View RSS Feed

The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes

Trrs 2009

Rate this Entry
So had a few repairs to do on Rangi after being crashed during the endurance race the month before, also had to replace the righthand side footpeg hanger from being snapped from another accident (thanks for the loaner Sully) and general maintenance stuff and changing gearing for the longer track.
So with all that done and dusted and an uneventful and slow trip to Taupo in the van, we were set for two days of racing. First day the Bucket class (with what looked like a full field) got two practice sessions in for the day. Rangi was running good apart from top gear slippage along the back straight occasionally.
Second day and rain was predicted, but lucky for us the track managed to dry out from each shower before we hit the track. I was feeling comfortable on Rangi and it felt good to let him stretch his wee legs a bit on a bigger track. Was a little tentative about being carved up and knocked off like I had been last year, so often spent a bit of time riding listening for lapping riders and trying to stay in the middle of the track so they could pass me on either side (which they did, Rangi Sandwich anyone?)
I came consistently last, but I was just happy to be out there having fun and learning some new tricks, I didn't fall off or blow up or break anything so basicaly I achieved what I wanted.
I'll be back next year to give it another go!!

Submit "Trrs 2009" to Digg Submit "Trrs 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Trrs 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Trrs 2009" to Google Submit "Trrs 2009" to reddit Submit "Trrs 2009" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments