View RSS Feed

all4A50s newbie experience

How do I hide the cost this time from my wife

Rate this Entry
The eternal question posed many a husband since men have tried to faster.

Last weekend I took my older daughter up to ride (giving me an excuse so I could race there) at Roy's Hill go-kart track, which she did with much enjoyment. I must admit I had my heart, lungs and stomach stuck in my throat each time she headed out with visions of broken bone x-rays and a very angry wife. But by the end of the second days racing I was one very proud Dad with the way she rode.

I on the other hand have had my arse handed to me by A-grade again (intimidated again), my bike crashed by another (bent clip-on, broken levers, damaged brake line) and a sick engine (loss of compression due to cracked valve, leaking valve seals and build up of carbon), which would only start by crash starting the bike and wouldn't idle.

I just got the parts price from Faddybike and while not being the most costly expense, by the time I added in a race shock and race cams I going to have to be inventive with the expenses. However if I want to have a chance of not finishing last and lapped (given my current riding level) I need to step the bike's performance up again. My goal is to beat Adrian by the end of the year.

Unfortunately getting the head air flowed will have to wait.

Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to Digg Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to del.icio.us Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to StumbleUpon Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to Google Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to reddit Submit "How do I hide the cost this time from my wife" to Facebook

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Trudes
    Have you got a key to the track yet?
    I decided to spend the money on a race shock and cam instead.