View RSS Feed

Gremlin's Tall Stories

Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)

Rate this Entry
Ok... so not without some considerable help from the mechanics.

As blogged before, a uh, miscalculation in trajectory saw the BMW tumbling into a field. Rode her back, and the last two months have been spent sorting insurance claim, waiting for parts, then she got booked into the shop etc, and now she is finally being put back together with some shiny parts. While all that got going, I've been developing a healthy twitch in one eye, from the lack of riding her.

This is how she currently looks (3 days into repair), with the wiring being worked on. Probably doesn't help that several kilos of accessory wiring has been added. When she was set up, it took 3 days of labour to get it all sorted, with extra switches, 2 accessory hubs (because 5 ports on one isn't enough), lighting etc.

Never knew a BMW might be able to look a normal size.... of course, missing is the tank, screen, entire instrument cluster, panniers etc.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REPAIRS 001.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	237987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REPAIRS 002.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	237988  

Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to Digg Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to del.icio.us Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to Google Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to reddit Submit "Jessica pulls herself together (04/05/2011)" to Facebook

Categories
Mechanical Mishaps

Comments

Skin and bone She just needs a damb good meal and she'll be right
    Oh look!!. An etheopian BMW. Quick feed her. Make her look pretty again.

Looking forward to you getting her back on the road so we can read some more of Gremlin's (mis)adventures.
    This time, add in the flight option so when it takes off next time, you can land properly!
    Does look a bit like something Arnie could be riding in his next Terminator movie.....but then I guess you did deal to it a bit like Arnie would have!?
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ
    but then I guess you did deal to it a bit like Arnie would have!?
    Well... yeah

For 300kg ish, with fuel, luggage etc, to go tumbling (I'm guessing), bend the subframe, break the instrument cluster mounts, wrench all luggage off, but the bike not to be a write off, I think is excellent testament to the build quality.

Not ready today... perhaps tomorrow