View RSS Feed

rustic101

Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service - Update 09/02/10

Rate this Entry
I have just talked to a mate and he had exactly the same service last month at Wellington Motorcycles . They used exactly the same parts, fuilds etc on his Bandit 1250 (and a full fairing) and he was only charged $330.

Now I am really gutted

I will be getting a copy of his Tax Invoice and presenting this to the owner.

Update and reply to previous post - Sanatised

09 Feb 2010

I have just returned from Auckland after a fantastic road trip on the bike over 2000k all up, no problems with the tyres at a fast pace.. My argument is not/was never with the tyres.. As I explained to Phil initially they are being swapped out anyway, I guess thats just 'up selling' on behalf of WMC. Cycletreads were far far chearer with $8 delievery. Cost to fit $90 locally.

Currently I am awaiting delievery of tax invoices from other Bandit owners two who have had the same service recently at WMC, one from Taupo and a few from Auckland, none of which come even close to what I paid.. One explaination given by Suzuki is that WMC may have done a 24k service insteed of a 12k, Haines manual also indicate this may also be the case.

While I have calmed down a little, overall I am gutted in general with how I feel I have been treated. Not talking for others however everyone I have spoken too have said the same thing 'WMC are good at selling bikes however once you are out the door they do not give a fat rats arse'. Interestingly enough, other dealers I have talked througout the country just shook their heads, smiled and said 'thats about right for them...'.

Full credit to Steve to offer to rectify as WMC should do under the CG Act regardless, however I choose not to take this offer as to be honest I do not or would ever trust any work carried out on my bike. Unfortunatly and as I explained to Steve I would not reccommend or ever take my curent bike to WMC for servicing or work, nor will I be buying my new bike this year from WMC. Taking this further WMC are even geneally dearer in all respects to other local and on-line stores.

'Word of Mouth' and the Internet have no boundries and are very powerful tools at the hands of the consumer... This may be a point WMC may want to consider..

Once I have the documentary evidence I will be taking the appropreate action.

Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to Digg Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to del.icio.us Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to Google Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to reddit Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service  - Update 09/02/10" to Facebook

Updated 9th February 2010 at 19:18 by rustic101 (Updating)

Categories
Personal entry , Sport/Road Bikes , Bike & Product Reviews , General Bike Maintenance , General Bike Ravings

Comments

12 k service, valve clearances on my 1250 was and addition I choose. Std check is 24 km, small GSF models are done at 12 k.
    How timely this is for me - my Bandit is booked in for an 11,000km check next week. I've been happy with the service so far (apart from the exorbitant hourly rates charged) - poor old Phil, he's going to get plenty of shit thrown at him in the coming days.
    There is no way we could've done the same service on a 1250 for that price. You'll find the 1250 didn't have the valve clearances checked.
    My 12km service (under warranty)was $347.00 off hand.