View RSS Feed

scuzeme

Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2

Rate this Entry
The Bike Arrives...
Picked up the bike rego'd and warranted from the boys at TSS Red Baron and wondered why i didnt get the white one HAHA, seriously the blue one looked cool so we got it in the van and i took it home.
In the mean time i had checked out the MNZ rules in regards to Super Stock setup and made a list of the changes i could do, they included the following:
Race fairing allowed,
Aftermaket rear sets allowed,
Braided brakelines allowed,
Removal of catalytic converter,
Installation of Mid pipe,
Introduction of aftermarket muffler,
Revalving of the front fork cartridges,
Introduction of aftermarket rear shock.

Had to wait 2 days before the weather was good enough to take the new R6 out for a spin and to be honest i wasnt looking forward to riding on the road having sold my 1098s a while ago as i had decided to give up road riding for track racing.
I had spoken to a few people about running the bike in and had various responses from ride it like you stole it to be a nanna for the first 1000kmh, the best advice i think i received was from Andrew Lawrence who said for the first 500 kmh do not use more than half throttle, rev it but only half throttle and do not load the engine too much.
Style wise there is not too much difference from the 09 model really just a longer muffler for better low end and mid range response.
Warming the bike up and hoping on i did a quick 50kms on the motorway using only half of the quarter throttle and taking the bike up to no more than 9000rpm.
The Bridge Stones are good tires but i did have a moment going round a roundabout i think it was a combination of new tires and a greasy road but the back did lose grip and started to come round to meet the front i just relaxed and the bike seemed to sort itself out, mental note to take it easy on the corners for this first ride.
The R6 was in a word smooth, very smooth actually, throttle response was instant and fluid and the engine wanted to take control and start breathing fire from about 8000rpm.
Front brakes felt a little spongy but i think that was just first ride settling in. As far as stability...the bike did not feel settled but i think its just a matter of dialing the suspension in and putting some nice Dunlop hoops on when the time comes.
Steering seemed so light compared to the 06 i mean really light, ergonomics are what im used to the seat still feels like a wooden plank but im ok with that because im not going to be doing too many long range runs or sight seeing tours on her

Im hoping i can put 500kms or more on the trip meter by the end of the weekend, i still havent ordered anything for the bike but theres still 3 weeks before round 2 so i have a little tine to get "Super stocked" up.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(002)..jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	208337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010..jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	208338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(001)..jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	208339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(003)..jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	208340  
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to Digg Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to del.icio.us Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to Google Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to reddit Submit "Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice fella........look forward to seeing both of ya out on the track!