View RSS Feed

scuzeme

Birth of an R6 Superstock #4

Rate this Entry
Shit, August since my last blog but trying to settle into a new place and racing the last couple of rounds of the VMCC winter series has left me a little preoccupied, but I’m relieved to say that I have completed the build of my 2010 R6 into a racing machine.
The goal is to race the Yamaha at the 2011 nationals in the super stock class but I do have some club races coming up and have brought the bike up to a competitive specification by completing the following:
Full Graves’s titanium exhaust (stock headers to be installed for nationals competition), Power Commander V, Woodcraft handlebars, Full race fairings, Galfer braided brake lines, Scintered brake pads, Driven 520 conversion kit, Stomp tank grips, Dunlop GP211’s, Spectro platimum 4 fully synthetic oil
When you see the Super stock rules the bike is not compliant but I will make the modifications needed at Nationals time, at the moment I need to make the bike as competitive as I can for the Tri series and club racing where I will be competing with super sport spec bikes.
Chris Osborne was kind enough to dyno the bike and dial in the power commander for maximum HP throughout the rev range. Without giving exact figures the power commander give me close to a 5hp increase over and above the 2 to 3hp increase from the Graves exhaust system that’s 7 to 8hp above stock from bolt on parts! To say I’m happy with the hp output is an understatement I am confident that my R6 will be more than competitive against any other stock manufacturers machine and I think it would even be competitive in a super stock class.
The only thing left to do is some modifications to the front and rear suspension but this will need to be done during real time testing in conjunction with careful scrutiny of the new super stock rules.
Taking the bike out for a test after making the above modifications she was responsive and determined from about 4k rpm coming on song at 10k rpm unleashing gobs of power to redline at 16k rpm. The power commander has really smoothed out the power curve and I feel a real confidence about the power delivery and I think the Dyno Jet auto tuner which can tune “on the fly” or give you a comparison map based on data logging during your runs as an option over the stock map will also help when racing at different tracks at different elevations.
Budget? To get the bike to the current standard including two sets of fully painted race fairings and a brand new set of Dunlops...about $5000 add another $1500 for suspension modifications and sign writing, you be the judge in regards to whether its worth it.
I will continue to blog about my progress with the bike in regards to racing, please feel free to comment or if you are intending to put a bike together im happy to give advice based on my experience, Cheers and thanks for reading my blog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0065.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	222285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0070.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	433.0 KB 
ID:	222286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0069.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	222287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0066.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	332.0 KB 
ID:	222288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0067.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	222289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0068.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	222290

Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to Digg Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to del.icio.us Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to Google Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to reddit Submit "Birth of an R6 Superstock #4" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like a weapon, Daz! Bring on the South!!!
    Nice work man. See ya at nationals!