View RSS Feed

PrincessBandit

2 days on....

Rate this Entry
Well, second night at home and I'm amazed I was able to sleep on my left side already for part of the night.

While I realise that there is a world of difference between my injury count after the accident (back in March) including bruised rib cage, pulled muscles, etc. I hadn't expected to feel so good so quickly after the surgery.

My shoulders are now back in alignment, and the sling I've been given to use is brilliant - one of those fancy thick felt type ones with velcro adjusting straps over the shoulder and round the waist. It gives full support to my whole arm unlike the pathetic collar'n'cuff which I had after the accident.

Pain relief is pretty easy, just panadol and sleep is much easier than I expected. I'll now just have to work on not pushing myself too hard initially in my excitement to have the bone lined back up again. The scar looks pretty gnarly but I'm not worried about that at all, and I have some impressive looking bruising down my right breast which I guess is from the bone manipulation affecting the muscles in my chest. However, these things fade and I'm very happy with the outcome. Wish it had happened sooner, but onward and upward from here!!

Submit "2 days on...." to Digg Submit "2 days on...." to del.icio.us Submit "2 days on...." to StumbleUpon Submit "2 days on...." to Google Submit "2 days on...." to reddit Submit "2 days on...." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just read all your blog entries relating to your off. Ouchy!

Glad to hear that you are starting to see some real differences after such a long wait of nothing happening.