View RSS Feed

Buckets4Me

Expensive buckets?

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by all4A50s View Post
At the last count I had just passed retail value (including the bike) of $10,100.
$900

thats the purchase price of $150 gp125 (with a blowen engine)
and $750 for the rs frame spare wheels and ollins shock and fork internalls

dosent include the $1400 engine rebuild i didn't pay for (on old engine I pinched)

so divide that by 6 years and buckets or F4 is cheap racing
stop complaining about the price and go race something els where you need 10k to get started instead of 2-3k (I know you can race a cheap piece of shit but you want to be near the frount dont you)

I know people that would drink more than 2-3k of bear in a year (thats less than $60 a week)
about the price of a good flat screen TV

a mountain bike costs more
so dose a good road bike (peddle power)
you probably pay more going to the gym than building a bike

Submit "Expensive buckets?" to Digg Submit "Expensive buckets?" to del.icio.us Submit "Expensive buckets?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Expensive buckets?" to Google Submit "Expensive buckets?" to reddit Submit "Expensive buckets?" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I remember when bucket racing was based on shitty old commuters with stock engine maybe hotted up and everything that wasn't essential removed and you could race competitively for a few hundred bucks. It's much faster and more competive, and people take bucket racing really seriously these days, but I kind of miss the idea of them being cheap and minimalistic and only built for a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrub
    I remember when bucket racing was based on shitty old commuters with stock engine maybe hotted up and everything that wasn't essential removed and you could race competitively for a few hundred bucks. It's much faster and more competive, and people take bucket racing really seriously these days, but I kind of miss the idea of them being cheap and minimalistic and only built for a laugh.
    I can see both sides there but costs for everything have gone up. Has anyone priced a good competitive race bike for any other class lately buckets are still cheap and the rules allow for the most freedom in design. Everything else to too restrictive.
    I can't say i agree with the GP bike frames but if you can't beat them join them or in my case If you can't find one cheap enough. Build something even better with Carbon Fibre.