View RSS Feed

mbazza's Blog

Showers falling as snow.

Rate this Entry
The forecast in the ODT this morning had the statement: "showers falling as snow". Interesting, I'd never heard this in a forecast before. True it was! Snow showers, light and not settling snow fell through to about 1300hrs. Was cold and then the 'showers' fell as rain for a while!
About 0930 hrs I had to pop down town on the scooter commuter getting a frozen bum from these "showers falling as snow" which had frozen on the scotter seat. Yeah! For quality winter bike gloves which were up to scraping this frozen sludge off the seat. Roads were clear and I provided great fun filling up with 91 Octane at the local service station. Good natured banter turned into a down right laugh for all when a senior citizen tootled in on his electric mobility scooter with a 9kg gas bottle to be refilled tucked between his legs! Joke was on me as at least he was trying to keep warm! Keep the knees behind the fairing and the rubber bits the right way up! Scooters rule in the "showers falling as snow!". Cheers

Submit "Showers falling as snow." to Digg Submit "Showers falling as snow." to del.icio.us Submit "Showers falling as snow." to StumbleUpon Submit "Showers falling as snow." to Google Submit "Showers falling as snow." to reddit Submit "Showers falling as snow." to Facebook

Comments