• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: TZ350 Yesterday, 20:00 Go to last post
    The_Dover

South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Thread Starter: The_Dover

Alright then you homo's in order to save a 100km round trip to the Albany Pub and avoid the attention of the filth I'm organising a South Auckland Thursday Night Ride. Organising being a loose description. I have a route in mind, sadly I don't know where the pubs are around south yet but I will...

Last Post By: caseye Yesterday, 21:34 Go to last post
    Fresh Oats

So.... had my first tyre blowout....

Thread Starter: Fresh Oats

My own stupid stupid stupid fault. I knew the tyre pressure was getting low, I was meaning to check it. I could even feel it slipping when going around corners so I had a conscious decision that today was going to be the day. Complete forgot, nek minute *boom* followed by a hefty fishtail on a...

Last Post By: Taxythingy Yesterday, 22:18 Go to last post
    scracha

2019 Cliffhanger Hill Climb (road)

Thread Starter: scracha

23 & 24th March Cliffhanger Road Hill Climb All motorcycles and sidecars welcome. Free spectating and camping. Competitors: Saturday $100, Sunday $125 or $175 both days (entries after 1st Feb are priced higher) More details here:-...

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 09:21 Go to last post
    Morgan

Project : French road racer in New Zealand had questions !

Thread Starter: Morgan

Hi everybody, I'm a 32 french road racer. I would like to come in New Zealand in 2019 with my family to race on the Cemetary circuit. My project is not very simple... My friend Fabrice Miguet expected to come this year, but unfortunately, he died at the Ulster GP in July. His dream was to race...

Last Post By: sidecar bob Yesterday, 19:49 Go to last post
    HEsch

Helmet lifespan?

Thread Starter: HEsch

How long would you anticipate a helmet to last, sans crashes or impact? Do you replace on a time schedule (ie, every 5 years), or kms travelled (I don't know, but, maybe 25 or 50,000kms?). Or use some other form of measurement to determine a new one is needed?

Last Post By: pritch Today, 11:35 Go to last post
    arpa

Yamaha XV500 project- piston ring question

Thread Starter: arpa

Hi All, I drifting further and further in my recently obtained Yamaha, as it has more issues than I expected. Engine apart, replacement crankshaft and con rods on the way from Ebay, also crankshaft bearings as well.. as is usual, I started to think about replacing all parts which is accessible now,...

Last Post By: arpa Today, 06:55 Go to last post
    rudolph

Converting an oil injection CCI system to premix

Thread Starter: rudolph

I use to own Yamaha DT 175s and an AG175 in my younger days, and been wanting something like that for a wile, I got the other day a 1984 YZ250 witch has a Suzuki TS185 motor shoehorned into it, it has the CCI injection removed witch feeds the LH main bearing witch now has lots of play, got another...

Last Post By: rudolph Yesterday, 17:12 Go to last post
    Statek

Brand new to bikes in West Auckland

Thread Starter: Statek

Hi guys, I've ridden a bike a few times around 20 years ago, but since then, other then riding scooters overseas, I've never contemplated on riding in Auckland due to being extremely aware of how terribly unaware most drivers tend to be. With traffic getting really bad this year, and changing...

Last Post By: nzspokes Yesterday, 21:10 Go to last post