View RSS Feed

Bald Eagle

BRONZ Wellington update

Rate this Entry
BRONZ Wellington formed from the BIKEOI.
It was established with support from BRONZ Auckland (Thanks Auck’s!)
What it stood for as a regional branch, how it was to be organized, and a focus on political activity drove the opening of the Wellington Branch.

Our President Brent Hutchison, our VP Paul Ellen, and Byron Cummins the Treasurer were selected in a meeting at the Backbencher opposite Parliament on Nov 17, 2009 twenty minutes after the great chant of BULLSHIT was delivered to Nick Smith. What a great day that was.

Since Wellington has opened, we have achieved to get a representative on the MSL Establishment Group (ACC Motorcycle Safety Levy) assisting with managing the ring fenced funds from our levy contribution.

Now our active branch (all 42 of us!) has planned a National Conference, (this is huge news and all BRONZ members will know more soon via e-news etc) and we established a charity to support, namely SPCA, and are planning two major events simultaneously in November.

Event one will be on the 13th November as a charity ride to raise funds for SPCA, and public awareness of BRONZ.

We intend to follow this with an overnight Biker Rally as event two (location to be set) as a commemoration of BIKEOI. The 13th is the date closest to the 17th we can get on a weekend.
You know the drill, crap amateur bands, burnt sausages, tents, beer, bourbon and a recruitment drive WOOHOO!
We will have a location secured sometime in the near future and it will be well publicized. All welcome, any bike style, bring the rug rats, have a ball and support BRONZ.

Our President is going to ask the other branches to simultaneously run some kind of event ride or rally in their home regions to also commemorate BIKEOI on this date so we hope it comes off as a national commemoration of BIKEOI.

Ok, why is there a BRONZ at all?
Recently a member of one region complained “BRONZ did NOTHING for me…. I want a refund’
Well. If that person owns a bike of over 601 cc’s, BRONZ directly assisted in saving you, and them, and all other bike owners 360$ worth of Levy increase. A good return on 20$ and a 10$ badge fee I would think.
Remember the BIKEOI, I hope you do because BRONZ Auckland (Les Mason) had the idea, and our Wellington Branch opened as a result.
And let’s not forget to credit Ulysses with assuring that SOME of that rort was ring fenced for US to spend on safety programs for ourselves!!!!!!!!

Details here:
http://www.acc.co.nz/about-acc/overv...nded/WPC086434

So anyway there it is for all you Kiwibiker’s, an update on progress from BRONZ Wellington and an outline of our basic plans for the coming 6 months.
Email info@bronzwellington.org.nz for more details, or go to our new (and still being tweaked sorry) website www.bronzwellington.org.nz

BRONZ Wellington Branch Committee

Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to Digg Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to del.icio.us Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to StumbleUpon Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to Google Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to reddit Submit "BRONZ Wellington update" to Facebook

Comments