View RSS Feed

Brownbikerbabe

Looking for a good man...

Rate this Entry
....Woman, child, grandma, stunt animal...to teach me how to do a wheelie...I won't rest until I have done one! I actually met two young guys in a pick up truck while I was stopped at a red light, while I was on my Ninja and he stuck his head out the windah and asked me if I was going to "pop it up" for him...I don't have a penis so I was assuming my bike wheelie-ing...was what he meant

I was embarrased to say, I didn't know how to do one, he quickly offered to jump on the back of mine and come teach me...erm....uh.....NO!

*sigh*...I wish I could find someone to teach me how to........but I don't want to drop my bike or myself. Video explanations accepted

Don't think i am Cuckoo, I've always just wanted to do one, and since I have always been a cruiser rider, never thought of my old childhood wish until I got this little green baby.

Submit "Looking for a good man..." to Digg Submit "Looking for a good man..." to del.icio.us Submit "Looking for a good man..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking for a good man..." to Google Submit "Looking for a good man..." to reddit Submit "Looking for a good man..." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hear you here...I too would love to be able to lift the front up and let it rip. good luck with it all...I remember reading somewhere once upon about how to do a wheelie...will go see if a i can find it for you
    And don't forget to cover the back brake, I didn't seem him mention that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch
    And don't forget to cover the back brake, I didn't seem him mention that.
    See why its just not gonna cut with watching vids...cover the back brake? That's something important isn't it? I'm so desperate to learn I may start walking up to strangers with crotch rockets and asking them if they know how to do a wheelie...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath
    Thanks for the vid
    I'm pretty good at pullin the odd wheelie or 6. I learnt alot through the internet and there is alot! of how to wheelie vids on youtube an the like, Every rider that can do a wheelie has an opinion, an I think if you sift threw the crap an come to you own conclusiions safely you will get there. The biggest thing I found is never try an do one to show off you will fuck it up. You have to learn first before you can show off from the lights. So that means back road, fit an healthy with some one that knows how to, also that you feel comfortable with an you have no need to impress, It really clicked for me when I heard the sound of 'clucth rev clutch out" every good wheelie starts with that sound. I would say RELISE you have springs attached to your handle bars they bounce(your forks) you can use them an your clutch together to help your bike bring the front up, As long you have quick reactions an are semi coordinated you don't need to cover the rear brake until much later in wheelie school , First thing go out there an play with your clutch stay in first gear. go slowly up an down a flat road(you will get so good at U-turns) start by accelerating gradually upto about 20km/h-30km/h chop the throttle(close aburptly)the springs go down while they are on the way up crack(open abruptly) the throttle watch the springs kinda bounce the front up a bit IF you get timimg right. This could days of practicing to get the timing right if it comes up quick jus close the throttle an the wheel will drop
    Good luck, talk to people until you hear that sound you wont get the timing right

I have been tryin Hard to learn how to cover the rear brake I can't do it yet but I'll keep tryin, I could still do this 2 years ago on my 600
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMM4BPYUqrA
    Quote Originally Posted by owner
    I'm pretty good at pullin the odd wheelie or 6. I learnt alot through the internet and there is alot! of how to wheelie vids on youtube an the like, Every rider that can do a wheelie has an opinion, an I think if you sift threw the crap an come to you own conclusiions safely you will get there. The biggest thing I found is never try an do one to show off you will fuck it up. You have to learn first before you can show off from the lights. So that means back road, fit an healthy with some one that knows how to, also that you feel comfortable with an you have no need to impress, It really clicked for me when I heard the sound of 'clucth rev clutch out" every good wheelie starts with that sound. I would say RELISE you have springs attached to your handle bars they bounce(your forks) you can use them an your clutch together to help your bike bring the front up, As long you have quick reactions an are semi coordinated you don't need to cover the rear brake until much later in wheelie school , First thing go out there an play with your clutch stay in first gear. go slowly up an down a flat road(you will get so good at U-turns) start by accelerating gradually upto about 20km/h-30km/h chop the throttle(close aburptly)the springs go down while they are on the way up crack(open abruptly) the throttle watch the springs kinda bounce the front up a bit IF you get timimg right. This could days of practicing to get the timing right if it comes up quick jus close the throttle an the wheel will drop
    Good luck, talk to people until you hear that sound you wont get the timing right

I have been tryin Hard to learn how to cover the rear brake I can't do it yet but I'll keep tryin, I could still do this 2 years ago on my 600
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMM4BPYUqrA
    Great Thanks for all that advice, I think I may have to just start on my own...on back roads and practice practice practice!
    It's a bike both wheels are meant to be on the ground.. Find a dirt bike and a paddock go learn in there... most of all when it does go UP do not panic and do not open the throttle wide as the bike may well come over backwards on you....Be carefull.
    Amen to wheelies. my introduction came when I lined up my brothers Yamaha XJ600 on my old Honda NV400. Stuck its nose in the air and stayed there. Brother was so impressed he forgot to let out the clutch! Having more torque than horsepower helps I think :P
    Quote Originally Posted by duckonin
    It's a bike both wheels are meant to be on the ground.. Find a dirt bike and a paddock go learn in there... most of all when it does go UP do not panic and do not open the throttle wide as the bike may well come over backwards on you....Be carefull.
    Ok, here's a question...have YOU ever done wheelies?...not so easy to find dirtbikes to bang around here, nothing under 1000 dollars...that's alot to pay for a practice bike. The bikers here are more or less in large groups...mostly men, or I see couples here and there. Mostly loners. So its not so easy to find someone to teache me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryaeil
    Amen to wheelies. my introduction came when I lined up my brothers Yamaha XJ600 on my old Honda NV400. Stuck its nose in the air and stayed there. Brother was so impressed he forgot to let out the clutch! Having more torque than horsepower helps I think :P
    Amen Amen...I'd like to say that...just once in my life that hey I DID IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbabe
    Ok, here's a question...have YOU ever done wheelies?...not so easy to find dirtbikes to bang around here, nothing under 1000 dollars...that's alot to pay for a practice bike. The bikers here are more or less in large groups...mostly men, or I see couples here and there. Mostly loners. So its not so easy to find someone to teache me either.
    , $1000 Is a lot to pay for practise but in learning you get it wrong on your road bike on the tarseal not only will your bike turn to shite but you also may not be looking good..

The 'first time' your bike goes in the air I wish you the best,! now first bit of good information, make sure you have the front wheel straight when you are come back to earth.