• Most Active Threads

Yow Ling

The Bucket Foundry

Thread Starter: Yow Ling

The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far. Im...

Last Post By: ken seeber Today, 00:38 Go to last post
    1vanvan1

Tag-o-rama (Auckland)

Thread Starter: 1vanvan1

Wellington is playing it, The guys in the Adventure forum are. So why can't Aucklanders play it. It seems like a bit of fun and an excuse to go for a ride!!! http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=107 Join the group, Read the rules, And start playing. Lets make this big! We...

Last Post By: aws Yesterday, 14:31 Go to last post
    rocketman1

What mid sized Adventure bike should I buy

Thread Starter: rocketman1

I would like an honest opinion of what midsized USED adventure bike I should buy. 650-900cc Must be comfortable , vibe free, reliable, not too high a seat height, 830mm max. Preferably comments from those that have ridden many mid sized bikes. I do 90% of my riding on sealed roads, as...

Last Post By: Ginge09 Yesterday, 23:18 Go to last post
    JanBros

2-stroke excel for ports, heads and pipes

Thread Starter: JanBros

My 2-stroke spreadsheet is ready (for now at least), so I'm throwing it on the net so everybody can use it. It contains pages for ports, the head and FOS pipe On the seperate ports pages (exhaust and transfer), it calculates the STA numbers (Specific Time.Area) of your ports and you can matcch...

Last Post By: casal-fan Today, 05:17 Go to last post
    dangerous

bringing a 30yr old KDX back to life

Thread Starter: dangerous

well... goes like this, scored a 89 KDX200 of a mate, he is the 2nd owner and didn't use it much, in fact its sat dormant for several years 3-5 since it was last started... soooo I was expecting a few issues, like on fire up crank seals etc would or could tear open, and id be in for a major rebuild...

Last Post By: scott411 Yesterday, 18:09 Go to last post
    Roki_nz

12,000 KM a year commute - Will a 150 handle it for 3+ years

Thread Starter: Roki_nz

TLDR - Will a small 150CC such as a Yamaha YZF-R15 or Susuki GSX150 handle 12000 KM worth of commuting each year for 3+ years? Cheers Hello Its' been a long time since I've owned a motor bike and I'm getting sick of forking out close to $500 each month in fuel and parking for a car when I...

Last Post By: Roki_nz Yesterday, 23:55 Go to last post
    rudolph

1986 yamaha xt600 tenere

Thread Starter: rudolph

I have a friends 1986 yamaha xt600 tenere that someone had hacked all the loom out completely, I have wired everything up now apart from connecting the CDI unit to the engines source and trigger coils, I was trying to avoid removing the engine cover but could someone make sense of the different...

Last Post By: Drew Yesterday, 16:58 Go to last post
    rabbyrascal

GN250 Clutch Problems

Thread Starter: rabbyrascal

My delightful 2005 GN250 has recently been giving me a bit of grief with clunky gear engagement and slipping under throttle. I suspect the clutch has come to the end of its tough life and needs to be replaced. There is a huge amount of information posted around the internet by passionate (and...

Last Post By: Bonez Yesterday, 10:42 Go to last post