View RSS Feed

madmal64's Blog

The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges

Rate this Entry
Another great evening for a ride. Caught up with the wednesday night crew again and headed over the hill again, this just a little further up the road.
Second time over the hill this week for me and since I had a really good run on Monday night I was looking forward to a repeat tonight. To make that happened I hung back and let the crowd go for it. By the time I got to the hill I had a clear road in front of me
Road was in good nick again and the road work crew are making sure the road is clean & clear after hours by the looks of things. Good one guys!
The Wedges
Finally some half decent spuds! These are the best wedges I have had so far on the little adventure. I must admit I was hesitant as the last time we rocked up at the Tin Hut the service was...urmm.... well below average, but this time the service was brilliant and quick turn out of food.
These wedges came in a bowl with sour cream & chilli sauce. Still no cheese and bacon!!!! Grrr!!!
They were small potatoes cut into quarters and cooked to perfection. Nice and crunchy on the outside and not all mush in the centre. BUT the nice touch was that they were seasoned quite differently. Mild curry. Very very mild and then another spice (which they wouldnt tell me what) has been added and they were bloody nice spuds.
$7.00 for this serving which is average. I would happily buy these again.
I rate these wedges 7/10.
Thanks Tin Hut for giving me a reasonable snack and a taste that was new and interesting.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tinhut200110.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	191951  

Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to Digg Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to del.icio.us Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to Google Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to reddit Submit "The Tin Hut Tauherenikau Wedges" to Facebook

Comments