threads

    Yow Ling

    The Bucket Foundry

    Thread Starter: Yow Ling

    The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far. Im...

    Last Post By: speedpro Yesterday, 23:09 Go to last post
    pete-blen

    Canterbury Trail Rides?

    Thread Starter: pete-blen

    Anyone thinking of doing the Lees Valley / Glenburn ride on the 1st.. I'm hopeing to make it.... http://www.myrides.co.nz/trail-rides-xidc53532.html

    Last Post By: Kickaha Today, 18:24 Go to last post
    JATZ

    Jatz's travels

    Thread Starter: JATZ

    Hello :wavey: I thought it was about time I started posting some trip stuff again. It's been a while, and I've been clocking up a few K's and been on a bit of a journey :yeah: so thought I'd share with the group I'll start with my trip to the Brass and beyond and may add some other stuff as it...

    Last Post By: Joburble Today, 20:32 Go to last post
    Laava

    1972/3 Honda SL125 x 2 rebuild

    Thread Starter: Laava

    So I have had this old SL125 in the shed for years and it used to run ok but I couldn't get the points cover screws out so when it needed a tune up, it just got left to sit. I dont name my bikes or give them a male or female status, but this bike was called Peanut. I can't remember why... Anyhow,...

    Last Post By: Laava Today, 18:51 Go to last post
    Al Bundy 4eva!

    Over confident as a new rider

    Thread Starter: Al Bundy 4eva!

    I'm into my 7th month of riding, I ride every day, I noticed this week I'm becoming more confident or should I say riskier. Told myself twice to tone it down, for some dumb reason my actions don't listen to my thoughts. It's like having an angel and a devil on each shoulder, and the devil's...

    Last Post By: Corse1 Today, 17:29 Go to last post
  • Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March)

    Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride


    DATE: Saturday March 19th.
    LEAVE TIME: 10:30am from Dairy Flat BP on the Northern Motorway.
    ARRIVAL TIME: 11:30 am at the Muddy Waters Tavern in Mercer
    DONATION: $10 per Bike

    With tributes and support coming in from around the world, now is the time to show how much we care about our own.
    There are thousands of Kiwis in Christchurch that need assistance now more than ever.
    A cash donation from bikers in the North Island will indeed help some of those who are going through desperate times.
    All we are asking for is a $10 donation from each Bike.
    Donations to made on the day but if you cant make it or would prefer, a bank account number is avaliable below.
    The Appeal funds collected will be forwarded to the Salvation Army Earthquake appeal.

    In true Kiwibiker tradition, we urge bikers from the Waikato/BOP/ King Country and everywhere in between and beyond to get in and show your support and generosity for those devastated by the Christchurch Earthquake.

    :Fatt Max will donate a couple of 'Blooze Yeah' albums as spot prizes.

    :Bank account for donations if you cant attend the ride - Use CHCH Quake as the reference please and add you online name.

    M G James
    010414-0050681-00
    Bank is ANZ


    You can register here.....http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...011-3-19&c=all
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride (Sat 19 March) started by Maha View original post
    Comments 139 Comments
    1. SpankMe's Avatar
      SpankMe -
      The TV is often announcing charity events for CHCH. Have you guys talked to the TV channels to get them to announce this one?
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
      The TV is often announcing charity events for CHCH. Have you guys talked to the TV channels to get them to announce this one?
      That will be happening, Anne has an extensive media contacts list. There are offers coming in on a daily bases. A stunt rider offered a show for free on the day, I declinded that offer for now. I want to keep this simple as possible. There could room for such and event at another time though.
      I am going to use Kiwibiker as a major supporter for this event ok?
    1. RiderInBlack's Avatar
      RiderInBlack -
      Will be there.
    1. RiderInBlack's Avatar
      RiderInBlack -
      Hope ya don't mind Maha, but I have added it as an Event on Facebook here Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001123112755#!/event.php?eid=156574781062868 ". Hope that is ok.
      Doug
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Hope ya don't mind Maha, but I have added it as an Event on Facebook here Christchurch Quake Appeal Ride "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001123112755#!/event.php?eid=156574781062868 ". Hope that is ok.
      Doug
      Cheers Doug, Anne is at a meeting in Wellington with a number of other bike groups today and hopefully by now they will all know this.
    1. Big Dave's Avatar
      Big Dave -
      Harold has a page too.
      One of you organisers:

      http://www.nzherald.co.nz/christchur...ectid=10708713
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Done...the easy way..copy and paste the opening post...

