View RSS Feed

Project Popup

I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike...

Rate this Entry
Yeah, I know. Haven't posted in a while.

So, what's happened with the bike? Well, so far I've done this:

1. Completely dismantled the rear caliper and rebuilt it.
  2. De-rusted, sanded, primered and painted the rear caliper torsion bar and front fairing bracket
  3. Used a steel wire brush to remove all of the rust from the exhaust headers.
  4. Removed the rivets from the exhaust muffler shroud, and removed the shroud in preparation for the repacking of the muffler.
  5. Completely cleaned and degreased the engine and frame and removed all of the years of old grass and dirt off it to reveal a not too bad condition bike.

I've purchased:

1. Suzuki Workshop Manual for the Katana ($49.95) trademe
  2. Side Stand ($28), numberplate light ($28) and numberplate light surround ($25) JAP MC Dismantlers.
  3. Replacement set of forks ($150) Buckets and Bits.

So, next step is going to be to start dismantling the bike in preparation for the removal of the rust and preparation for sand/soda blasting.

Oh, and selling a bit more stuff on trademe to pay for this work too...

Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to Digg Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to del.icio.us Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to Google Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to reddit Submit "I have actually been doing some stuff on the bike..." to Facebook

Comments