View RSS Feed

scuzeme

Birth of and R6 Superstock #1

Rate this Entry
Most of you will know i had a season ending crash at Taupo last December, when i say season ending i was out of racing for 3 months on Doctors orders and missed the Tri Series, Taupo Endurance, PMCC and NZ Nationals.
After alot of talking and thinking i decided that i would make the next NZ Nationals my ultimate goal and use the year to build up my race craft, riding skills and general fitness.
The biggest decision was do i compete in Super Sport or try the new Super Stock class, the new class meant getting a stock bike or in other words a new bike.
I know there was alot of speculation about what i was going to get to the point that atleast one time a complete stranger came up to me to ask what i was replacing my current R6 with.
Heres the inside story, i was going to get a brand new Honda at a racers deal price, the CBR 600 is an awesome bike that handles like a dream and seems so easy to ride but i was a little concerned at its lack of ponies, i had made some enquiries about getting a Kawasaki at the same time and liked the ZX6 for two reasons, reason 1 30mm front forks, reason 2 117hp!
After some discussions it seemed as though i would be able to get a racers deal on the new Kwaka but needed a dealership to buy the bike through that would be willing to pass on the savings from Kawasaki NZ.
On the day that i was going to see the guys at Motorad i decided out of courtesy to go see TSS Red Baron to tell them what i was doing, Stew and the crew at TSS has been very supportive looking after me and my bike needs for the last year or so. On talking to Stew he asked me if i would want to stay on a Yamaha and i said yes if the deal was competitive with what Honda or Kawasaki was offering.
Within 15 minutes i was presented with an awesome deal that allowed me to stay on the latest R6 which has always been known as a racers bike straight out of the crate with top end no other manufacturer can equal!
At this stage the bike was ordered and on its way from Yamaha NZ in the mean time i started looking at the new super stock rules to see what you could and couldnt do to the bike.

My next blog: the bike arrives.....

Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to Digg Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to del.icio.us Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to Google Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to reddit Submit "Birth of and R6 Superstock #1" to Facebook

Comments

Please report the cock smoking spammers. Ta.