View RSS Feed

all4A50s newbie experience

It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard

Rate this Entry
Don't they say something along the lines of preparation is key, or something to that effect.

One must also include in this, "check any engine mods you have done religiously when trying out something new!"

Half way through the first race of the day my engine got very very noisy to where it sounded like one of the cam chain guides had shat itself. What is was the piston grinding against the edge of the cylinder wall as one of the brass buches and aluminum bullets had broken up. To makes things even more exiting for me there is aluminum bits coating about 90% of the engines components. Then to top it all off I needed to buy another tool (what a Bummer ) so I can finish pulling the engine apart.

So the race is on to get a Crankshaft and piston here is time to have the cylinder bored out and the engine clean and re-assembled for the next round.

Hopefully a piston will be here by the end of this week (a float on a ship at present), the crank here by halfway through the following week and the tool here by Thursday.

Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to Digg Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to del.icio.us Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to StumbleUpon Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to Google Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to reddit Submit "It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard" to Facebook

Comments