View RSS Feed

gijoe1313's Blogs

Well I gone and done it now ...

Rate this Entry
Tonight, I have with some small fanfare and trepidation, have put my reputation and money where my mouth is ... I went and announced to the whole of the KB world that Jeaves and I have opened our own online bike parts store. With quality bike parts sourced from the land of the rising sun.

It was two years ago that over the re-wiring of my lil'ol'hornet's lights (for what seemed like the umpteenth time) that Jeaves and I were doing the classic Kiwi moan. "Why can't we get the cool stuff that japanese bikers take for granted?" "Where is all the innovative goods and products from Japan hiding in NZ?" "There needs to be more choice, more variety and they have to be stocked in NZ for kiwi bikers!"

Rant, rant, rant, moan, moan, moan. It was then, we got around to the next thought "right, if we want a change, we'll have to do it ourselves"

Oh how simple that statement sounded at the time. As we fiddled with the connections and stripped wire and soldered contacts and wrapped electrical tape around the innards of my lil'ol'hornet, we discussed ideas, bandied forth broad strokes of masterful strategy and how we could change the world one bike bit at a time.

Wonderful, oh how naive we were. Ahh, golden memories!

So somehow, we are now at this point where I have jumped onto my soap box and proclaimed to the online community, which I have inhabited that we are finally opened for business.

www.bikeko.co.nz

So innocuous a web address that does not show the journey we started to get to it. It reminds me of how we started as learners on our steeds of freedom, progressing up the skill levels over time to try and ensure we enjoy our ride without crashing too much. I suppose we have endured, made mistakes, two steps forward, one step back sort of thing.

But, we have done it, we are out there now, loud and proud!

I just hope we can keep hanging onto this crazy ride we started and who knows where it will end? Rather suits me I must say, for I ride in the same way!

It's odd how a passion became an obsession from my start as a biker three years ago. I must say, there are worse things to be obsessed about!

And like the motto we have ... Your bike. Our Parts. Any road you want.

It matters not if you have our parts, as long as you ride your road the way you want (safely of course!) I will be happy.

After all, any excuse for a ride is what I say!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIKEKO_header.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	197222  

Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to Digg Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to Google Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to reddit Submit "Well I gone and done it now ..." to Facebook

Comments

Well done, you fellas!
    Good luck with your venture mate,
    Excelent guys. I have visions of the middling ol' Hornet with gold handle bars, leavers and bar ends one day.
    good luck!!!
    Japanese parts? HECK YES!