View RSS Feed

all4A50s newbie experience

Finally...

Rate this Entry
Ikasu is running fantastically. Last week I replaced the fork seals and cleaned up the master cylinder. Thank god I did as it's what saved me from certain disaster and great placings during the carnage last Sunday:

First fun race; I finished first from getting a great start, where I was able to shoot ahead of everyone else. #808 did pass me on the last lap but I was able to brake later than him on the last corner. I nearly ended up trying to merge with the back of another bike though!

The first points race; Finished seventh, due to nearly merging with a scooter on the first corner, then got bounced onto the centre tyres and riding along the wrong side of the track before I could brake. All I could think of was the amount of carnage with five bikes about to head towards me. this was followed by another near merge with another bike at the other end of the track a lap and a half later. Hmmm, had I had two more lapse I probably could have got a better place. What a rush though and this have given me more confidence in passing people.

Second fun race; Came second with a couple of close scrapes.

Second points race; Finished fourth. Started in the second row and managed to get through most of the traffic without too much hargy bargy. My gear changer starting slipping half way through the race and I couldn't change down into second, losing all the gain though out the lap at the pit end. The last corner I couldn't change at all and was happy I was able to hold off three bikes.

I really need to find another motor

Submit "Finally..." to Digg Submit "Finally..." to del.icio.us Submit "Finally..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Finally..." to Google Submit "Finally..." to reddit Submit "Finally..." to Facebook