View RSS Feed

klingon's Blog

Volty does Papatoetoe

Rate this Entry
My last ride on Volty was yesterday. Rode from Mt Albert to Papatoetoe to visit the SV rider's parents, following the SV all the way. Found the SV's LED tail-lights rather hypnotic and had to remember to look past it instead of just following the pretty lights.

The SV rider was very considerate and didn't try to lose me this time (required a lecture before we started though).

Got to Papatoetoe and discovered that the TL (Big Red) and the Vespa (Bella) had the same idea so all bikes sat outside and had a gossip while the riders went inside and drank tea. Neighbours probably thought it was a bike gang HQ. Must get the Olds a roll of barbed wire to put on top of their fence to complete the look.

Bella's rider was wearing thin cotton pants and sandals - nice in the heat but made me nervous to see her ride away into the traffic. Felt very safe sweating away in my boots & jacket.

Ride home was fun - got a rolling start at one set of lights and sped ahead of the SV for all of about 2 metres. Picked up a tailgater on Great North Road and did the 'learner wobble' to scare them back a bit. Saw the concerned look on the back of the SV rider's helmet as he watched me in his mirrors and thought I'd gone nuts.

Wanted to keep riding all day. One day I will.

Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to Digg Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to del.icio.us Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to StumbleUpon Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to Google Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to reddit Submit "Volty does Papatoetoe" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments