View RSS Feed

Billy

MNZ board nominations

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming on here and giving us your opinion,Im sure you have better things to do with your time as does Jim actually running MNZ and not just talking about it!!

Yes I was aware you had competed at the TT as I too am able to access "mylaps",
Im sure youve heard the expression "1 swallow does NOT make a summer"

Can you please explain too the rest of us,What if anything you have done in the past 2 years as a senior and well respected member of the sidecar fraternity as well as being the immediate past president of the now disassociated NZSRA to ease the rift between some sidecar competitors in nz and MNZ and the sidecar competitors that did try to put on a show for the general public???

And is this how you would handle the difficult issues as MNZ president???

I am aware of the amount of effort you have put into doing the National series pre the period mentioned above,As I have been a competitor and member of MNZ and its predecessor the NZACU since first competing at the now defunct Porrirua Grand Prix in 1971,I think I have as good an idea if not better than most on this site,Whos who and which people are capable.

During that 40 years I have been a close personal friend of the current MNZ president and have observed the total commitment he has had for MNZ/NZACU as a whole for very little return,He is NOT a retired or current when they feel like it competitor,He has devoted a huge part of his life to nurturing a sport he has never had any physical return from and therefore has NO hidden agendas as have been implied by others in this very thread.

Is it not also true that the surgery you mention above was kidney replacement ?

Was this not due too you being diagnosed with renal failure and has been stated in a previous post in this thread continued too compete putting yourself and other competitors/spectators at risk in the case of loss of consciouness while operating your machine,We have all seen the evidence of the effects of renal failure in Jonah Lomu,I would suggest he is a much bigger/stronger and fitter individual than yourself and he clearly couldnt deal with it.

Is it not your responsibility as a competitor to notify MNZ through your medical practitioner if or when circumstances arise medically that may impede your ability too control a machine safely?In fact let me answer that for you"Yes" and its on the MNZ licence application form we all fill out when applying for a licence.

Did you or your medical practitioner notify MNZ immediately you were diagnosed?or is it fact the current MNZ president had too make contact with you on this matter and is this the type of transperency Mr Scrivener speaks of ??

Is it also true you intend to run the roadrace National series in the same manner you have become accustomed to with the TRRS whereby it has been stated by both Sidecar Bob and scrivy it runs at a loss ???

Is it also true as stated by Mr Scrivener in an earlier post in this thread that there have been No new entrants too the NZSRA in the past 2 years only 1 renewal and 2 teams that MIGHT by a rig after the next Have A Go day??

If this is seen too be fact,I find it disturbing that you can claim you will be increasing the numbers at National Level when you cant rally the troops in sidecar racing alone!

As a comparison,I have singlehandedly introduced 4 new entrants at club level,Rachel Price,Astrid Hartnell,Simon Vollmer and the late Tim Porter,
(It should be noted here Rachel had competed a couple of times previous but had no immediate avenue to further compete until I contacted her)
Moved Simon on to participate at National level in the new Prolite 250 class as well as introduced at National level the following,Alex Bowers,Paul Billington,Sarah Elliot.

Surely that leaves the NZSRAs attempts over the past 2 years too be wanting???

I have not seen anywhere,You have stated how you will improve the situation re Junior training and entry level coaching and nurturing as has been evident in the South Island in recent years and is clearly the best way of increasing sustainable grid numbers and growing the sport,

What are your plans here??

I am aware the current board and commission have some big plans in this area especially the 13-15 year old age bracket targeted by Peter Jones and MCC.

Can you give the members a guarantee that Messrs Scrivener and Bryan will hold NO position of power with in the organisation and that you will not be influenced in anyway by their destructive approach too the sport ??

Finally,If you have taken my comments on here personally then I am saddened,It was however in some cases the only way too get my point across without one on one dialogue,Or too put it another way,Dealing with the dogs and not the owner,

"Who let the dogs out"Make an excellent song that!!
Why have these questions NOT been answered either here or on facebook?

Chris Lawrance is obviously underqualified and look at the state his chosen discipline(sidecar racing)is in!

VOTE JIM TUCKERMAN and keep MNZ moving forward.

Under his guidance MNZ has gone from a $100,000 deficit to a $200,000 surplus,The office has become more efficient,A new exciting class has been inducted too roadracing(250 Prolite) and roadracing in general is moving forward,The board have come up with some new innovative ideas for junior induction and training which if supported will see us moving back to the heady days of the late eighties and 250 production,When we were producing world class riders likeAaron Slight, Andrew Stroud and Simon Crafar,Lets keep the momentum moving forward,Not stagnate like some disciplines have.

Submit "MNZ board nominations" to Digg Submit "MNZ board nominations" to del.icio.us Submit "MNZ board nominations" to StumbleUpon Submit "MNZ board nominations" to Google Submit "MNZ board nominations" to reddit Submit "MNZ board nominations" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments