View RSS Feed

Fatt Max

Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010

Rate this Entry
Well, the new year is here at last, and now the serious training begins...

On April 10th 2010, myself and 3 chums named as team 'Shaken Not Stirred' will embark on the Oxfam trailwalk in Taupo. This is a team walk over 100km's through the day and the night which has to be completed in 36 hours. Our team are aiming for 24 - 29 hours all up meaning we will be crossing the finish line at about 10.00am on Sunday 11th April 2010 (my birthday....).

This is not a relay, we all walk together and finish together. There are checkpoints throughout the course where our support team meets us with food, water, bandages etc and we keep going....it's a real team challenge.

The main purpose is to raise money for Oxfam, a charity I believe in because they do so much work to help people all over the world and you are welcome to visit them and see where the money goes rather than wait for an annual financial statement from some scumbag corporate.

Anyway, the training starts in earnest now, we are doing a 42km walk in Woodhill Forest this weekend so it's bandages and Antiflam at the ready.....and no pies.....

So it's the night before the 42km walk, stone cold sober, hydrated and a big pasta dinner in me belly. Time for sleep now with a 4.00am start....oh the fucking joy of charity work, eh

Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to Digg Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to Google Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to reddit Submit "Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments