View RSS Feed

gijoe1313's Blogs

1st Day of Hols ... out riding!

Rate this Entry
Well Monday was a good day for me, got up early and dropped my girl off to work on Max ( Big Ol'Hornet 900 ) - she asked me sweetly what I would be up to! With a cavalier wink and a sly smile, I duly announced ... "Riding, riding ... followed with more riding!"

So I pootled off home to gear up and change bikes to Cindi ( Predator ) and after filling up at the local servo, I merrily rode my way to the Coromandel via Kaiaua. The great thing about doing these roads at what is work time for many is a joy and bliss to behold!

Twists and turns were great and the weather was mint, a brief stop at the toilets to wipe off the bug splats on visor and off to Kopu! It has been an uncharacteristically long time for me to ride the Coro loop again - the changes in effect from last I saw was quite startling, not least the new roundabout which so diverted me towards Paeroa for a bit! Looping back, the initial road to Tairua was covered in fresh roadworks, a bit of gravel and onto the usual roads.

Traffic was light as you would expect and a merry time was had of it, in Tairua I txtd Gremlin to taunt him about how he was subsiding my jaunt. His txtd reply was so rude!

Anyhow the twisties up to Whitianga were a delight, the corners a dipping and a bobbing and a weaving, my delightful Cindi was purring and howling and enjoying the tickle on the throttle. Scenery was mint and the sun was starting to really warm everything up (I had on thermals for some unphantomable reason! )

At Whitianga, I had an early lunch stop at the excellent bakery across from the Caltex. A potato top and a lamb and mint pie was scoffed and washed down the throat with a pepsi. Delicisimo!

More txts to taunt Gremlin. Who responded by saying he had f**ked his Katie (KTM). Again. FFS, that lad really lives up to his nickname when it comes to bike problems! List of damage this time : Bent front wheelrim and shorting of lekky system

Anyhow, completing the rest of the loop, the fuel levels dipped with enthusiastic glee as Cindi sipped away. The ride around the coast to Thames was pleasant and lovely, polite motorists were actually giving me ample opportunities to pass them!

All too soon, Thames hove into view and I refilled at the BP servo, Gremlin this time importuning me to give him a lift back from Botany Honda because he had to drop Katie off to them. Time was getting on, but not before I divested myself of my thermal top (baking like an idiot), chatted to an old fella about his new purchase of a CB500X from down the line - he was using the local mower shop to help tighten up a loose rear wheel axle nut! "It was riding beautifully, until it felt like it was not handling the way it should ..." were his words! Hope he got back home okay!

Anyway, back to D'orkland and done so via Miranda to Hunuas, taking the back way (ooer! typical bloody Honda riders) via Ormiston rd, I met up with Gremlin and we basically bickered and insulted one another on the way to Botany Honda . Poor Cindi, a great 90kg lump of useless man-meat on the bitch seat!

Much more insults and abuse at Botany Honda and eventually Gremlin and I went back to his work so I could refill the Scott Oiler on Cindi (much jokes about how we should just buy a box load of oil since we use them up pretty quickly!)

Eventually I tired of Gremlin's company and went to pick up my girl from work. A Hornet Swarm ride to attend to! (Nothing picks me up like riding, riding ... and more riding! )

So around 6.30pm we left the meeting spot, Interceptor, TOTO, Zeocen and Sharry were in attendance. We rode the Whitford-Maraetai loop with Twilight road tossed in and then back to Botany for some banquet eats. Loads of food and I'm sure some of them will still be burping flavours of it back up today!

The prize grab game consumed all of our dollar coins as we fixated on trying to win a dolphin - which kept dropping out of the dropper arm at the last moment! Thank god we ran out of coins otherwise it would be the most expensive prize ever! If we ever do win it, it will have to become our mascot!

So at the end of the night, with all the bai-wavies done, everyone departed for parts thereof to grace their peaceful beds!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thames toilet door.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	622.1 KB 
ID:	226003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maraetai1.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	438.6 KB 
ID:	226004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maraetai2.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	226005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	who ate all the pies.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	521.4 KB 
ID:	226006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cute bag.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	634.6 KB 
ID:	226007  

Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to Digg Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to del.icio.us Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to Google Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to reddit Submit "1st Day of Hols ... out riding!" to Facebook

Comments

Damn, sounds like a good day of riding. And scoffing pies, always good. But seriously dude, Pepsi?

Compare your good day riding to mine today. Got blardy soaked this morning on the commute. It seems my waterproof trou aren't waterproof anymore. Gloves are drying out in front of a heater in my office. Boots are damp. And with rain finding its way in through my jacket collar I've been in wet clothes most of the day, but they've finally dried out in time for the commute home, in more rain! I love motorcycling I suppose it's been a while since we had much rain in Akld so it was bound to catch up eventually...

With the amount of commuting instead of enjoyable riding that I do I was rather disappointed to miss the swarm ride this week Still gotta borrow your 900 for a few days to see how the commute compares to my Gixxer. Maybe next year some time.
    bastard...

cheers for the lift tho. 2 men on a honda! Pity this one came prepared with chest and back protector