View RSS Feed

madmal64's Blog

Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009

Rate this Entry
Week 1 and I thought that Gill would pussy out on us because to was quite windy and overcast, but she didn't. Good on her too! The ride destination was Gill's choice and she decided to head to Paekakariki via Airley Rd in Plimmerton.
Being her 1st ride since May I thought it was a bit of a brave move doing the windy Airley Rd option but it all went well. The ride there was fine and following her I could see the wind was troubling the little GN250 a little. It was a solid 70km per per all the way. I must say a big thanks to the driver of the B Train that saw that we were riding with a learner and gave us heaps of room the entire way there.
Arrived at Finns and had a debrief and went in and ordered the wedges.
There was an open mic night on so live music was on the cards for the night.
The Wedges
Well for $9.00 I was disappointed. A plate of wedges with a small bowl of sour cream on one side and a bowl of sweet chilli sauce on the other. I like the bacon & melted cheese variety with my wedges rather than the naked version.
All in all I would rate the wedges 4/10.

The ride home was great! Gill confidence in her ability was noticable and was riding better. More relaxed and at ease with the conditions.
I can see that with a regular ride she will improve quickly and really start to enjoy the experience. Got back home and she was stoked with the ride and feeling good about the trip.
Bring on next week
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedgesFinns.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	188629  

Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to Digg Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to Google Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to reddit Submit "Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009" to Facebook

Comments