      Well its up, click on the link at it takes you to the registration page...
    1. Big Dave's Avatar
      Big Dave -
      Maha - I think now this is becoming national we (Kiwirider) should just give a cash donation instead. Seems better taste? Good idea when it was needing a boost.

      Delete it from the banner if you agree - leave it and it will be honoured.
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      Maha - I think now this is becoming national we (Kiwirider) should just give a cash donation instead. Seems better taste? Good idea when it was needing a boost.

      Delete it from the banner if you agree - leave it and it will be honoured.
      Cash is good Dave thank you...I was trying to keep away from the time incured with raffles/spot prizes, though would have greatfully accepted the KR offer.
      So ok, I will delete it from the banner and add KR as a supporter.
    1. hellokitty's Avatar
      hellokitty -
      Should be a great ride.

      Wish I could come, but am taking a fellow KBer to sit her BHS test that day at the same time... which is all good as she will support the future charity rides!!! (well she does anyway but in the future she will ride her own bike)
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
      Should be a great ride.

      Wish I could come, but am taking a fellow KBer to sit her BHS test that day at the same time... which is all good as she will support the future charity rides!!! (well she does anyway but in the future she will ride her own bike)
      Shall I put you down for ten bucks anyway....
    1. Big Dave's Avatar
      Big Dave -
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
    1. Mom's Avatar
      Mom -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
      Bikers Ride to suport Quake Victims.

      Bikers Unite for Quake Appeal.

      Motorcyclists Unite for Quake Appeal. *Meh*

      Bikers ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.

      Motorcyclists ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Perhaps the Media could run with this...

      Motorcyclists ride in support of people affected by the Christchurch Earth Quake.

      Either way, I am not bothered. What matters to me the most is that the turn out is overwhelming and that we can raise a shit load of money to hand over to the Sallies.
    1. RiderInBlack's Avatar
      RiderInBlack -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
      Nothing wrong with Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides . Leave it be and lets all get behind the rides, because it is not about us, it's about Cantab needing our help. Maha if ya need help on the day give me a text on 027 4534020 OK. I don't care who's running it as long as it happens and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.
    1. Fatt Max's Avatar
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Either way, I am not bothered. What matters to me the most is that the turn out is overwhelming and that we can raise a shit load of money to hand over to the Sallies.
      That personifies the spirit and intention of this ride mate, well done, big respect.

      As for the petty bollocks about 'whose ride is this'......I used the words petty bollocks didnt I..!!
    1. Fatt Max's Avatar
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
      These rides should be called the 'United Bikers' or 'United Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal Rides. - ?
      Are you saying bikers are not usually united.....

      As long as its not "Manchester United" then that will be fine by me eh
    1. Big Dave's Avatar
      Big Dave -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Nothing wrong with Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides . Leave it be and lets all get behind the rides, because it is not about us, it's about Cantab needing our help. Maha if ya need help on the day give me a text on 027 4534020 OK. I don't care who's running it as long as it happens and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.
      Do go on.

      It's just easier to promote with a name or a headline - tag. Particularly to the 90% who aren't following on KB.

      Edit.

      Got it - 'Calling All Motorcyclists' Quake Appeal rides or

      'Calling All Riders'
      Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides.

      Maha's call anyway.
    1. hellokitty's Avatar
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Shall I put you down for ten bucks anyway....
      No worries $10 it is...
    1. Maha's Avatar
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
      Nothing wrong with Christchurch Quake Appeal Rides . Leave it be and lets all get behind the rides, because it is not about us, it's about Cantab needing our help. Maha if ya need help on the day give me a text on 027 4534020 OK. I don't care who's running it as long as it happens and we raise funds for the Cantabs. Their need far out ways any other issues. When these rides happen I would like us to say we did them together as NZ'ers for NZ'ers.
      Thank you Doug, yes I will need a hand with ride control at the front.
      I have it quite clear in my mind how the ride will pan out (speed/lane choice/where to change lanes etc) so perhaps if yourself and Kelvin/Al or whoever is coming down from the north can help with that?
      I had six ride controllers on the last one (360 bikes) but we were going through the City and needed that amount. Not so much on this ride.