• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: TZ350 Today, 12:54 Go to last post
    Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: Drew Yesterday, 16:43 Go to last post
    Zukin

Setting up for adventure riding

Thread Starter: Zukin

Hi again Now as you all know I am a novice when it comes to this, so again I ask for wisdom and advice! I have made a list of things I need (or want) in some sort order, am I on the right track? Please feel free to add or move things in your replies (it is for 2 bikes & riders), and imagine...

Last Post By: Laava Yesterday, 21:43 Go to last post
    TZ350

Speeduino 2T EFI Project

Thread Starter: TZ350

Moving on from Ecotrons, and Ecotrons is past history now I am moving forward with a Speeduino for my 2T two stroke EFI project. https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino The mission is to find a way of taking a MAP value from the varying pressures in my two stroke crankcase so I can use...

Last Post By: TZ350 Yesterday, 20:04 Go to last post
    HenryDorsetCase

Honda CB750 SOHC

Thread Starter: HenryDorsetCase

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/auction-1606160600.htm?rsqid=bbfba3c03032406099ac4bd3c9d9c5cb So. now I have bought one again, it appears as if the bloody things are everywhere! Does anybody want to club together and do a deal on this stuff? Prefer...

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Today, 13:25 Go to last post
    scracha

2019 Cliffhanger Hill Climb (road)

Thread Starter: scracha

23 & 24th March Cliffhanger Road Hill Climb All motorcycles and sidecars welcome. Free spectating and camping. Competitors: Saturday $100, Sunday $125 or $175 both days (entries after 1st Feb are priced higher) More details here:-...

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 09:04 Go to last post
    Fresh Oats

So.... had my first tyre blowout....

Thread Starter: Fresh Oats

My own stupid stupid stupid fault. I knew the tyre pressure was getting low, I was meaning to check it. I could even feel it slipping when going around corners so I had a conscious decision that today was going to be the day. Complete forgot, nek minute *boom* followed by a hefty fishtail on a...

Last Post By: Swoop Yesterday, 20:59 Go to last post
    arpa

Yamaha XV500 project- piston ring question

Thread Starter: arpa

Hi All, I drifting further and further in my recently obtained Yamaha, as it has more issues than I expected. Engine apart, replacement crankshaft and con rods on the way from Ebay, also crankshaft bearings as well.. as is usual, I started to think about replacing all parts which is accessible now,...

Last Post By: arpa Today, 07:33 Go to last post
    Mike.Gayner

Where to buy steel

Thread Starter: Mike.Gayner

I'm getting more into welding/fabrication as a hobby and am just progressing past the stage of working on offcuts and scraps. But I have no idea where to buy steel (box, tube, sheet) for reasonable prices. I'm in Tauranga. Ta.

Last Post By: Mike.Gayner Today, 10:11 Go to last post
    rudolph

Converting an oil injection CCI system to premix

Thread Starter: rudolph

I use to own Yamaha DT 175s and an AG175 in my younger days, and been wanting something like that for a wile, I got the other day a 1984 YZ250 witch has a Suzuki TS185 motor shoehorned into it, it has the CCI injection removed witch feeds the LH main bearing witch now has lots of play, got another...

Last Post By: husaberg Yesterday, 18:33 Go to last post