View RSS Feed

SpankMe's Site Info

Site server requirements and costs

Rate this Entry
Many people have asked about the cost of running this site. Also many others have offered to help host it and wanted to know what it required. So here are the details.

I run two sites on this server. Kiwi Biker & SV Portal.

Last updated: 11/01/2010

The cost:
Current server is with MegaNetServ: Setup $40US, Monthly fee $119US

vBulletin license: $30US/year for each site.
kiwibiker.co.nz domain cost: $35NZ/year
sv-portal.com domain cost: $35NZ/year

Server requirements:

This site needs its own server running Linux. Specifically Ubuntu 8.04LTS. I need full control of my own server to be able to do what I do.

Current server:
CPU: Intel Core2 E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 4GB @ 667MHz
Disk: 500GB SATA

KB uses 44GB filesystem and 5GB database
SV uses 13GB filesystem and 1GB database

Kiwi Biker uses about 200GB/month usage.
SV Portal uses about 30GB/month usage.
This does not include the twice weekly backups to my server at home or downloading software updates.

I also have to run a server 24hrs from home for testing and automated backups of the server in the US.

Here are links to full usage details for KB and SV.

I would like to thank everyone you have donated and setup APs to help with costs.

The biggest cost to me is time. Doing OS and site software updates and modifications.

If you wish to help with the running costs, I can accept donations via PayPal

or via direct debt to my bank.
Senior members van view my bank account details here.

Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to Digg Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to del.icio.us Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to Google Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to reddit Submit "Site server requirements and costs" to Facebook

Comments