View RSS Feed

Chancebmx25

Rgv250

Rate this Entry
So I thought id give an update of the RGV which ive being projecting over the last week both cosmetic wise and engine wise.

Its going pretty well. My new powervalves should be here soon as im giving the bike an overhaul on its PV's seeing that i dont like the look of my current ones, scored and what not, so time to replace as i dont want PV failure, have had one failure of the PV's in RHS cylinder. So new pulleys, brushes, springs, cables, shafts and what not are all going to be fitted when the pv's arrive. Have received one half now waiting on the other. The last failure was caused from one of the cables from the pulleys seizing up, it had become frayed to the slightest extent completely 'fucking' it.

So after discovering a cracked PV (luckily it didn't shatter, mind you i run 2 stage valves so they are more stronger then your thin lil 3 stage valves but still need to be checked frequently) i decided to replace both power valve sets in both cylinders, all cables and pulleys, through to shafts, springs, arms and what not. So a complete overhaul in other words,

In the Mean time while playing the waiting game for the Powervalves, (as ive received everything else) ive just being tinkering with other things on my bike, over the last few weeks mind you.

The frame is now polished, swingarm polished, brake fluid changed and re-done. Ive also given the carbies some new fuel filters, and have adjusted everything (cables for throttle, oil pump and what not). Have cleaned it countless of times of unnecessary paku over the engine and what not. And besides that it all seems to be going well.

The fairings are in my room waiting to be put on, so should be looking good. My new Rim strips are on there way in rizla yellow to match the fairings, and my bikes booked to have its suspension tuned within the next few weeks.

What next?

Tires: Bridgestone BT090 set for Vj21 From Tuningworks.
Top end: Wiseco Forged Complete Kit.
Exhaust: JollyMoto Expansion Chambers for vj21
Brakes: EBC disc and pads complete set

All in all the projects going as planned.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	522.2 KB 
ID:	242004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	242005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0403.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	520.9 KB 
ID:	242006

Submit "Rgv250" to Digg Submit "Rgv250" to del.icio.us Submit "Rgv250" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rgv250" to Google Submit "Rgv250" to reddit Submit "Rgv250" to Facebook

Comments

the bikes also being rewired, i redone my wiring loom. the iridium plugs and leads.